USA Phd

surapaneni1

14 hours ago, surapaneni1 said:

Cousin completed Mtech from IIT Hyderabad.. mtech lo topper..

Now trying for PhD is USA Universities in Climate change subject..

Ee University lu best..

Stifund gurinchi idea unnollu konchem suggestions ivvandi..

Is PhD helpful in green card process..

I have a friend who did his PhD in this topic from the US and is working as professor in Europe University

10 minutes ago, surapaneni1 said:

India lo R&D ki importance ivvatam takkuva..

you are absolutely wrong on this, India lo (IISc and IITs) too much research oriented, less industry oriented/related work. But of late this is changing with young faculty, you have to chose the Prof as per your interests

33 minutes ago, gaddamhemanth said:

you are absolutely wrong on this, India lo (IISc and IITs) too much research oriented, less industry oriented/related work. But of late this is changing with young faculty, you have to chose the Prof as per your interests

Mana companies R&D ki preference chala takkuva...

Only Pharma lo konta better..

IISC and IIT lo chadivina vallu ikkade stay chesi work chestunnara..

59 minutes ago, gaddamhemanth said:

recommend means what? whether encourage you to do or not else you need a recommendation letter for applying

Recommendation ae bro 

Where we can comfortably get through the PhD program 

Looking in the areas of Environmental science or Climate change related or Occupational health related courses 

kindly suggest bro 

6 minutes ago, Nfan from 1982 said:

Recommendation ae bro 

Where we can comfortably get through the PhD program 

Looking in the areas of Environmental science or Climate change related or Occupational health related courses 

kindly suggest bro 

Sent you a message, need few details pls reply

34 minutes ago, surapaneni1 said:

Mana companies R&D ki preference chala takkuva...

Only Pharma lo konta better..

IISC and IIT lo chadivina vallu ikkade stay chesi work chestunnara..

You are spot on, In India Post PhD opportunities are very less, that's why I don't recommend anybody to do PhD in India

19 hours ago, surapaneni1 said:

Cousin completed Mtech from IIT Hyderabad.. mtech lo topper..

Now trying for PhD is USA Universities in Climate change subject..

Ee University lu best..

Stifund gurinchi idea unnollu konchem suggestions ivvandi..

Is PhD helpful in green card process..

I have completed MS from University of Nebraska-Lincoln and PhD from Mississippi State University. Getting a degree from any US public (state) university is a great thing and will help in anyone’s career. 
Regarding the helpfulness of PhD in getting GreenCard is difficult to answer. We need a solid academic career which includes not just a PhD, but also research article publications, citations, strong recommendations, academic society memberships, authorship in book chapters, moderating meetings in annual meetings of the academic societies, peer reviewing opportunities in reputed journals etc. So, in a way we need to do at least few years of Post-Doc to build a strong resume to be eligible to pursue GC in EB1 category. If you decide to join private industry right after PhD, they won’t prefer to file GC in EB1 category, and instead they will file in EB2 category. 
Regarding the scholorships (Graduate Research Assistantships), I strongly suggest him to go through his friend circle, his seniors who pursued similar academic careers to understand the overall process of applying, reaching out to the faculty members, choosing universities etc. He can also search in the websites of the academic societies of his subject for MS and PhD opportunities posted by the faculty members from various universities. 
I am happy to help and explain the overall process to him if needed. 

2 hours ago, mannam said:

I have completed MS from University of Nebraska-Lincoln and PhD from Mississippi State University. Getting a degree from any US public (state) university is a great thing and will help in anyone’s career. 
Regarding the helpfulness of PhD in getting GreenCard is difficult to answer. We need a solid academic career which includes not just a PhD, but also research article publications, citations, strong recommendations, academic society memberships, authorship in book chapters, moderating meetings in annual meetings of the academic societies, peer reviewing opportunities in reputed journals etc. So, in a way we need to do at least few years of Post-Doc to build a strong resume to be eligible to pursue GC in EB1 category. If you decide to join private industry right after PhD, they won’t prefer to file GC in EB1 category, and instead they will file in EB2 category. 
Regarding the scholorships (Graduate Research Assistantships), I strongly suggest him to go through his friend circle, his seniors who pursued similar academic careers to understand the overall process of applying, reaching out to the faculty members, choosing universities etc. He can also search in the websites of the academic societies of his subject for MS and PhD opportunities posted by the faculty members from various universities. 
I am happy to help and explain the overall process to him if needed. 

Top universities ki apply cheyadaniki trying brother..

Thank you for your information.. i will be in touch..

I received my PhD from Georgia Tech and I am a professor at Washington University in St. Louis. We have a strong program at WashU in this area (climate change, aerosols,...).  We also have a joint Masters program with IIT-Bombay. I would encourage him to consider. Every student that is admitted into the PhD program receives a graduate research assistantship. The salary is approximately $35K/year and the tuition is fully covered.  I also received my GC under EB1 category. You will need strong academic credentials (high impact publications, high number of citations, recommendations from experts in the field, especially from those that know your work but not you personally, serving as reviewer for journals with high impact factors,...) for this. Hope this helps.

21 minutes ago, bionano said:

I received my PhD from Georgia Tech and I am a professor at Washington University in St. Louis. We have a strong program at WashU in this area (climate change, aerosols,...).  We also have a joint Masters program with IIT-Bombay. I would encourage him to consider. Every student that is admitted into the PhD program receives a graduate research assistantship. The salary is approximately $35K/year and the tuition is fully covered.  I also received my GC under EB1 category. You will need strong academic credentials (high impact publications, high number of citations, recommendations from experts in the field, especially from those that know your work but not you personally, serving as reviewer for journals with high impact factors,...) for this. Hope this helps.

Vammo

legends unnaru Db lo

Archived