Farmers — serious problems

Farmers boys ki assalu pillani evvatam ledhu .,, may be after a decade .,, who will do cultivation ? Not Daring to think .,, 

ee businessman ki support badulu, farmers ki evvavachu kada ? 
price guarantee for the produce , 

technology support and equipment 

minimum income etc ? 

11 minutes ago, V Jagadeesh said:

Farmers boys ki assalu pillani evvatam ledhu .,, may be after a decade .,, who will do cultivation ? Not Daring to think .,, 

minimum income etc ? 

Single crop is major issue now.

Volume of pesticide usage per acre significantly went up by 16% in 6 years and also urea, this is shooting up costs and inturn debt burden.

Pests have also developed immunity to Chemicals, inturn not providing yield benefit or saving crops.

solution is not price but providing crop planning for farmers and subsidising chemicals when there is a major pest attack

2 hours ago, V Jagadeesh said:

ee businessman ki support badulu, farmers ki evvavachu kada

minimum income etc ? 

100% agreed. Kani govts will help only those who provide income, employment,  inclusive party fund ... May be Corporates involve ayyaka... things might change (though increased cost of living)... until then, this will be a political issue for vote which no party would support once in power... Or until some one unify entire agriculture to corporate kinda implementation. 

4 hours ago, V Jagadeesh said:

minimum income etc ? 

Every farmer is going by book ...no one thinks the other way ....Sikkim is the only state where farmers are rich because everyone adopted organic farming there ...it took three years to see some money as per case study but after that they never have to look back .....Subash palekar method has also given yields to people ...know one of my friend who is a successful farmer by subash palekar method it took 3-4 years for him to see money on farming but of course now he is doing a zero budget farming using cows and is very successful....no one can give price guarantee for produce including west ...we need to stop futures trading to give price guarantee....

55 minutes ago, krishna_Bidda said:

Every farmer is going by book ...no one thinks the other way ....Sikkim is the only state where farmers are rich because everyone adopted organic farming there ...it took three years to see some money as per case study but after that they never have to look back .....Subash palekar method has also given yields to people ...know one of my friend who is a successful farmer by subash palekar method it took 3-4 years for him to see money on farming but of course now he is doing a zero budget farming using cows and is very successful....no one can give price guarantee for produce including west ...we need to stop futures trading to give price guarantee....

Why do you think central/state govt is not promoting if it is successful in one state? Politics?

1 hour ago, palanadu said:

Why do you think central/state govt is not promoting if it is successful in one state? Politics?

That will take time and people will be loosing some money initially... because natural farming only yields profits only when land is set ....all this pesticide junk needs some time to set ... people will be upset for initial few years ....govts don't want to take that risk ...

4 hours ago, krishna_Bidda said:

That will take time and people will be loosing some money initially... because natural farming only yields profits only when land is set ....all this pesticide junk needs some time to set ... people will be upset for initial few years ....govts don't want to take that risk ...

Do you have more details and first hand information? If so can you plz dm me?

58 minutes ago, palanadu said:

Do you have more details and first hand information? If so can you plz dm me?

I would ask you to go to Save workshop in Hyderabad and find more information it's run by Vijay Ram and he runs it for free of cost ....and you can do a field visit as well....

Yield from organic farming is not sufficient for the current population demands.  As simple as that.  10s of crores of people will die of hunger if everyone goes to organic farming.  It is good but …

Most of the agriculture that is happening today is not sustainable for a long time ...if you go organic and eat whole grain millets ...1/3 of what we eat compared to rice is enough to survive and infact more nutritious ....so feeding people in the name of pesticide farming is annoying g hoax that is been in circulation by the corporate world ....I have been eating only millets ,brown rice and see a great change in my nutritional profile inspite of being a vegetarian for last few years ....what is gmo corn and soyabean that is cultivated heavily in usa used for ??? Being used for animal agriculture to prepare feed and to extract worst oils and corn syrup....

1 hour ago, krishna_Bidda said:

Most of the agriculture that is happening today is not sustainable for a long time ...if you go organic and eat whole grain millets ...1/3 of what we eat compared to rice is enough to survive and infact more nutritious ....so feeding people in the name of pesticide farming is annoying g hoax that is been in circulation by the corporate world ....I have been eating only millets ,brown rice and see a great change in my nutritional profile inspite of being a vegetarian for last few years ....what is gmo corn and soyabean that is cultivated heavily in usa used for ??? Being used for animal agriculture to prepare feed and to extract worst oils and corn syrup....

Brothers - KB brother is so right about Millets & Brown rice, vouch for that.  :iagree:

Stopped long ago using 'white rice'( except when there is no option- visiting a relative/friend's house etc.). 1/3 quantity is good amount compared to white rice, no crashing of energy also. With millet staples, no need of snacking or no need of energy drinks etc. even for a bit strenuous weight training- including deadlifts, squats, bench presses, calisthenics etc. No need of protein drinks, solid meal with millets can do the job after.

Definitely less carbs consumption with millets (small portion size that can fill), no flab, great sustained time releasing energy. There are new initiatives from govt. side(I guess, do not know details) for Millet's cultivation in India, even in dry lands possible.

But coming to Individual health point of view, no question - if you have not tried bros, try it - will not regret.

1 hour ago, Sr Fan said:

Brothers - KB brother is so right about Millets & Brown rice, vouch for that.  :iagree:

Stopped long ago using 'white rice'( except when there is no option- visiting a relative/friend's house etc.). 1/3 quantity is good amount compared to white rice, no crashing of energy also. With millet staples, no need of snacking or no need of energy drinks etc. even for a bit strenuous weight training- including deadlifts, squats, bench presses, calisthenics etc. No need of protein drinks, solid meal with millets can do the job after.

Definitely less carbs consumption with millets (small portion size that can fill), no flab, great sustained time releasing energy. There are new initiatives from govt. side(I guess, do not know details) for Millet's cultivation in India, even in dry lands possible.

But coming to Individual health point of view, no question - if you have not tried bros, try it - will not regret.

++ and make it 2 meal early lunch and early dinner.. Indian Breakfast is the worst one can have

15 minutes ago, V Jagadeesh said:

I tried and I saw great results .,with millets. Cost is a bit high , but when you compare with health .,, it’s very good. I started eating millets again from 1 month .,, 

Keep going jagadeesh brother :super:

(Use ragi also, not very expensive, fair -relatively. If you can consume the pure ragi mudde( karnataka style prep) all good. Our seema folks use sankati with rice mix. I can use ragi mudde with no addition, or use  ragi sankati but with  my own concoction- instead of rice I use oatmeal  with ragi to make it sankati.....Both are good, great calcium for bone mass sustenance.:paker: . You can use jonna(jowar), sajja(bajra) etc for great recipes too.)

38 minutes ago, Flash said:

++ and make it 2 meal early lunch and early dinner.. Indian Breakfast is the worst one can have

Flash brother :iagree:......skipping bf - previous day dinner to next day lunch with no food, body works so good, no lethargy, sharp focus, mental alacrity....Even food taste better with real pure hunger, and Millet staples make it bit more easy doing two meal a day. 

It all boils down to economics of Input and Output.   Today organic food is priced high (only for above middle class) due to the input costs that go into farming.  Unless Goverments give huge subsidy on Inputs like Seed and Investment , buy from the farmers at MSP to ensure the MRP for end consumers is viable,  this wont fly.   Chicken and egg problem. Needs heavy investment on one side to bring the other side to balance. 

1 hour ago, Sr Fan said:

Flash brother :iagree:......skipping bf - previous day dinner to next day lunch with no food, body works so good, no lethargy, sharp focus, mental alacrity....Even food taste better with real pure hunger, and Millet staples make it bit more easy doing two meal a day. 

Combine good fat along with your plan, will be even more nutritious.. fats like desi cow ghee/ butter, olive oil, goat cheese

two glasses hot water early morning before brushing and same 30mins before bed. Big cure for all stomach and intestine inflammation. My personal experience

Archived