US Guys: New kind of scam

Raaamu

Note: Not related to movies

Hello US Annailu & Tammullu... one type of new scam (May be meeku old yemo)

First Let me go through what happened.

Roommate kavali ani Sulekha lo advertisement pettina one hour lo oka reply from a person. Name acha telugu peru (Taruvata revela chestha). He claimed that he is working for so and so employer and have to travel to places based on customer. He want to occupy my apartment as soon as possible as his engagement with customer is near deadline to start. And requested the full rental details.

Then he framed that his employer might pay a bigger amount than the rent amount which includes his expences for the stay and will send a check to me and requested my trust on this to return the remaining amount to hom. I said fine. As he is currently staying at aonther customer palce, he might be available for calls. He can be reachble on text to phone(later found out that this is google voice) and email.

After two weeks, I have received a check for the amount which is 4x of his rent share. He requested to share the deposit transaction details to make the check clear from his accounting department. I did.

Till here everythign fine.

He reuqested me to deposit the remainng amount in his account as soon as the cash deposited into my account. After an hour, my banker called me and enquired about the check.

How you got the check?

from my future tenent.

How much you are expecting for rent?

around x

But you got a check for 4x.

yes

Do you need to payhim back?

Yes

Don't do that..

I asked what happened?

This check looks like a fake one. we need to have clear validation process before clearing the check. The details about check seems to be weird for this transaction.

Me:If it is anything problem, can you please cancel the transaction.

Bank: We can't do that as this is online trnascation. Once after validation, we might do that. It will take 5 to 7 business days.

Meanwhile this guy is asking me about funds addition. When I enquired him about his travel. He have not given a proper answer.

later I made a call to the number given, not answering. I called the employer mentioned over the check, not answering.

So becareful on these things before trnasfering money. Amount seems to be available in your account balance but they will not availble to withdraw. You might ended up with paying extra money. Naaku vachina person inti peru maa planati tiger chetilo vodipoyina ambothu gadi inti peru.

If My guess is true, he might not even in US. He is just using a google voice number and making the things. Be aware of these kind of scams also.

baadhitulalo meeru kuda vunnara

yeah...nen baddakinchi roommate gadini add veymante vesi vadu check pampisthe acct lo veskuni...vadiki fight tkts book cheytaniki dabbulu kuda aa check lone unnai ante oka 1K USD western  union lo transfer chesadu

idedo scam la undi ani google chesthe same story..names different ani ardam ayindi....final ga andarki oka 1K bokka

Guest Urban Legend

yeah...nen baddakinchi roommate gadini add veymante vesi vadu check pampisthe acct lo veskuni...vadiki fight tkts book cheytaniki dabbulu kuda aa check lone unnai ante oka 1K USD western  union lo transfer chesadu

idedo scam la undi ani google chesthe same story..names different ani ardam ayindi....final ga andarki oka 1K bokka

:comfort:

cyber crime department em vundadha akkada ?

complaint chesara ?

welcome to group annai...

Never never never accept these kind of things ..

I am a marine engineer...

Ekkuva pampista return something ...

Online lo ne wire chesta ...

Big Red marks

ekkuva antey, vadi employer full apartment rent pamputademo, vadi portion half amount kadaa so aa half return iddaam anukunnaa annai. Mana vaalla sanagthi telusu gaa. Konni dabbulu ayinaa migalalani aasapadataru gaa..

Sulekha lo boledu tagultuntaayi ilaanti case lu.. innallu teliyakunda ela unnaru brother

Fraud,Sulekha lo ad anagaane ardhamayipoyindi.. ee case ye ani. Ye unknown person check ichina teesukokandi. ask them for money. 

Exactly same thing happen to Adusumalli(NFDB memeber) one month before,he escaped with narrow almost ready to transfer.

Even they sent original check it seems and their plan to cancel after they got money from him.

He should have posted the this scam info earlier in our group for awareness.

Archived