Suggestion/advice on apartment issues in Bangalore.

zoho

I bought apartment in Bangalore 10 yrs back. It is small apartment complex with 12 apartments. In that, land owner owns 50% apartments. The land owner is giving troubles like not allowing us to sell it or rent it on our own. When our broker takes the interested renters to show the apartment for renting, he is not allowing them in at all. same with selling. As I am in US and my brother is in Chennai, it is getting very difficult to either rent it or sell it. This is happening to most of the apartment owners too. Any suggestion on what can be done?

3 minutes ago, zoho said:

I bought apartment in Bangalore 10 yrs back. It is small apartment complex with 12 apartments. In that, land owner owns 50% apartments. The land owner is giving troubles like not allowing us to sell it or rent it on our own. When our broker takes the interested renters to show the apartment for renting, he is not allowing them in at all. same with selling. As I am in US and my brother is in Chennai, it is getting very difficult to either rent it or sell it. This is happening to most of the apartment owners too. Any suggestion on what can be done?

Which part of Banglore? 

Apartment maa peru meedane vundi. He is doing that  because we are not there in apartment/Bangalore and No one to ask. When we call and ask he just says , I dont allow out side brokers. I will get the renter for you . If we allow the renter that he brings , I fear that it will become more complicated and difficult to deal .

3 minutes ago, zoho said:

Apartment maa peru meedane vundi. He is doing that  because we are not there in apartment/Bangalore and No one to ask. When we call and ask he just says , I dont allow out side brokers. I will get the renter for you . If we allow the renter that he brings , I fear that it will become more complicated and difficult to deal .

@prasad0 uncle help cheyyochu ga :dream:

I heard similar kind of things from few other people. 

Locals kakapothe aadistharu ani vinna bangalore lo and in one case owner lives in UK and rented out his flat to a Malayali, some litigation tho that tenent is not vacating and issue went to court. iddaru local lawyer's ni pettukunnaru and both side lawyers are dragging the case since years and rent is being paid to court. 

ee case lo koda it looks like if you allow that guy to rent out your flat he may get someone from his circle and make it a litigation, I would suggest to try and sell it off on your next visit to India if at all possible for your mental peace

7 hours ago, zoho said:

you tell him its your apartment and you can make any arrangment to let it out and ask him not to interfere in the same . if this continues tell him that then you will have to lodge a complaint with the police . 

if he does the same again after telling the same u can call the police and ask for help officially then he will shut everything and see his business .

It is a tactic he is playing on you to indirectly pressurize and make you sell the property to him again at low cost. he can later bring down the existing apartments, build a new one and sell for more or he want to buy and own it or sell it at high price. I faced the same in a different city.

8 hours ago, zoho said:

Is it A katha or B katha ?

21 hours ago, fan no 1 said:

It is a tactic he is playing on you to indirectly pressurize and make you sell the property to him again at low cost. he can later bring down the existing apartments, build a new one and sell for more or he want to buy and own it or sell it at high price. I faced the same in a different city.

initially he told , he will buy it. He is dragging for last two years to buy.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, prasad0 said:

you tell him its your apartment and you can make any arrangment to let it out and ask him not to interfere in the same . if this continues tell him that then you will have to lodge a complaint with the police . 

if he does the same again after telling the same u can call the police and ask for help officially then he will shut everything and see his business .

I told him that I will give complaint to Police, he doesn't care. He keeps his friends near apartment always so that they wont allow any broker or prospect renter or buyer inside. Thing is either me or my brother are not in Bangalore. So not sure how to initiate the police complaint. may be should hire a lawyer to represent me and give complaint ? 

Archived