#CBI Vs CBI: Alok Verma case in Supreme Court

nvkrishna

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, swarnandhra said:

What central govt can do to CJI? they don't have 2/3 majority in lok sabha/rajya sabha.

Asala Gagoi rakunda starting lo né aapochu, but traditional practice ni disturb cheyatam enthuku le ani they went forward with him.

Impeachment chese udhesam unte name propose chese varu kadhu le.

• 2 weeks later...

Nariman advancing arguments on appointment and transfer of CBI Director. Says transfer of CBI Director should have approval of Selection Committee.

Rajiv Dhawan to CJI "It is unfortunate that last time you said that none of us deserve to be heard".

CJI- "unfortunate it may be, but we will hear you today"

CBI Director's fixed tenure of 2 years is irrespective of superannuation : Nariman

Stripping of charges is equivalent to transfer. This cannot be done without approval of Selection Committee under the DSPE Act :Nariman

Transfer of CBI Director should have sanction of the selection committee

It is not that he cannot be transferred; He can be but it should be with the consent of the Committee, Fali Nariman.

If he was to be transferred, they should have consulted the committee. But they have not transferred him but still divested him of his powers by leave order, Fali Nariman.

What was the purpose of all this, asks Fali Nariman.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:51 PM, Rajakeeyam said:

Gagoi dude cong camp le. Already cong trying to run parallel govt. through him. But central govt. showing maximum restraint so they are a bit confused  ?

Yi criminal mentality unna valla chethilo desam undhi. They don't want to believe in institutions and want to interfere with their functions. Mana karma ra babu...

Justice K M Joseph asks Nariman : Suppose a CBI Chief is caught red handed accepting bribe, should the Committee be approached for taking action against him? Should such a person be permitted to continue even for a minute".

Justice Joseph refers to Article 317(2) of the Constitution which empowers President to suspend UPSC member against whom a reference for removal has been made to SC

Fali Nariman- the correct approach for the govt if something went wrong was to seek consent of the committee. The order divesting Alok Verma cannot stand in the absent of consent of the statutory Committee

Selection committee alone has been entrusted both by Your Lordships and the Parliament to take such an action. Hence, this present order falls foul of rule of law, Dushyant Dave.

For the same reason, appointment of M Nageshwar Rao as interim director should also be set aside, Dushyant Dave concludes.

Selection Committee and appointing authority are different. Centre appoints from the names recommended by the Selection Committee : AG

The appointing authority is the Central government. The power of selection and the final choice for a appointment of Director is made by Union govt, AG KK Venugopal.

So the committee's powers is only upto the selection of group of candidates, the power to appoint then vests with the Central govt. alone, submits AG Venugopal.

5 hours ago, JAYAM_NANI said:

Yi criminal mentality unna valla chethilo desam undhi. They don't want to believe in institutions and want to interfere with their functions. Mana karma ra babu...

CJI Mishra ni accuse chesi impeach cheddam ani try chesina batch mentality gurinchi sermons aa InfantileInformalHoverfly-small.gif

16 minutes ago, Rajakeeyam said:

CJI Mishra ni accuse chesi impeach cheddam ani try chesina batch mentality gurinchi sermons aa InfantileInformalHoverfly-small.gif

Impeaching is a democratic right and is a law too. Impeach chesthe it has to be done through parliament. akkada meeru undara? mi votlu count kava? I don't understand what you said to my comment when i am talking about the criminal mentality of BJP not respecting any law or any institution? Please don't just merely respond to my comments with no good in it.

2 hours ago, JAYAM_NANI said:

Impeaching is a democratic right and is a law too. Impeach chesthe it has to be done through parliament. akkada meeru undara? mi votlu count kava? I don't understand what you said to my comment when i am talking about the criminal mentality of BJP not respecting any law or any institution? Please don't just merely respond to my comments with no good in it.

If BJP guys accuse CJI it’s criminal mentality, if Cong guys accuse CJI it’s democratic process and out of respect for institutions ?

Archived