Lawn Guy ...

minion

The guy who took care of my lawn the past several years (Mexican perhaps, never asked) ... was rounded up in the recent raids ... I know him personally ... hard working guy,  made a life for himself ... employed few others ... and in the process made my lawn look great ... 

Why I'm  talking about all this, you ask? Well, he sent me a bill for some $500 for his honest services throughout the year. Now, I have a choice to ignore it :) ... unlike a REAL obnoxious medical bill from a doc/hospital.  And yet, fiduciary rule infringes on 1st amendment rights to some in this country, including our president. God Bless America.

I was watching 'Inside Job' on Netflix yesterday ... well made, narrated by Matt Damon ... watch it if you're interested (warning: if you're a  typical Trump/republican supporter and watch fox news ...  you aren't going to like it). I hate to associate Trump with Republicans ... he's not one of them by nature ... but, he'll be bulldozed.

Like the end of the movie says ... there are somethings worth fighting for.

Funny thing is ... there are some who call indexing (in a stock market context) a worst form of Marxism ... they call it leeching ... funny :)  ... all I see is some $500+ billion dollars leeching of taxpayer money  by the financial industry. Strange thing is, none of these were ever even charged ... even under Obama ... and the same people are back in power and in control of your finances. 

The guy who took care of my lawn the past several years (Mexican perhaps, never asked) ... was rounded up in the recent raids ... I know him personally ... hard working guy, made a life for himself ... employed few others ... and in the process made my lawn look great ...

Why I'm talking about all this, you ask? Well, he sent me a bill for some $500 for his honest services throughout the year. Now, I have a choice to ignore it :) ... unlike a REAL obnoxious medical bill from a doc/hospital. And yet, fiduciary rule infringes on 1st amendment rights to some in this country, including our president. God Bless America.

I was watching 'Inside Job' on Netflix yesterday ... well made, narrated by Matt Damon ... watch it if you're interested (warning: if you're a typical Trump/republican supporter and watch fox news ... you aren't going to like it). I hate to associate Trump with Republicans ... he's not one of them by nature ... but, he'll be bulldozed.

Like the end of the movie says ... there are somethings worth fighting for.

Funny thing is ... there are some who call indexing (in a stock market context) a worse form of Marxism ... they call it leeching ... funny :) ... all I see is some $500+ billion dollars leeching of taxpayer money by the financial industry. Strange thing is, none of these were ever even charged ... even under Obama ... and the same people are back in power of your finances.

Most of the desi brothers dont realise this untill its too late....I hope you got the message....If you want to standup come join us at

telegram.immigrationvoice.org

very soon the distinction between a lawn guy and a h1b would be gone.

In India many of the apartment's security guards are Nepalis. I tried putting local guy one but other committee members didn't agree. They said, plenty of opportunities available for local guys so, if we scold or if we ask to do extra activities, they may leave, but Nepalis will do with out asking questions.

I called it as modern form of slavery.

This is not end of the story. Most of these will get proper identity (Aadhar card, ration card) with the help of apartment association. Once they get proper identities, they demand more salary. Suddenly he goes to home town and they may put another nepali as in charge until he returns, but you can see him working in another apartment.

My observations

1) they will not work for less salary as we think

2) they will not keep quite if you scolded whenever they didn't do work properly ...similar to locals

3) they quickly learns whom they need to give respect and whom they no need to care ... Similar to locals

4) they spread gossips roumours similar to local

5) they don't speak local language...since majority of the committee members are from north, they prefer non locals( who knows hindhi)

My observation is its just perception that they are good compared to locals in reality not

nee yenka natu Lawn<< Indian/NRIs/Non Americans >> Nepalis tho oka sambodhana pradhama vibhakthi raasavuga

orini..... Rasthunnappudu workers gurinchi raddamanukoni rasaasaaaaa... But nvvannaka Malla nenu raasindhi chaduvukunteee....exact gaa co relate ayyinatlu anipisthadhi ....nannu ippudu sava thenkutaaaru

In India many of the apartment's security guards are Nepalis. I tried putting local guy one but other committee members didn't agree. They said, plenty of opportunities available for local guys so, if we scold or if we ask to do extra activities, they may leave, but Nepalis will do with out asking questions.

This is not end of the story. Most of these will get proper identity (Aadhar card, ration card) with the help of apartment association. Once they get proper identities, they demand more salary. Suddenly he goes to home town and they may put another nepali as in charge until he returns, but you can see him working in another apartment.

My observations

2) they will not keep quite if you scolded whenever they didn't do work properly ...similar to locals

3) they quickly learns whom they need to give respect and whom they no need to care ... Similar to locals

5) they don't speak local language...since majority of the committee members are from north, they prefer non locals( who knows hindhi)

My observation is its just perception that they are good compared to locals in reality not

Replace Gurkha with a h1b and owners with american companies....you have the h1b and green card backlog problems....its funny that people in india can see this but NRIs can't realise this....may be they don't want to get out of the invincibility dream or 'I am special/more qualified' than the average american professional.

My observations

You are speaking about GOOD in a non-local while Minion is speaking about the amount of money that is being evaded from taxing from an illegal migrant. Having your home secure and also spending money for the guard are too different things. Most of Indian appartments want a single person who should guard them through the day (24 hours) and also do other works for the apparment like releasing water, dispatching the received posts etc. 

You should have told them about our Andhra people who migrate for apartment jobs (hope they can be considered as non-locals in Bangalore). I think Good is traditionally seen as absence of Violence, though this is debatable. However, some races are known for violence and rudeness as against others.

My observations

Why would anyone scold anyone and expect other person to take it? Ghurka ayina cleaning lady ayina nacchaka pothe teeseyyatame ... thittalsina avasaram ledu.

Not sure how many Nepalese are there in India or how many of them are involved in criminal activities ... but, I think bigger problem in India is the illegal migration from BD. These guys just don't have the right mindset to be in the free world.

It's one thing to come looking for a better life ... its entirely different perspective looking for ways to leech on the host society ... and even more disturbing, some become outright dangerous. We have some of those here too. I'm hoping Trump's rhetoric would weed out some of these unwanted elements.

while Minion is speaking about the amount of money that is being evaded from taxing from an illegal migrant. 

I'm not sure I understand what you implied of my post ... but no, I was not 'speaking about the amount of money that is being evaded from taxing from an illegal migrant' ... 

dream or 'I am special/more qualified' than the average american professional.

idi maamulga ledule indians lo ... they forget one thing, these are the systems built by Americans ... all of them.

there are two parts ... research (and innovation) and production ... when the production time came, companies chose cheaper labor ... don't take it for granted, someone from bd with a 3 month course could replace your job.

idi maamulga ledule indians lo ... they forget one thing, these are the systems built by Americans ... all of them.

there are two parts ... research (and innovation) and production ... when the production time came, companies chose cheaper labor ... don't take it for granted, someone from bd with a 3 month course could replace your job.

Why would anyone scold anyone and expect other person to take it? Ghurka ayina cleaning lady ayina nacchaka pothe teeseyyatame ... thittalsina avasaram ledu.

Not sure how many Nepalese are there in India or how many of them are involved in criminal activities ... but, I think bigger problem in India is the illegal migration from BD. These guys just don't have the right mindset to be in the free world.

It's one thing to come looking for a better life ... its entirely different perspective looking for ways to leech on the host society ... and even more disturbing, some become outright dangerous. We have some of those here too. I'm hoping Trump's rhetoric would weed out some of these unwanted elements.

Some Indians see Bangladeshi's as illegal migrants. This is what is happening with some Americans too. They too are seeing some races as illegal migrants. 

Most of the desi brothers dont realise this untill its too late....I hope you got the message....If you want to standup come join us at

telegram.immigrationvoice.org

very soon the distinction between a lawn guy and a h1b would be gone.

There's always distinction between legal and illegal...as legal we have full support of laws...just stay away from illegal and live by rules you will be fine...

What is this leeching of 500billion by finance industry? Do you mean execs of corporate companies?

part of the amount of taxpayer money that took to bail out these sick financial/investment/insurance banks back in 2008/2009.

I was in favor of letting them go down hard. It would have caused some damage ... they already did that damage anyway.

watch the movie I talked about earlier (Inside Job ... on Netflix).

GM and others in the auto industry took some bailout too ... they paid back with interest ... how it was represented with Goldman Sachs, AIG, fannie/freddie mac ... scares the shiit out of me ...

Probably time to shove the money under your mattress or hide in the backyard.

minion bro..monna ekkado chadiva as you are saying NRIs based in US cannot invest in india ani...but i found out that you can invest in some mutual funds and also in equity shares. only requirement for you is to complete KRA document in person at any CAMS office in your town(google CAMSKRA). After this done, you can do rest of the process online. Very easy. just FYI... :shakehands:

minion bro..monna ekkado chadiva as you are saying NRIs based in US cannot invest in india ani...but i found out that you can invest in some mutual funds and also in equity shares. only requirement for you is to complete KRA document in person at any CAMS office in your town(google CAMSKRA). After this done, you can do rest of the process online. Very easy. just FYI... :shakehands:

is it KYC or KRA brother

Thanks brother, will look into CAMSKRA  :shakehands:

I was interested in equity mutual funds or balanced funds (equity/bonds). I knew individual stocks are allowed, but for some reason most mutual funds were restricted to us/canada based nris. May be that changed now. Will look into it further. Thanks for the info.

Archived