Those in USA

AnnaGaru

https://www.familytreenow.com/

This crap made your information public including addresses as well as parent and sibling details

They have opt out process. I thought initially opt out is much more worse but has no option as it already has all our details)

So not sure but finally signed for opt out.

https://www.familytreenow.com/optout

Opt Out of Records

If you would like to optout of living people and other records please follow the below procedure exactly. Please read through all steps before starting.

Step 1: After you click the 'begin' button below, you will be taken to the search page. Run a search for yourself.

Step 2: After you have found yourself in the results, click on the record detail. Verify that this is yourself and not just someone else with your same name.

Step 3: After you are 100% sure this is your record, click the big red 'Opt Out' button that is on the page.(use CTRL+F to find opt out link)

Step 4: You are done. Please allow up to 48 hours for your request to be processed. Once it's processed that record will be removed from all places on the site. Note: If you have multiple records that need to be removed, repeat steps 1-4.

Note: If you found your record via a search engine, go back to the exact record, then copy the URL from your browser address bar and submit it on our contact us page here.

It did work brother. I opted out for few other friends too. But malli vadu data pettadu ante emi cheyalemu anuko.

Thanks brother. they may take it off from their site but most likely will keep all the info and sell that. any way, taking it off from public display itself is useful and worth the effort.

Govt evadi matta gudusthundhi ila records public chesthunte ? this country is effed up.... I won't be surprised, if tomorrow someone lists what tissue paper I use to wipe bottom and how frequently I urinate based on the quantity of paper I buy through the credit cards....

Good post brother  :shakehands:

Its hard to protect personal data though ... so many sleazy sites. Best you can hope for is to protect yourself against identity theft ... its a pita to deal with.

Credit freeze helps. Its a bit inconvenient when you need to use the credit, but worth the effort, imo.

Check this site:

http://www.clarkhoward.com/credit-freeze-and-thaw-guide

Govt evadi matta gudusthundhi ila records public chesthunte ? this country is effed up.... I won't be surprised, if tomorrow someone lists what tissue paper I use to wipe bottom and how frequently I urinate based on the quantity of paper I buy through the credit cards....

situation ela vundhi ante, businesses janam kosam kaadhu... janam businesses kosam.. so businesses kosam govts emi cheyyatani ki anna ready ga vunnayyi

Archived