India vs England, 2nd Test at Seemandhraaa Vizaggg

NTRYoungTiger

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pujara: "Really happy with the way I started off this series. Hundred at Rajkot was special to me. Want to maintain the form. We needed to build a partnership after losing a couple of early wickets. And the way Virat batted, we were able to build a partnership. We rotated the strike and he was timing the ball very well. I was confident because I had a hundred in my last game. We thought of scoring 10-20 runs at a time and then take it forward. It was there [miscommunication in running between the wickets] but we spoke about it during lunch, and it was much better in the second session. You sometimes need to rotate strike and take singles. It happens. This wicket is slightly on the slower side but I see more rough on both the sides of the pitch. So more help for offspinners as the game progresses and hopefully more cracks later at the end of day two. The way we are placed, anything around 500 will be a good total. But we want to bat on. Virat has batted well, and Ashwin has just gone in. Hopefully we don't bat again."

Excellent day for India. But my concern is the form of Rahane. We need his contributions more towards winning a series. The last century was in a winning cause but by then the series was already won....May be too skeptical of Rahane but that is because of the talent he has.

People born in 90s would relentlessly want to see Tendulkar in Kohli, Dravid in Pujara and VVS in Rahane! Let us allow players to maintain their individuality! Let us have our own individuality by seeing things as they are!

90 overs.......Just 3 extras.........Credit to the bowling of England!!!!!

6 Instances of Virat Kohli going past 140, in his last seven Test hundreds: his scores read 141, 169, 147, 103, 200, 211, and 151 not out. He didn't pass 120 in any of first seven Test hundreds - his highest was 119.

67 Innings taken by Cheteshwar Pujara to complete 3000 Test runs. He joins Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid as the fifth-fastest Indian to reach this mark. Murali Vijay also reached 3000 runs in Visakhapatnam, in his 75th innings. Among India batsmen, Virender Sehwag is the fastest to reach this mark - he took only 55 innings.

2002 The last instance of a century stand for the third wicket by India against England. Dravid and Tendulkar added 150 in Headingley.

22-2 The lowest team score from which India have had a 200-plus partnership in Tests. Kohli and Pujara added 226 in this match. Last year, against Sri Lanka in Galle, Shikar Dhawan and Kohli added 226, after coming together at 28 for 2.

2007 The last time India's Nos. 3 and 4 both scored centuries in the first innings of a Test match for India. Tendulkar and Dravid made hundreds against Bangladesh in Dhaka.

6 Number of cricketers from India who have scored a century in their 50th Test match. Kohli joined Sunil Gavaskar, VVS Laxman, Gundappa Vishwanath, Polly Umrigar and Kapil Dev in doing so.

7 Number of left-hand batsmen that England have in their playing XI. This is the first instance of any team playing more than six left-hand batsmen against India in a Test.

19 Consecutive matches under Kohli's captaincy where India have not fielded the same XI. India made two changes in Visakhapatnam, with Jayant Yadav coming in for Amit Mishra and KL Rahul replaced Gautam Gambhir.

8 Number of India cricketers to make their international debut at the same ground in two formats. Jayant made his Test debut in Visakhapatnam a month after his ODI debut against New Zealand at the same venue.

Archived