SenSexY!! 30000 @ 2015 (2000 x15)

3mar

As on today, it is trading at a P/E of 20.3.

Definitely, above the average Sensex P/E of 16-17. But, a normal P/E for a Bull market.

If this bull market lasts, it is a normal thing. Otherwise, big problem.

Stock specific focus is more important than looking at Index - good for any serious investor.

As on today, it is trading at a P/E of 20.3.

Definitely, above the average Sensex P/E of 16-17. But, a normal P/E for a Bull market.

If this bull market lasts, it is a normal thing. Otherwise, big problem.

Stock specific focus is more important than looking at Index - good for any serious investor.

this bull run will not stay bhayya... nifty poised to go back to 8100, 8000 sooner.. probably in another month or so.

this bull run will not stay bhayya... nifty poised to go back to 8100, 8000 sooner.. probably in another month or so.

Akhil, you are talking with a trader mindset. I am an investor.

Please note down the current prices of eveready and ricoh (my top 2 stocks)- we can talk after next 1 year and 2 year, 3 years.

No one will ever become a great investor if he blindly follows index. Focus on companies.

You should not forget that I am talking about a stock that rose from 15-250 in 15 months - still I am betting.

Same with ricoh - i am talking about a stock that rose by 100% in last 1 month - still i am betting

It may look like an ARROGANT betting. But, that is my humble respect for those companies.

There are several such companies. I can even bet on another favourite tata elxsi - but unable to understand its mad rise for last days. But, that is my stock for next 10 years.

i do not comment on daily/weekly/monthly movements.

Akhil, you are talking with a trader mindset. I am an investor.

Please note down the current prices of eveready and ricoh (my top 2 stocks)- we can talk after next 1 year and 2 year, 3 years.

No one will ever become a great investor if he blindly follows index. Focus on companies.

You should not forget that I am talking about a stock that rose from 15-250 in 15 months - still I am betting.

Same with ricoh - i am talking about a stock that rose by 100% in last 1 month - still i am betting

It may look like an ARROGANT betting. But, that is my humble respect for those companies.

There are several such companies. I can even bet on another favourite tata elxsi - but unable to understand its mad rise for last days. But, that is my stock for next 10 years.

i do not comment on daily/weekly/monthly movements.

yeah.. u know right bhayya.. i am completely a trader and in that i scalp fast occasionally... from a trader's perspective, it is time for short i guess. PSU banks are going to pull the index down for a while.. But i agree with you with everything said above and on stock specific observatiosn of yours. Another good stock on your lines is SKS Micro also...

yeah.. u know right bhayya.. i am completely a trader and in that i scalp fast occasionally... from a trader's perspective, it is time for short i guess. PSU banks are going to pull the index down for a while.. But i agree with you with everything said above and on stock specific observatiosn of yours. Another good stock on your lines is SKS Micro also...

No brother. I stay away from complicated business models like SKS micro. It is better to stick to simple and easy to understand businesses.

@nvkrishna,  My calcs are simple bhayya... i find a trend, confirm it and go for options on index...  for ex, yesterday when i posted to short the index, 8900 puts were at 43 rupees and today at 94 rupees (as of now).... i know its a risk too, but still at this point of time i cannot park so much in stocks and wait for a long time.... it comes later i guess.

nenu nee laaga investor eppudu avuthaano :blink:  :blink:

Akhil, you are missing a wonderful journey of intellectual pursuit. it is not about making money. Once you feel that happy feeling, you will look at stocks and companies differently. You may make more money through trading but you are missing that joy of finding a great company.

I am hoping that you will join us (investors) soon. Welcome.

Akhil, you are missing a wonderful journey of intellectual pursuit. it is not about making money. Once you feel that happy feeling, you will look at stocks and companies differently. You may make more money through trading but you are missing that joy of finding a great company.

I am hoping that you will join us (investors) soon. Welcome.

ya ya.. i know what you are talking about bhayya.. i do a lot of fundamental analysis too.. infact, it is my forte. But mine is a startup company you see. less than an year old kid my firm is.. :D :D There is no way to park huge money as of now.. may be in a couple of years i will join you.. :D :D :D :D ... mee margadarsakatvam lo memu nadustaam.. :D

@nvkrishna,  My calcs are simple bhayya... i find a trend, confirm it and go for options on index...  for ex, yesterday when i posted to short the index, 8900 puts were at 43 rupees and today at 94 rupees (as of now).... i know its a risk too, but still at this point of time i cannot park so much in stocks and wait for a long time.... it comes later i guess.

Akhil, my sister (16 YEAR OLD pinni koothuru) asked me to buy some companies with her fund of 16,000 rupees. I said what will you earn from such a small investment. She was influenced by Warren Buffett books. Finally, invested in her mother name.

Now, it is around 80,000 - may not be big money - but started the journey. Just imagine where will she after 10-15 years with that experience.

ya ya.. i know what you are talking about bhayya.. i do a lot of fundamental analysis too.. infact, it is my forte. But mine is a startup company you see. less than an year old kid my firm is..  :D :D There is no way to park huge money as of now.. may be in a couple of years i will join you.. :D :D :D :D ... mee margadarsakatvam lo memu nadustaam.. :D

Idendi ila attack chesthunnavu.. amayakudini.

Archived