First US presidential debate

raavikp

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

annai i support green tech annai and i want a revolutionary invention with which we can say good bye to oil....waiting for that day....ee 90 billions tho atuvantidhi emanna vasthey appudu trillions lo returns vasthaayi gaa

US has always been 2-3 years from developing an alternative source of energy but then vested interests stop them from doing so, after all the first car was an elecetric car and that is what Ford used to manufacure in the begining but then the avaliability of oil changed everything as oil was cheaper..today the gulf nations and Saudi Arabia in particular make sure that US is supplied with oil so that laternate energies are kept at bay....it is a matter of couple of years for the oil producing countries to collapse if an alternative energy is developed, to ensure their saftey, gulf countries started industrializing their nations and also started investing in the west. Today US is caught in a vicious circle from which it cannot entagle itself as any deviation will lead to unrest in the gulf where terrorists/fundamentalist muslims will gain upper hand as was demonstarted recently due to the controversial film [if it can be called that] and US ambassador lost his life in Libya..which will become daily occurances.

US has enough gas in its own backyard but is held back from exploiting and the vested interests also blocked the oil pipeline from Canada which would have supplied more gas to US then the entire gulf put together...again the handiwork of Republicans whose leaders have major stakes in oil companies..Bush in Shell to quote an example...

So, it is anybody's guess when an alternative source of energy is developed.

My personal opinion is that countries like India, Japan and other Europen nations can pool in resources to develop alternative energy...who has the political will?

annai i support green tech annai and i want a revolutionary invention with which we can say good bye to oil....waiting for that day....ee 90 billions tho atuvantidhi emanna vasthey appudu trillions lo returns vasthaayi gaa

Market situation prakaaram kuuda vellali Sampath bro....Obama totally financed those guys totally out of ideology not on business merit......He never signed a check for an employee until he gets to the Whitehouse.....It might sound cliche, but it is true....Ofcourse they contributed to his campaigns......One has to run atleast a 'killi kottu' to understand doing business.......These empty talk professors with out any consequence, i am telling you hogwash......sounds good for students and impractical people or might attract perpetual victim mentalities...... It is totally a different mindset, once you start your practice and run, you will understand the other side of the coin.......It is tough to give real dimension in vocabulary.......

US has always been 2-3 years from developing an alternative source of energy but then vested interests stop them from doing so, after all the first car was an elecetric car and that is what Ford used to manufacure in the begining but then the avaliability of oil changed everything as oil was cheaper..today the gulf nations and Saudi Arabia in particular make sure that US is supplied with oil so that laternate energies are kept at bay....it is a matter of couple of years for the oil producing countries to collapse if an alternative energy is developed, to ensure their saftey, gulf countries started industrializing their nations and also started investing in the west. Today US is caught in a vicious circle from which it cannot entagle itself as any deviation will lead to unrest in the gulf where terrorists/fundamentalist muslims will gain upper hand as was demonstarted recently due to the controversial film [if it can be called that] and US ambassador lost his life in Libya..which will become daily occurances.

US has enough gas in its own backyard but is held back from exploiting and the vested interests also blocked the oil pipeline from Canada which would have supplied more gas to US then the entire gulf put together...again the handiwork of Republicans whose leaders have major stakes in oil companies..Bush in Shell to quote an example...

So, it is anybody's guess when an alternative source of energy is developed.

My personal opinion is that countries like India, Japan and other Europen nations can pool in resources to develop alternative energy...who has the political will?

lets nuke the middle east and remove them...they live in medieval mindset :P

Every reasonable American is for Keystone pipe line.... including many reasonable democrats.....

Only current occupant of WH who is captivated by this far left group who fund him......obstructing Keystone pipe line which comes from Canada and end in Galveston tx......

Texas governor has been pleading Obama admin.....with no success.. with a Letter evey month.....Obama is a very liberal ideologue, not a pragmatist like Clinton......Very antithesis to the Capitalistic, Entrepreneurial ways of American systems that made them produce one quarter of the World products in most of the fields.......One would not get by seeing real Obama from cable outlets.....

To understand NTR .....you have to understand his core beliefs, his values....sort of....

I am not going through your earlier post as it is repetitive and as for Bob Woodward, from when has an inestigative journalist's opinion considered a solution to the economic problems? is he more knowledgeable than "Paul Krugman"? or any other economist?

As for the success of Clinton, it all depends upon what kind of a person you are dealing with...if you consider Obama a faliure in his bipartisan role then what about the Simpson-Bowles plan which was bipatrisan and considered to be the best under the scenario by almost all the economic pundits and which was vetoed by the Republicans...due you blame Obama even for this?

brother... Bob Woodward is not economist but he knows how Washington works. He wrote in his book how President failed to provide leadership during debt ceiling talks. He explained in detail how Presidents in the past dealt with hostile Congress to get things done.

Obama appointed Simpson-Bowles commission but he himself is not prepared to accept their recommendations. Unless President takes leadership and shows cuts to deficit, there is nothing Congress can do. Republicans in the House passed a plan (Paul Ryan's) but Senate & President don't have any plan. Obama neither endorsed Simpson-Bowles plan or proposed an alternate plan.

Check Keystone pipe line....why it is getting stopped? It is due to the fears of extreme impractical environmentalists.....

You know how many pipe lines right now are flowing through US....It is even more thicker jig jag lines across the map of US than a day Airline Control map of US right now....

How many people are dying?

With or without Key stone pipe line, millions of lines flow through the land right now whether you are in Michigan or Texas or Utah or Alaska or Virginia or Florida or Arizona......Keystone pipe line is miniscule compare to the underground flow lines right now......

Think....it is common sense..... Vanta gadhi muriki avuthundhi ani vanta maaneshaama......Assalu vanta cheyyakapothe, naa kitchen super clean......It goes like that....Defies Market realities, practical considerations, Jobs.......Only ideology and the Administration favorable to the Nerdy Groups who fund them ......

Got the picture....

brother... Bob Woodward is not economist but he knows how Washington works. He wrote in his book how President failed to provide leadership during debt ceiling talks. He explained in detail how Presidents in the past dealt with hostile Congress to get things done.

Obama appointed Simpson-Bowles commission but he himself is not prepared to accept their recommendations. Unless President takes leadership and shows cuts to deficit, there is nothing Congress can do. Republicans in the House passed a plan (Paul Ryan's) but Senate & President don't have any plan. Obama neither endorsed Simpson-Bowles plan or proposed an alternate plan.

Arvind,

I do know that Bob is not an economist, that is why I mentioned that he is an investigative journalist and as for your comment on Obama-Simpson/Bowles...I think you got the wrong info.

Also, let me caution you that just as in India, here too in US you have biased media....Fox supports republicans, ABC supports Democrats, NBC this year is pro Democrat..take the case of "Forbes Magazine" chief editor "Steve Forbes" the chief editor, he goes over the line while supporting Romney and goes as far as to mention that Romney should do this and that as though Romney is a sure shot winner...we have to not only live with the likes of Woodwards' and "Forbes..but tke it with a pinch of salt....the latter twice a nominee for US.President on behalf of Republicans!!

Bod Woodward is one of the True last generation of Investigative Journalist still in Washington DC.......He was the one that exposed Nixon in early '70s to the public as young journalist ........Think about current Journalists.....they are all lap dogs.....chollu kaarustha vuntaaru.......Useless folks.....Totally corrupted.....

To tell about BodWoodward....he used toget inside tips from Nixon administation from one key official......His word to that official is not to disclose his name until he dies.....This happened in 1974......Only after he died Bob woodward revealed his source name(ex FBI assoc.director)......for about 3 decades, he waited and kept his word ....the code name 'deep throat' is the speculation for so many books.....so many offers for Bob Woodward to reveal the name.......NO....

When Bob Woodward speaks.....people listen...he has Integrity......

When Bob Woodward speaks....every President since Nixon fears.....because of the Integrity he carried from the early '70s.....Dont get confused with Forbes who is a republican primary contender....Those who follow slightest of American politics, does not have to be Political Junki.......There was no secret...He was the advocate for one flat tax for everybody.......he is a conservative businessman.....

Arvind,

I do know that Bob is not an economist, that is why I mentioned that he is an investigative journalist and as for your comment on Obama-Simpson/Bowles...I think you got the wrong info.

Also, let me caution you that just as in India, here too in US you have biased media....Fox supports republicans, ABC supports Democrats, NBC this year is pro Democrat..take the case of "Forbes Magazine" chief editor "Steve Forbes" the chief editor, he goes over the line while supporting Romney and goes as far as to mention that Romney should do this and that as though Romney is a sure shot winner...we have to not only live with the likes of Woodwards' and "Forbes..but tke it with a pinch of salt....the latter twice a nominee for US.President on behalf of Republicans!!

I have mentioned Woodward because he is not partisan. I don't mention anyone fron CNN/Fox/MSNBC etc. I don't go by media reports too. I look at facts i.e. high unemployment, uncontrolled government spending, projections of unsustainability of entitlement programs. As per my understanding, the only way to fix them is bring taxes for everyone down & regulations to stimulate job growth so that more people pay taxes & take measures to make the entitlements sustainable in long run. This will help govt not to keep printing money or borrow debt from enemies to fund out of control spending/entitlements. Looking at two candidates, I believe Romney has better chance of getting them done.

asala American Politics gurinchi naaku ABCD kooda telvadhu...Republican party ante endhi...Democrats ante endho kooda telvadh....how to learn about US politics..?2ptazqc.gif

bro... it is long story but I am sure u can catch it quick. If I were in ur place, I will start with US Presidential Elections in Wikipedia to understand about elections & then read about democratic party, republican party, which will give u core party platforms. Then, I will read about US Congress (House & Senate). Most difficult thing is to put what happened in last 4 years into context of elections. It will take some time but u can catch up by election time (Nov 4 i guess)

You can also take a backward route :) - watch first debate, make notes on key issues which this debate covered, look up party positions on these issues & then read about elections (electoral college), House & Senate.

bro... it is long story but I am sure u can catch it quick. If I were in ur place, I will start with US Presidential Elections in Wikipedia to understand about elections & then read about democratic party, republican party, which will give u core party platforms. Then, I will read about US Congress (House & Senate). Most difficult thing is to put what happened in last 4 years into context of elections. It will take some time but u can catch up by election time (Nov 4 i guess)

You can also take a backward route :) - watch first debate, make notes on key issues which this debate covered, look up party positions on these issues & then read about elections (electoral college), House & Senate.

Thanks Arvind brother.....I want to watch the Debate...can you please post those videos here..?

ikapothe US President ga evaru elect aiythe...India ki manchidhi.....? If so...why?...meeku telisinantha lo cheppandi brother....

asala American Politics gurinchi naaku ABCD kooda telvadhu...Republican party ante endhi...Democrats ante endho kooda telvadh....how to learn about US politics..?2ptazqc.gif

Kota.gifAla ayethe you have to start from scratch SRK ji... go to LIBRARY OF CONGRESS.. "Declaration of Independence" nunchi ani Archives and Preservation vuntaye akada.. Eka kummukondi bemmi-3.gif

Kota.gifAla ayethe you have to start from scratch SRK ji... go to LIBRARY OF CONGRESS.. "Declaration of Independence" nunchi ani Archives and Preservation vuntaye akada.. Eka kummukondi

antha detailed study seyyali ante adhi naa Phd poorthayyina taruvathe saadhyam Devbhakt ji..bemmi-3.gif

Thanks Arvind brother.....I want to watch the Debate...can you please post those videos here..?

ikapothe US President ga evaru elect aiythe...India ki manchidhi.....? If so...why?...meeku telisinantha lo cheppandi brother....

Bro, I think Romney will be better for India. Republicans are usually pro-trade, pro-business. They are not anti-outsourcing like democrats who are funded by unions that oppose outsourcing. Trade with US and more flexible outsourcing will be good for creating jobs in India. Republicans are more hawkish/tougher on defense, national security & terrorism. India will benefit as Romney will be tougher on Pakistan & China. Republicans are also socially conservative (against gay marriage and for strong family values) and encourage legal immigration. They look at legal immigration as source of tax revenue and job creation. .

Bro, I think Romney will be better for India. Republicans are usually pro-trade, pro-business. They are not anti-outsourcing like democrats who are funded by unions that oppose outsourcing. Trade with US and more flexible outsourcing will be good for creating jobs in India. Republicans are more hawkish/tougher on defense, national security & terrorism. India will benefit as Romney will be tougher on Pakistan & China. Republicans are also socially conservative (against gay marriage and for strong family values) and encourage legal immigration. They look at legal immigration as source of tax revenue and job creation. .

Thank you for your views brother...

intfella.gif

Archived