First US presidential debate

raavikp

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post.

When are we going to have these kinds of debates among primary contenders in Indian elections? We copy so many things from American culture ... yet we ignore the most important things. These debates are, IMO, are very important part of the democratic process. Just watch these guys talk on live TV explaining their point of view ... moderated by some agreeable third party journalist (with some journalistic integrity) ... may be like Lehrer.

Right at the moment, they are talking about the important aspect ... healthcare.

My son just told me ... one of (among butt load of others) his assignments for next week is ... to watch this debate in full and write about it. Interesting ... I just stuck him in front of TV. Ofcourse, he has some very basic questions like 'why am I watching this? What the hell is healthcare? what are they talking about?' ... etc. But I say, good way to introduce young minds to the reality.

PS: I just wish Romney would own to his own healthcare policy in Mass. What he did as gov of Mass was good in terms of healthcare. I don't understand why he wants to dispute his own policies and call it 'obamacare' in a derogative manner. Stand up to your decisions governor ... somethings you did as gov were good. Take credit for them.

it's clear that gov. romney took a clear edge over the president in the first of the four debates.

apart from the policy issues, basically the way the debate went on is real fascinating.

the compsure they both showed from start to end.... only 2 rivals contesting for the highest chair in this world (no offense), standing infront of a crowd to talk and debate face to face for 2 hrs... it's amazing

it's clear that gov. romney took a clear edge over the president in the first of the four debates.

I'm sure butt load of media analysis is coning on this ... but I have different opinion on this.

apart from the policy issues, basically the way the debate went on is real fascinating.

the compsure they both showed from start to end.... only 2 rivals contesting for the highest chair in this world (no offense), standing infront of a crowd to talk and debate face to face for 2 hrs... it's amazing

I agree. Fascinating process.

Romney stole the show.....Gobbamma 7_0.gif?1290195527

I didn't think so doc ... you're not talking about 250K thing are you?

Creativity in this country has never been associated with how well rich did. In fact that's the beacon to the world. Its time to learn trickle down doesn't work.

Just to give an example ... Oppenheimer was once considered a commie.

Most people like me don't believe in Communism ... but, there is a balance ... we are sorely missing.

I'm sure butt load of media analysis is coning on this ... but I have different opinion on this.

I agree. Fascinating process.

my take is just based on the on stage performance and romney charmed... i have very minimal knowledge on the policies anna...

basically Obama is the president and he is working for the elections as well for the office, whereas the romney's only focus is getting into obama boots...

so may be it's obvious that he'll take an edge...

policies parmaga who is what anedi koncham peddalu (orion, chsrk) lanti vallu should through some light

Creativity in this country has never been associated with how well rich did. In fact that's the beacon to the world. Its time to learn trickle down doesn't work.

Most people like me don't believe in Communism ... but, there is a balance ... we are sorely missing.

emo annai i found Romney aggressive and he was countering Obama left and right and i felt obama was on defense

different perspective... koncham detailed ga chepandi anna... asalu ee "trickle down" antey enti...

basic gaa trickle down antay....company ceo ki tax break isthey aadu aa vachina money ni malla market lo edthaadu,so money will trickle down to the common man ani....but that does not work 7_0.gif?1290195527

Exactly! it never worked ... and never will.

mari provider costs tagistha antunnadu kada annai...

primary care providers paristhithi enti....

being a provider, what's ur perspective...(not ur personal opinion)

i do not know the in and outs of the bill,but rough gaa i felt it is a better deal

emo annai i found Romney aggressive and he was countering Obama left and right and i felt obama was on defense

there is this thought among some Republicans (not conservatives) ... that if you cater to the needs of the rich by lowering their taxes ... they will eventually be 'good hearted and pitiful to the rest' to invest in the community and help the local economy.

I lived long enough in a commercial environment ... it just doesn't work that way.

there is this thought among some Republicans (not conservatives) ... that if you cater to the needs of the rich by lowering their taxes ... they will eventually be 'good hearted and pitiful to the rest' to invest in the community and help the local economy.

I lived long enough in a commercial environment ... it just doesn't work that way.

But Romney clearly said that tax breaks to the rich is out of question.....he will not cut any taxes that will rise the deficit....thats what he was saying....but its hard to believe him.....

What basically a man from a business background do to the rich in American democracy? If not tax cuts, something else is cooking over there for them. It's pure election stunt before 5 weeks trying to woo the middle class.

Do not undermine Romney's achievements....He was a very good governor.....

But Romney clearly said that tax breaks to the rich is out of question.....he will not cut any taxes that will rise the deficit....thats what he was saying....but its hard to believe him.....

You know, as the gov of Mass ... he made some revolutionary changes, especially regarding healthcare. Talk to anyone (with reasonable mindset) from Mass and see what they say about the Univ healthcare he put in place. What bummed me out about Romney is ... he is trying so hard to disown his own legacy ... which was good. Too bad.

Archived