41st match - KKR v Rising Pune Supergiant

NTRYoungTiger

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gautam Gambhir: Obviously, it is a long tournament and these things will happen (on Uthappa's injury). But it was an opportunity for some of the other guys to try and show what they have got. That's how we look at these things. We thought Robin had a niggle and we did not want to take a chance with three more games and play-offs to go. Till the time you are not there in the play offs, you are not there in the play offs. Obviously, wherever you are in the table it does not really matter. We played some decent bit of cricket today. Taking the game to the last over was a good effort. But I still think it was not a 150 wicket, we should have got 180. 150-155 always makes it a 50-50 game. One big innings like Tripathi and that takes the game away from you. Trying to be positive and trying to be sensible as well should have helped us get a good score here. We played a lot of dot balls, especially after 6 overs. And we need to rectify that. If you play dot balls and lose wickets, you don't take the game forward. We still have to qualify till the time you qualify. We need to be positive. It's not do or die as of now but we need to pull up our socks.

Smith: It's been a good run for us. It's been a good team for us. Tripathi - hasn't he been a revelation for us? The bowlers really have done an exceptional job for us. In fact quite a few different guys stand up and help us get past the winning line. We went hard with the new ball and try and put as many runs in the powerplay. Tripathi took on the bowlers and unfortunate that he hasn't got a hundred. Hopefully we will record few more win and be there come the play-offs time.

Rahul Tripathi, Man of the Match: I enjoyed my batting today. I was getting good starts, but was not able to convert it. Happy that my team won today. I'm just trying to middle the ball, trying to concentreate on the wicket and not on the outside. I'm happy that I'm able to do well. I'm just watching the ball, hitting and it is coming off well. Yes! I hit six sixes twice in the local tournament(*smiles*). I'm happy that I'm doing well and hopefully I will continue hitting. My role was just to play till the end. The coach and Smithy told me to be there till the end, so I was doing it ball by ball. The ball was coming on nicely and I tried enjoying myself out there in the middle.

Archived