Showed Brindavanam to some of my students

jjake

I showed Brindavanam to my afterschool "Bollywood" Club. I started years ago showing Hindi films in an after school club but about 2 years ago I started showing a few Telugu and Tamil ones too. I think I had written how the kids liked Yamadonga last year. Anyway new batch of kids this year..most are Bollywood fans and had never watched a Telugu film before. I showed Brindavanam and no surprise..they loved it! They wanted me to write down Tarak's name for them so they could look him up on youtube.

It was a good mix of kids..about 30, equal numbers of boys and girls (14-18 year olds) Had Somali, Hmong, a couple of Tibetans , Mexican and some born in America Americans (I work at a City school with lots of immigrants) The Somali, Hmong and of course Tibetan kids are all long time Bollywood watchers. The Mexican and American kids hadn't seen any before. They were all blown away by the dancing..especially the Bollywood watchers (LOLS Hindi films just don't do songs much anymore) Everyone loved the action and the kids were in stitches at the comedy. It was fun answering all their questions too. They wanted to know who Krishna (the God) was and what the significance of the name Brindavanam was and were so curious about the ending.

All the kids who had been Bollywood watchers got very excited about wanting to see more Telugu films and they want to see more of Tarak's films.

Show them gola gola song from ashok. Then they will surely become fans of our tarak.

super.great to hear.if posble shw them nachore,vayassunami,gola gola songs.,they become fans for the dance.

I did show them those clips earlier..but before they saw the movie. I'll show them again and maybe will show Yamadonga as it's a different group of kids from last year...

Archived