Adani: GMR of BJP

krishna_Bidda

seppu bedaru...valid point raise chesaadu aa thread esina aayana

annay HDFC is definitely a good bank as per the info i have ........But Modi is definitely supporting Adani group for his own interests ...danilo mana telugu tammullu enduku avesa padtunnaro naku telliyadu .......TDP ne tiskundam .........why did CBN encourage Sujan,CM Ramesh ?????????????valu emina pattitula ?????CBN emina pattita ............

annay HDFC is definitely a good bank as per the info i have ........But Modi is definitely supporting Adani group for his own interests ...danilo mana telugu tammullu enduku avesa padtunnaro naku telliyadu .......TDP ne tiskundam .........why did CBN encourage Sujan,CM Ramesh ?????????????valu emina pattitula ?????CBN emina pattita ............

cbn pathith analaadhu bro....if u say like that....for the greater good,we need a less corrupt person.....

but we expected Modi to be above all this......

Modi kooda congress olla maadiray unnadu antay hard to digest.....

annai you can have your opinions at 2019 voting ......but let us see why he is doing that and what is the hidden agenda in that ....until then it is too early tom comment ...........yes he might go in congress way to educate people in hindutva way rather the sickular brain washing of congress .....i am also eagerly watching each and every step of Modi 

annai you can have your opinions at 2019 voting ......but let us see why he is doing that and what is the hidden agenda in that ....until then it is too early tom comment ...........yes he might go in congress way to educate people in hindutva way rather the sickular brain washing of congress .....i am also eagerly watching each and every step of Modi 

:cheers:

cbn pathith analaadhu bro....if u say like that....for the greater good,we need a less corrupt person.....

but we expected Modi to be above all this......

he is above all this ..........but the sickular media is giving unnecessary attention to small things ...........why cant SBI give him a loan based on surity ??????is it wrong ?????????

he is above all this ..........but the sickular media is giving unnecessary attention to small things ...........why cant SBI give him a loan based on surity ??????is it wrong ?????????

when other banks refused him loan and when he is incurring huge losses in his businesses already,why should a state sponsored bank give him loan?

SBI on Thursday defended its decision to lend $1 billion to the Adani Group to fund its coal project in Australia, saying there were no viability or environmental issues clouding the development of the Carmichael coal mine in Queensland state. SBI chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya also clarified that the bank had only signed an in-principle agreement with the Adani Group, whose founder Gautam Adani is perceived to be close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on the loan and hadn’t yet sanctioned the money. “There are no environmental issues. The Queensland government has very clearly said that there is much more threat to Great Barrier Reef from farm run-offs and star fish attacks. There are no viability issues also,” Bhattacharya said. “Coal is available at $42 (per tonne) FOB (free on board), which is better than international prices that is around $62 (per tonne). The quality of coal is excellent and it is much better than what we are getting locally now…it is much less polluting,” she said. On Thursday, the Congress party questioned SBI’s decision to give the loan to Adani Group. “What was the propriety of the SBI giving the loan to Adani, who was sitting next to Prime Minister during the (Australian) visit, at a time when some five foreign banks have denied credit to the group for the project,” party general secretary Ajay Maken said. He alleged that the Prime Minister appeared to be taking keen interest in “promoting” Adani for getting the loan. Bhattacharya added that the bank had signed only a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Adani Group so far. “It is an MoU. It is not a loan sanction that we have given. It will go through a proper due diligence both on the credit side as well as on the viability side. The board has to take a call and then only the money will be given,” she added.

This might become a very long one, take ur time to read.

So brother.. you have raised a valid point and good debatable issue.

First let us see on what grounds Adani has been denied loans by other global banks like HDFC, HSBC, JPM etc.,

They say that the project is not viable, pricing is too low and they have also cited environmental issues.

The solutions they suggest are

- Reduce the expense of the project.

- Increase the price per unit of power.

- Environmental clearences.

Lets see the feasibility of the above solutions.

They ask Adani to reduce the expense of the project. - Remember that the coal mine acquired by Adani is won in auction and the expense cannot be reduced in any aspect in this regard. So, they wont provide loan.

Increase the price per unit of power - Already the import of coal is costing Adani a lot of money and he can noway go lower than the quoted price of 6.65 per KWH in 2018. So, they wont provide the loan.

Environmental Clearences - Adani has got all the environmental clearences as per our laws. The coal mine in Australia has all environmental clearences as per Australian law. The global environmental laws are created to favor industrialists and companies of the west and they skew the laws as much as they can to control other asian giants.

HDFC is only a namesake indian bank. 70% of its equity is owned by FIIs. SEBI recently declared HDFCBank as a foriegn funded company.

HSBC is the state bank of China.

These two banks denied loans to Adani and your question is why did SBI approve the loan.

You have to rationalize why these two banks denied loan to Adani.

See - After so long, an Indian corporate giant has made its way into the global market and startled all other bidders in the auction process and acquired the coal mine. The Americans and the Chinese will do all they can to control our foray into the mainstream industry, that is the power sector. They want to control the inflow of coal and gas into India, so as to restrict us from developing industrially and powering our manufacturing industrial units which are going to witness a great growth in the future. So, it is these big corporations and the chinese governments, that worked together to ensure that loan to Adani is denied and so he will not be able to acquire the coal mine in the auction process.

Later they want their industrialist friends to acquire that coal mine and the coal will be supplied to us at a heavier price and thereby increasing the cost of power per unit much higher than what Adani is offering now. The plan is to handicap the power sector in our country and keep our IIP - Industrial output in check. It is only to restrict our dream to become a competitor to China interms of export numbers and economic growth.

Modi has foreseen the above mentioned ploy by the western and Chinese forces and did all he can to ensure that Adani gets enough support from the government to acquire the coal mine, start the project and ensure power output by 2018.

Now, coming to the question of Adani power having very low profitability -

Adani power has only started getting into the power sector in the recent past and Any intelligent entrepreneur getting into a competitive market will only aim at capturing the market share rather than profits. That is what walmart or kohls or any other corporate giants do. they first offer everything for very lesser price and eliminate the competition, thereby creating a monopoly in the market and later make the industry play according to their rules.

Adani too, is following the same process. He is in the first stage of hitting the market and his sole aim is to capture the market share. So, he obviously looks down on the profitability quotient and chases the market share and he is actually successful at it. Today, they have most of the power plants in the country, now going global. Once he sets his foundation firm, gets his market share intact, then he will focus on profitability issue and let me tell you - Adani power is going to give you huge returns per share in the years to come once all his projects start operating.

Adani has been given loan by SBI on the surity of the companies properties, which comprise huge amounts of real estate, land, equipment whose value will only appreciate in the future and will not depreciate(except the equipment). Infact, the Billion dollar provided by SBI is at zero risk, when compared to the loans given to Lanco or Kingfisher. It is actually 810 ~ 830 million and not a billion as being portrayed.

Coming to the question of Modi favoring Adani,

Modi should favor Adani and I would be happy if Modi actually pushes Adani aggressively on the global stage.

If you look at other countries, everyone has a pioneer industrialist who controls most of the world market.

The US govt boosts defense companies, generic marketeers like Walmart & Co.

Chinese govt provides solid support for their electronic giants, Export companies.

Japanese and Koreans push their manufacturing companies very aggressively like Samsung/Maruti/whatsoever.

India too, should help its industrialists have a bigger share of the pie on the global stage. Inline with such a aggressive support, Modi is also ensuring that nation is being benefitted in the process. The coal which Adani will import generates power which will be sold only to India and within India. We dont have to worry about power for manufacturing sector after 2018.

In the whole process, i dont see Modi granting any undue favors to Adani as Congress did to kingfisher or Lagadapati Rajagopal, by writing off thousands of crores of loans or ordering banks to restructure them.

Remember how close the Ambanis are to Modi and he still made them pay a fine of 500 million dollars for not being able to meet the output in KG Basin. That is his commitment when it comes to law abiding. So, keep cool and trust in him. He is ensuring all he can do to make indian industrialists have a global presence and we have to appreciate him for having such a foresight which Manmohan missed.

Archived