Welcome Back

Kiran

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vidroha charya emanna undha uncle?

Not sure, we have 2 disks on raid 1, Disk 1 and Disk 2.

Disk 2 went offline in July 2013 due to data corruption. Adhi manaki theliyaledhu, Disk 1 went offline on May 20 during server crash. When I asked them to reboot, Disk 2 came online, but not Disk 1.

So all the way we thought we lost data due to data corruption as we were only seeing Disk 2. Sent to data recovery, they analyzed for 10 days and got back to me with results. They were concentrating on Disk 2 and said it was issue of data corruption and recover cheyalem emo meeru adigindhi annaru, fair enough, because disk July 2013 lo pop off ayyindhi kabatti data obvious ga undadhu, that's when I posted on facebook last week, that we might not have data. Later I asked them to send sitemap of both disks. Appudu ardhamaindhi Disk 1 is intact ani, malli vallaki chepthe memu recover chestham antaru ani, nenu emi matladakunda, disks aithe naku mail cheseyandi anna.

Idea was, nenu oka attempt cheddam, work avvakapothe, back to disk recovery ki pampudham, click aithe 4k$ save avuthundhi kadha ani gamble chesa.

It took me 2 days (since naku ee area lo knowledge ledhu, google helped me a lot) to crack the code and mount the disk and recovered all data.

Lesson: Raid 1 medha 2 disks unte mirror copy kadha, oka disk fail aithe inko disk untundhi anukunna, but ilanti data corruption situation expect cheyala.

Future remedy: 1-2 yrs back external data backup costs were high, anthuke we couldn't afford that. But they have comedown drastically and backup/restore softwares also improved a lot. So I have taken external backup space and will setup daily incremental backups. So this doesn't occur in future.

Disk 2 went offline in July 2013 due to data corruption. Adhi manaki theliyaledhu, Disk 1 went offline on May 20 during server crash. When I asked them to reboot, Disk 2 came online, but not Disk 1.

So all the way we thought we lost data due to data corruption as we were only seeing Disk 2. Sent to data recovery, they analyzed for 10 days and got back to me with results. They were concentrating on Disk 2 and said it was issue of data corruption and recover cheyalem emo meeru adigindhi annaru, fair enough, because disk July 2013 lo pop off ayyindhi kabatti data obvious ga undadhu, that's when I posted on facebook last week, that we might not have data. Later I asked them to send sitemap of both disks. Appudu ardhamaindhi Disk 1 is intact ani, malli vallaki chepthe memu recover chestham antaru ani, nenu emi matladakunda, disks aithe naku mail cheseyandi anna.

Idea was, nenu oka attempt cheddam, work avvakapothe, back to disk recovery ki pampudham, click aithe 4k$ save avuthundhi kadha ani gamble chesa.

It took me 2 days (since naku ee area lo knowledge ledhu, google helped me a lot) to crack the code and mount the disk and recovered all data.

Lesson: Raid 1 medha 2 disks unte mirror copy kadha, oka disk fail aithe inko disk untundhi anukunna, but ilanti data corruption situation expect cheyala.

Future remedy: 1-2 yrs back external data backup costs were high, anthuke we couldn't afford that. But they have comedown drastically and backup/restore softwares also improved a lot. So I have taken external backup space and will setup daily incremental backups. So this doesn't occur in future.

:shakehands:  :shakehands:  anna  :yourock:

RAID lo unnappudu disk corrupt aithe.. server restart cheyyakunda..... new disk with same capacity tho replace chesi RAID rebuild cheste...vastundi..

restart cheste...  ekkada aithe corrupt ayyindo... ade error info RAID write chestundi... next disk lo.... so boot avvadu... 

:shakehands:  Thanks for all the effort!

Do we have any mailing list kind of thing? By any chance naaku info telisi unte i could have shared my knowledge....naaku aah area lo baane hands on knowledge undhi!

It took me 2 days (since naku ee area lo knowledge ledhu, google helped me a lot) to crack the code and mount the disk and recovered all data. :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific:

Lesson: Raid 1 medha 2 disks unte mirror copy kadha, oka disk fail aithe inko disk untundhi anukunna, but ilanti data corruption situation expect cheyala. :noted:

hey evaru nuvvu, ila unnav entiiii br.gif

xxxxx....e gap lo sbdb lo tiriga saami...pichi thengicharu.....pavuralagutta metta XXXXXXX.....leki burada xxxxx ante alle le...!!

google lo nfdb ante site dorakatla......edo by mistake na mailid direct ggoogle lo by mistake kodte...nfdb lo aa id tho posts unde sariki ala dorikindi site...

Archived