Canada and India Issue with Nijjar Murder - Visa Services Suspended

Vihari

• 2 weeks later...

What are the 'Five Eyes'? As Canada accuses India, what you need to know about the intelligence alliance

Accusation over Sikh activist’s slaying put Canada’s allies in uncomfortable position. But they can also help

U.S. Ambassador to Canada David Cohen confirmed that "shared intelligence among Five Eyes partners" had informed Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of the possible involvement of Indian agents in the murder of a Canadian citizen in June, CTV News reported.

Intelligence-sharing network Five Eyes includes the U.S., Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Trudeau said on Monday that Ottawa had credible intelligence linking Indian agents to the murder of Sikh separatist leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar in Vancouver, prompting an angry reaction from New Delhi, which denies the allegation.

"I will say this was a matter of shared intelligence information. There was a lot of communication between Canada and the United States about this, and I think that's as far as I'm comfortable going," Cohen told CTV News in an interview to be aired on Sunday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/shared-intelligence-five-eyes-informed-trudeaus-india-allegation-ctv-news-2023-09-23/

India asks Canada to withdraw dozens of diplomatic staff - reports

India has asked Canada to withdraw about 40 diplomatic staff from India, reports say, in a sharp escalation of a weeks-long crisis.

Those who stayed past 10 October would lose their diplomatic immunity, the Financial Times first reported.

Last month, Canada said India may have been behind the killing of a Sikh separatist leader on Canadian soil, which India has denied.

An Indian foreign ministry official told the BBC it had no comment to make.

Canada has many more diplomats in Delhi than India has in Ottawa, and since this crisis erupted India has asked Canada for parity in its diplomatic missions.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told reporters on Tuesday he was not seeking to escalate the rift with India.

"We're going to continue to engage responsibly and constructively with the government of India," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-66991662

On 9/24/2023 at 12:22 AM, Vihari said:

@Rajakeeyam pakka thread canada meeda undi kada. andulo posts vesi saavagoduthunnavu. malli ee thread loki nee non-sense post lu whatsapp univresity nudni techi saava gottaku. pakkai po. 

@nbk@myHeart see this guy language not just with me . 

we should be Proffesional and respect .

Don’t encourage this kind of unprofessionals . we may have different opinions but provoking behaviour should be fixed instead of generalising .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived