US Car Rentals

Mahendra

car rentals are not cheap especially covering all insurances.. insurance costs per day would cost more than rental rate..

sometimes local rates are cheaper than airport rates.. sometimes airport rates are cheaper than local rates.. all depends on area and state..

Priceline/Hotwire surprise deals may get cheaper but they are not refundable if they need any changes like extensions/cancellations, etc

costco only cover alamo, budget, avis, enterprise.. sometimes you may get better deals than these four from other companies like dollar, payless, RAC, Thriffty, etc.. 

My two cents:

1. Nothing beats costco. Book for the dates regardless of price and keep checking daily. Prices tend to go down based on inventory and when you see price drop, make new booking and cancel existing (free cancellation). Last week NYC lo 4 days ki premium car - I got it for 90$.

2. Insurance is a myth.

• First of all check with your insurance provider if your current insurance is extended for rental cars as well (most of the providers do including mine as well (statefarm)). If Yes, unless you are visiting any place which got no service, you will be fine.
  • Few credit cards cover rental insurance as well up to 70k. For example I've Chase Sapphire Reserve and it covers rental insurance as well up to 70k.
  • If your trip includes going places where there is no service or less road side assistance, "consider" taking insurance. Especially when going with family. Because if there is any incident, you don't need to wait till you speak with your insurance as well as your road side assistance help. You can simply walk away or take a uber to get to nearest place and then call rental car company from there. 

I denied taking rental car insurance from last 2-3 years.

Hope this helps.!

2 hours ago, Ispate Raju said:

Can you reserve car on someone’s name from costco?

You can....Driver information lo any driver details ivvochu....vaalla peru meeda vastadi contract....

additional free driver add cheyali ante kontha mandi costco card adugutaaru..,kontha mandi adagaru....

9 hours ago, Ispate Raju said:

Can you reserve car on someone’s name from costco?

6 hours ago, Bezawada_Lion said:

You can....Driver information lo any driver details ivvochu....vaalla peru meeda vastadi contract....

additional free driver add cheyali ante kontha mandi costco card adugutaaru..,kontha mandi adagaru....

it is tough. some times car ichetappudu adugutharu costco membership card regular locations lo.... anduke airport lo pickup pettukunte 99% of the time adagaru. 

Archived