Meher ramesh interview

teja_nlr

Venkatesh is shooting for some high-action scenes in the famous Langkawi Islands in Malaysia, and it’s probably the first time a Telugu film will be shot in the popular tourist spot. It’s touted to be Venkatesh’s most expensive film, with the producer reportedly shelling out Rs 8 crore for this schedule alone, out of a budget of Rs 30 crore.

“It’s a breathtaking island with a lot of water Modies and also has a spectacular backdrop of the sea. It will look splendid on celluloid. I shot my film Billa here for a few days but this time I want to capture every inch of this beautiful locale in 15 to 20,” says director Meher Ramesh. “We have hired star cruise ships, helicopters and swanky guns and a few foreign technicians to can this ‘big-bang’ action episode. The first of its kind for Venkatesh garu,” he adds. Venkatesh, who has been doing comic capers, will be seen in a fiery role sporting a new bearded look. “I wanted to showcase Venkatesh in a new avatar so I zeroed in on this fiery and brooding look. His different look will be one of the USPs of our big-ticket entertainer, and he has glam girl Tapsee for company,” explains Meher.

Archived