Minneapolis Premiere

jjake

I just got home and came strait here to report! The theater was full except for 2 rows up front. This is big for a Minneapolis audience on a Wednesday night. (no Holiday here) I saw Dookudu on a Saturday night show the first weekend it played and I think there was more at this show. Im gonna go again either Friday or Saturday night so I'll be able to report how the audience holds up.

Anyway of course I missed alot because of the lack of subtitles so here is my very quick and general review. I'll write a better one on my blog after I've read some synopsis.

The thing that stands out for me is that FINALLY a Telugu movie has a real full and important role for the heroine. Tamannah had the best scenes in the second half as far as the emotional impact ofthe story and her performance was awesome. This is a must see for Tamannah fans.

The comedy was perfectly integrated without the parade of comedians that is also too common. Having the comedy focus around Tarak and Raghu Babu with just a small but integrated part for MS. Narayana worked really well as far as I could tell. The audience was in the throws of some serious belly laughs through out. I appreciate also that the script allowed some of the funniest lines(judging from the audience reaction anyways) to some of the minor supporting charactors.

The fight scenes were well choreographed I especially thought the interval bang and the climax very entertaining and I like the use of slow-mo along with the Background music in the climax fight.

Tarak's hero entrance was cool.I can only imagine what was being said during the intro...

Tarak's performance was his usual perfect. He has such a compelling screen presence. No complaints and it is nice that there is a story, script and direction that does justice to his talent.

My only complaint is the choreography of the first three songs and the first one after the interval. Too much of the usual style and moves for the solo's in those kind of duet songs. I did love the picturization of the first song and the second one is my favorite tune... I loved the choreography in the bar song and the last song as well.

The use of the BGM and the Oorsavelli theme song was well done to promote the action and drama.

I can't wait to see it again and of course I will be waitng for the DVD with subtitles so I can ROFLMAO like the audience was doing

Thanks for your review and sharing your thoughts jjake :shakehands: .... Fans like you make us feel proud about our ICON !

Hope you watch it again and take more friends with you this time and spread the happiness :wink:

Thanks JJake for taking time in the Middle of the night just to mention u r feeling.....

I really appreciate a lot ....i too just now compleated here in Dallas..........Its an awesome movie Both Tarak and Thamanna Rocked..

Tight and gripping screenplay i have see till date in 2011................

Thanks Tarak anna .......mata Nilabettevu Buddoda

I saw this lady Jjake in the theatre yesterday. I was wondering what an American was doing in a telugu movie. Good blog. Thanks for watching our movies.

ayyo! Say hello next time!! It would be nice to meet some Twin Cities NFDB memers!

I just got home and came strait here to report! The theater was full except for 2 rows up front. This is big for a Minneapolis audience on a Wednesday night. (no Holiday here) I saw Dookudu on a Saturday night show the first weekend it played and I think there was more at this show. Im gonna go again either Friday or Saturday night so I'll be able to report how the audience holds up.

Anyway of course I missed alot because of the lack of subtitles so here is my very quick and general review. I'll write a better one on my blog after I've read some synopsis.

The thing that stands out for me is that FINALLY a Telugu movie has a real full and important role for the heroine. Tamannah had the best scenes in the second half as far as the emotional impact ofthe story and her performance was awesome. This is a must see for Tamannah fans.

The comedy was perfectly integrated without the parade of comedians that is also too common. Having the comedy focus around Tarak and Raghu Babu with just a small but integrated part for MS. Narayana worked really well as far as I could tell. The audience was in the throws of some serious belly laughs through out. I appreciate also that the script allowed some of the funniest lines(judging from the audience reaction anyways) to some of the minor supporting charactors.

The fight scenes were well choreographed I especially thought the interval bang and the climax very entertaining and I like the use of slow-mo along with the Background music in the climax fight.

Tarak's hero entrance was cool.I can only imagine what was being said during the intro...

Tarak's performance was his usual perfect. He has such a compelling screen presence. No complaints and it is nice that there is a story, script and direction that does justice to his talent.

My only complaint is the choreography of the first three songs and the first one after the interval. Too much of the usual style and moves for the solo's in those kind of duet songs. I did love the picturization of the first song and the second one is my favorite tune... I loved the choreography in the bar song and the last song as well.

The use of the BGM and the Oorsavelli theme song was well done to promote the action and drama.

I can't wait to see it again and of course I will be waitng for the DVD with subtitles so I can ROFLMAO like the audience was doing

How many of your other frnds saw this mov Jake?

Archived