Rupee at altime low

raaz

SINGAPORE: Asian stock, bond and currency markets took another big hit on Tuesday after a fresh spike in U.S. interest rates re-ignited concerns about capital flows from the region and forced investors to pare back their Asian portfolios.

Rupee hit a record low as markets in Asia experienced volatility similar to that seen on a couple of days last week, driven likewise by the combined fears of the Federal Reserve's premature tightening of policy and a slowdown in China's economic growth.

Rupee NDFs were pricing the rupee at 62.33 in a year's time, 5 percent weaker than the spot rate of 58.93. The rupee has already weakened nearly 9 percent against the dollar since May.

While outflows from Asia would hurt most regional markets, analysts rank Indonesia and India, particularly the latter, as most vulnerable to a withdrawal of the Fed's monetary stimulus since these two countries need foreign funding to bridge the gaps in their current accounts.

Going both by the amount of foreign capital each country has received and the size of current account deficits, India, South Africa and Turkey are most at risk in emerging markets, analysts say.

Given the massive amounts of foreign money invested in Asia since 2009, as the Fed and other Western central banks pumped cash into the global financial system to revive their economies, there could be many more sharp selloffs in the days to come, analysts said.

"We will see further pressure on currencies, I don't see that changing," said Mitul Kotecha, global head of currency strategy at Credit Agricole, based in Hong Kong.

The Indonesian rupiah fell beyond 10,000-per-dollar for the first time since September 2009 as dollar liquidity tightened up. The Philippine peso hit a one-year low against the dollar.

Forward markets in most of the Asian currencies, both domestic and offshore, priced in further losses as fund managers and leveraged investors cut their exposures to a surging U.S. dollar.

Stock markets in Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia and other Asian markets fell to lows last seen in April, erasing the gains they had made on hopes of an improvement in the health of the global economy.

Data early in the year had suggested a pick up in global economic activity, but that has now been undermined by figures pointing to a loss of momentum.

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development cut its global growth forecast last month.

Currency traders said Tuesday's selloff was sparked by a rise in U.S. 10-year Treasury yields. During Asia trading they hit 2.25 percent, a 14-month high, as the bond market factors in the risk of the U.S. central bank easing back on its stimulus efforts.

That, coupled with disappointment the Bank of Japan wasn't showing any visible concern over rapidly falling Japanese government bond prices, pushed the dollar higher.

While the Fed has not been explicit about when it will begin tapering off its substantial bond purchases, financial markets have begun to anticipate capital outflows away from emerging markets and into dollar markets, where returns are rising.

Despite the selloff in Asian currencies, Kotecha argues they are not a one-way bet.

"Obviously with U.S. growth improving at a time when U.S. yields are also moving higher, there is definitely going to be this volatility in a period of transition. And this transition could go on for some weeks.

"But I don't think this is going to be sustained through the next several months," he said.

Data from fund flows tracker EPFR showed the pressure was building. In the first week of June, $6 billion was redeemed from high-yielding bond funds globally, more than $4 billion from emerging market equity funds and more than $1 billion from global and emerging market bond funds, it estimated.

Non-deliverable forwards (NDFs), which are offshore forward markets in Asian currencies that are not fully convertible, bore the brunt of Tuesday's selling.

That suggested leveraged investors were reducing their long positions in Asian currencies while portfolio investors who remained in these markets were hedging exposures to limit losses in the declining currencies.

why does Rupee value fluctuate? what are the reasons for it? who decides the price of the Rupee vis a vis Dollar or anyother foreign currency? how do these fluctuations affect our economy and the common man?

if you have detailed info on this ....please post it here brother....Thanks in advance..

Its time for RBI to intervene

It is not causing that much panic it should cause because it is not the Rupee that is weakening actually, it is the USD that is getting stronger

If u remember 57 per USD caused a lot of panic among the investors and RBI..But now most of the currencies coming under pressure vs USD

It is not causing that much panic it should cause because it is not the Rupee that is weakening actually, it is the USD that is getting stronger

If u remember 57 per USD caused a lot of panic among the investors and RBI..But now most of the currencies coming under pressure vs USD

ya problem is dollar getting strong is part of thr story annay, all other currencies are getring weaker coupled with our own weak GDP led to this dismal performance by ruppee

why does Rupee value fluctuate? what are the reasons for it? who decides the price of the Rupee vis a vis Dollar or anyother foreign currency? how do these fluctuations affect our economy and the common man?

if you have detailed info on this ....please post it here brother....Thanks in advance..

Below are the main factors

Foreign inflows

Fiscal deficit

Current account deficit

Other currency strength..

along with these some technical elements(levels, support, resistance) also effect the currency.

We have foreign exchange to trade any currency(similar to stock market)

Affects:

If Re depreciates all the imports become costlier (eg: Oil, Gold), indirectly effects inflation and common man.

Subsidies become more and more which increase Fiscal deficit inturn effects economy badly..

Importers will benefit from this(mostly IT companies)

As we have higher CAD( difference between Exports and Imports, we have Higher imports than exports) it will effect us badly

Contradiction to this Japan markets welcome any step taken to weaken their currency against USD as their exports are higher.

One more reason for this fall is based on the rumors that US central bank is not willing to continue its stimulus plan(increasing high interest rates etc, which reduces the dollar flow)

Below are the main factors

Foreign inflows

Fiscal deficit

Current account deficit

Other currency strength..

along with these some technical elements(levels, support, resistance) also effect the currency.

We have foreign exchange to trade any currency(similar to stock market)

Affects:

If Re depreciates all the imports become costlier (eg: Oil, Gold), indirectly effects inflation and common man.

Subsidies become more and more which increase Fiscal deficit inturn effects economy badly..

Importers will benefit from this(mostly IT companies)

As we have higher CAD( difference between Exports and Imports, we have Higher imports than exports) it will effect us badly

Contradiction to this Japan markets welcome any step taken to weaken their currency against USD as their exports are higher.

One more reason for this fall is based on the rumors that US central bank is not willing to continue its stimulus plan(increasing high interest rates etc, which reduces the dollar flow)

Thank you brother.....Your posts always give me the impression that you seem interested in economics...Can you please direct me to any internet source where I can good information on these economic issues....

In and out RBI.. It fluictutaes the gold and Rupee and dollar .. edo article chadivanu.. long back..

Thank you brother.....Your posts always give me the impression that you seem interested in economics...Can you please direct me to any internet source where I can good information on these economic issues....

msn finace yahoo finance google finance veetini kotevi emundavu annay , nenaithe eenadu business page thatha yenchakka telugulo mana botollaki ardham ayyela rasthadu kochen.gif

msn finace yahoo finance google finance veetini kotevi emundavu annay , nenaithe eenadu business page thatha yenchakka telugulo mana botollaki ardham ayyela rasthadu kochen.gif

Media lo vachche chaala varaku articles...naakaithe they raise more doubts than they give answers yaa....but most often I try to read articles of S.Gurumurthy, M. R. Venkatesh, Professor Vaidhyanathan......they appeal to me 

Media lo vachche chaala varaku articles...naakaithe they raise more doubts than they give answers yaa....but most often I try to read articles of S.Gurumurthy, M. R. Venkatesh, Professor Vaidhyanathan......they appeal to me 

e vayasuloo neeku e sadastham endeeee kochen.gif

soodu ..rupee value devaluate aiyyindanta....shameerpet lo oka 100 yekaraalu koni unchu....future lo paniki vattadhi...kochen.gif

ayyinbe unte tela seera enduku aniii..100 acres konne dabbe untee epatiki tdp jenda kaffukoni lokesjh babu emata tiregevadni kadeeee  kochen.gif

ayyinbe unte tela seera enduku aniii..100 acres konne dabbe untee epatiki tdp jenda kaffukoni lokesjh babu emata tiregevadni kadeeee  kochen.gif

Bijiwada lo one of the Big shot vi....evadu appu aduguthaado ani mundhe ee natakaalu...Mahi-33.gif

annay ,ivala thela ammaye dinner ki pilisindeee..dinner ayyyakaa ade antavaaa 

adhe aiyyi....adhi secret ga ninnu photoshoot sesi..bilakmailing sesi balavanthaga felli sesukunte....nee 1 crore katnaam kala emayidde..ragada8.gif

enduku annai finance information manchiga desipapalu website chudandi GSB2.gif?1370457845

Archived