Quotes on Sachin!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kapil Dev

You can't contain Sachin's deeds in a statistical frame.

He brings unstinted joy to the art of batting. Statistics will happen because cricket is about runs and wickets.

But how can you evaluate Sachin's contributions by just counting the number of runs he has scored.

To me, he best symbolises the heights an individual can rise to dominate a team sport. Words can never capture the beauty of Sachin's cricket.

Andrew Flintoff

When you bowl at him you are not just trying to get him out, you are trying to impress him.

I want him to walk off thinking 'that Flintoff, he's all right isn't he? I feel privileged to have played against him.

Pravin Amre - His Coach

I have played with him long enough to understand his approach but I am amazed at the man's zeal.

He wants to be perfect always. His humility is amazing. I have seen Sachin carry drinks for the juniormost, much to the embarrassment of the youngster.

His discipline is infectious. For Mumbai nets, he comes in the Mumbai training gear.

He would never don an India cap or T-shirt for a Mumbai match. He will also not allow anyone to carry his cricket coffin

Viv Richards

He is 99.5% Perfect.. I'll pay to watch him play. I think he is marvellous.

I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be.

He can play in any era and at any level

Sir Don Bradman

I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him.

Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...hi compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel! in reference to Sachin Tendulkar

Allan Donald

In my several years of international cricket, Tendulkar remains the best batsman I have ever bowled to.

It's been a pleasure to bowl at the master batsman even though one hasn't always emerged with credit from the engagements.

During our team meetings, we often speak about the importance of the first 12 balls to Tendulkar.

If you get him then you can thank your stars, otherwise it could mean that tough times lie

AR Rahman

Well, I’m no Sachin Tendulkar you know, whenever he takes the field, people expect him to score a century before he loses his wicket.

I can only give in my best and I always strive to live up to fans expectations, but it’s not possible to get an Oscar every time.

Virendra Sehwag

Both of us have come a long away and it is a great honour that Tendulkar thinks I come close to resembling him as a batsman.

It is a great honour, like a dream come true. If I die tomorrow I'll be the happiest man because I played this game because of Tendulkar, and Tendulkar himself saying that I resemble him - there is no bigger compliment than that.

Steve Waugh

After being defeated in the Coca-Cola Cup finals in Sharjah).

It was one of the greatest innings I have ever seen. There is no shame being beaten by such a great player, Sachin is perhaps only next to the Don''

Shane Warne

I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six.

He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player

Wasim Akram

Today, he showed the world why he is considered the best batsman around.

Some of the shots he played were simply amazing. Earlier, opposing teams used to feel that Sachin's dismissal meant they could win the game.

Today, I feel that the Indian players, too, feel this way.

Wasim Akram, after game at Hobart, CUB series, 1999

Brett Lee

You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket.

His bat looks so heavy but he just waves it around like it's a toothpick. Brett Lee, on Sachin Tendulkar's batting, 1999

Archived