A Father living in A son's Shadow & Much More

RamKe

A father living in a son's shadow.

I laughed so hard when it seemed like they were trying to build Krishna's legacy using Mahesh's name.

If we live in the god NTR's shadow.. the trend reversed with their family.

The entire point of that 50 days function.. was to put the peak publicity to a close if a graceful manner, and for legacy building purposes. The laser show was enough proof of that. i'm not going to strain myself, and say anymore.

But its really funny to think about it like this.. I think day by day krishna is living in Mahesh's shadow indirectly.

I don't think people today realize it.. but Krishna was never a good actor by any means. Just from the bare acting-to-acting comparison Mahesh crossed his father at point, or another... you see Krishna's popularity waned.. and was uneven. At times sobhan babu, and krishna were in a dead-lock at the box office.. at times krishna crossed sobhan. NTR always had the upper hand.. but on a few occaisons krishna crossed/equaled him. Krishna, like Nagarjuna, is mainly known today for technical advancements, fresh story selection, and introduction of capable technicians (dirs, prods, cinematographers, etc.) Through mahesh, they are building up Krishna.. who really is a nothing special (compared to NTR, Siru.. for their times..)

LOL

Congrats to Mahesh.. every father wishes their son crosses them.. but it didn't really take that much effort lol

Anyway i've always respected 14 reels in their passion, and hyper publicity efforts. Dookudu whether they realize it or not, was their film, not in any way mahesh's.

it takes alot of passion to hold a 50 days function for a film whose business (regardless of how much) closed 2-1 week ago depending on the area.. and whose theaters were dragged forward on deficit basis (reducing share).. and will all dissapear on the 51st day.

*something unrelated.. but food for thought.. it seemed like Mahesh was a better dancer as a child, and alot better in his first few films compared to how ackward he is today.

I think its out of personal dis-interest...

NTR's fall in dance.. as sad as it is.. mainly due to his accident which ripped his back. He danced in adurs at times when he was not even supposed to be moving from the bed. He took pain-killers. The addition of weight is also playing a part.

But from his classical dance background which gave him never before seen grace, and leg power he erupted in kantri, and yamadonga.

Dance is always subjective like any other art, but in no way is it always about gymnastics *cough allu arjun *end cough.

EXTRA RANDOM THOUGHT THAT POPPED INTO MY HEAD..

UNRELATED TO THREAD.. SORRY.

Also laughed when Udaya Bhanu kept yelling "superstar fans did you like it" etc.

And there were 0 screams from the crowd.

I don't think she realizes.

Like Prabhas, mahesh lives mostly off the neutral/common audience.

He, and his father never obtained the "hardcore" fan base Nandamuri, and mega have today.. and will continue to have.

Like the controversial paid program on tv9 where the 14 reels banner scripted the "dialogues" for Magadheera, vs. Dookudu... they also scripted the voice overs/avs in the function.

But behind all the publicity.. there atleast was one truth.

14 reels is damn passionate. They are not Allu Aravind who gains being a family member. They did not need to publisize, and spend cash the way they did on publicity/legacy building.

I really hope such a banner stays neutral.. and comes, and makes a film with us as well.

They would see a Tsunami. A 20 crore base is guaranteed regardless of the film (No arguments on this. its damn true.. NTR is NTR. His Natural Box Office Pull) .. if they come to our side. But the rest of the Tsunami they would experience would come from the power of a Mass hero.. @ his home: b/c centers WHEN PROVIDED AMPLE PUBLICITY... NOT 0 publicity.. but a respectable amount. mega lives off hyper publicity.. and NTR matches them with 0 publicity.. I can only imagine what would happen if we got a respectable amount via a producer.

I also loved the whole.. announcing names.. gopi grabbing their hand.. ram grabbing their hand.. anil grabbing their hand directing them towards a particular seat.. routine.

Suresh may have most of the theaters of AP in his hands.. but pales in comparison to 14 reels's marketing/publicity.

Aswini may know how to shell out cash for a film.. but he does not have a clue as to releasing a film (proved numerous occasions.. his disasters with every hero.. for the last decade.. etc).

For anyone that needs a clue..

yes these are Mahesh's future projects.

1) TBM

2) 14 reels sukumar film

3) Krish, Aswini Dutt

4) K.L Narayana Rajamouli (who rajamouli took an advance from.. and to this day has a commitment with.. K.L Narayan is very close to our NTR.. so this project may go either way. he always wanted NTR on his banner after Rakhi.. but he may go with Mahi.. gossips are hinting at this.. and instead have NTR under 3vickram direction on his banner. )

Suresh got them the theaters in Nizam through Multi-Dimensions.

Gemini Kiran, tv9 (forgot him name).. provided ample media publicity that varied on a daily basis.. that was subtle.. and spoke of USP (unique selling points) to watch Dookudu.. since tv9/Gemini along with ETV are the most watched channels.. with a lion share of the TRP ratings.. it helped Dookudu alot.

BA RAJU.. A loser who acts like a PRO to every film.. but in the hands of 14 reel's planning was able to interact with Print media to publisize the film.

THEY DIDN't FORGET ANYONE IN THE BACKRGOUND... WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FILM's SUCESS.. THE REAL PEOPLE.. much less about Mahi.

Ramke bhayya u r awesome..

Bro I'm not awesome. I love NTR. but at the same time.. I recognize publicity trends.. social trends.. and what it takes to get victory at the b.o, and in the people.

I am far too occupied on my personal carrier.

But I can guarantee you.. taking 14 reels as my inspiration.. the day I enter production with NTR as my hero.. you will see an explosion in the amount of publicity.

I follow trends closely for this main purpose.

The days of a hero making/breaking a film are gone. It ended with Pokiri, Yamadonga.

Starting from pre-Jalsa.. PUBLCIITY IS KING. WHO EVER PUBLISIZES IN A SUBTLE MANNER.. THEY WIN.

However the telugu people will see through this.. in about 10 years.. once every producer jumps on board.. and new trends will emerge.

Right now a few select producers understand it.. Geetha Arts, 14 reels, Arka Media Works, and sometimes Dhil Raju/ RR Movie Makers.

And milk money... and popularity for the actor.

I hope to be at the fore-front of those new "trends,".. or take publicity to the highest level one has ever seen.

:shakehands:

Thanks for reading my Rant.

For much of he function.. srinu/mahi just sat there dumbfounded.

I laughed when Mahi was about to sit down.. and 14 reels made him go infront of the stage.. with fireworks/crackers ready to blow.. while Uday Bhanu was ready to praise him with a pre-planned speech.

A director's job is to make a film.

An actor's job is to star/perform in the film.

They did what they needed to do.

They are immensely lucky to get 14 reels. They are the true "heros" of this movie.. and much more.

14 reels stunned them, like they stunned many others with their publicity.

*It takes alot to keep Allu Sirish's mouth shut, and they did it with elan.

Who ever thought the loud mouth prick's tweets could ever be turned against him, and used for publicity for another film.

LMFAO.

JAI 14 reels. Never have I wished a banner make a film with us.. more than them.

If people beg rajamouli to direct their favorite hero.. people should be begging 14 reels to produce a film with their favorite hero.

The comedian Vjanirmala deserves a special mention... for prasing the real screen heros Brahmi, M.S Narayana.. the real heros of dookudu LMFAO haha

To close my rant.. i'd like to end with a prime example of 14 reels, and their publicity.. in the form of Uday bhanu.

She usually speaks crap.. and kills time on stage..

but for the first time.. she spoke with PRE-Planned "dialogues".. yes dialogues for an anchor who knew?.. from a "script" with an assistant telling her what to say towards the end.

really proved how far ahead 14 reels is in-terms of publicity.

Everyone benefited from this media exposure.. Mahi whose career got a new life.. and is on an artificial high via media... 14 reels: Anil, Ram, Gopi whose names have been cemented.. went from being "outsiders" to producers. Krishna.. who is living in Mahi's shadow.. and finally Srinu.. who delivered at most an avg film.. who is now at a peak once more after ready via 14 reels.

Everyone spoke to their hearts content.

They came prepared with things to say (instead of rambling on... I thnk 14 reels has something to do with this.. mainly their organization of the event)

Through hyper publicity mahesh got a brand new lease of life.. and producers who are his own "allu aravind"

standing behind him, and supporting him through aggressive marketing.

The function was a grand close to Dookudu's publicity.

NTR .. and his future producers (k.s rama rao.. and freaking ganesh) .. I'm praying.. learned the value of marketing, and effective publicity.

NTR's talent is unquestionable. No one gurantees returns the way he does through the massses. (i.e min 20 regardless of content/publicity)

mahesh has not delivered a film which crossed 20 in the last 6 years.. they all ended at 14, 15, 14.5 etc.

Although NTR has always had 0 publicity.. he and his producers must change.. and learn the art.

For all their talk.. most viewers of telugu films are nothing more than puppets. Most of which can be forced to the theater through artificial means such as publicity/time of release regardless of content, and natural "talk."

NO ONE REMEMBERS ANYTHING DONE/SAID THROUGH PUBLICITY.. BUT COLLECTIONS WILL ALWAYS REMAIN.

SO WHILE WE CAN NEVER LOSE OUR MORALS LIKE mega... WE, AND OUR HERO SHOULD STERNLY ASK K.S RAMARAO TO HIRE A PERSONAL PUBLICIST, OR IF NTR CAN HIMSELF.

THAT GIVES US MORE THAN 10 MINS OF MEDIA AIRTIME.. COMES UP WITH REASONS TO TELL THE PUBLIC TO WATCH THE FILM.. HANGS UP MORE THAN 14 POSTERS.. AND ORGANIZES STRATEGIC EVENTS AIMED AT TARGET AUDIENCES.

UNDERSTANDING THE IDEA OF BUZZ, AND SUSTAINING IT.

James Bond of Telugu industry...

BTW ..if you ask any 10 yr kid to choose btween Sr. NTR and current Gen actors... they would choose currnt gen actors because they are illiterate of previous acting standards and have not lived those times....

there are idiots who think Puri is better director than Dasari Narayana Rao just because they worked with Puri and watched him make a successfull movie...but that doesnt take away Darsakaratna's greatness...those who lived his times know his abilities...

hope ts gets my point

Ramke brother... yedo vutsaaham lo 14 reels japam chestunnav kaani... Hero thana standards digajaarithe... yemaina cheyochu.... daanike 14 reels ye akkarledu.

Krishna Digajaaraadu... telugu industry ki garvakaranamaina mahaanubhaavudi meeda... politics lo AP ante ento ruchi choopinchi congress ki simha swapnamaina annagaari meeda dwesham tho piriki pandalaaaga cinemaalu teesaadu.

Krishna Digajaaraadu. Jyothichitra lo voka saari superstar ga yennikai...tharvaatha varsaga konukkuni... aa birudu nu G. ki atikinchukuni ippudu teesi kadigi malli thana bidda ki tagilinchaadu.

Mahesh Digajaaraadu.... Simhadri 175's daatakapoyina... Tagore 100's daatakapoyina... 50 days ki takkuva centres... 100's ki yekkuva centres ads nissigguga vesukuni... appatlo 76 years industry record ani vesukunnadu... virraveegaadu.

Mahesh Digajaaraadu.....Sainikudi ni kooda vadalledu... nissigguga records vesukunnadu.

Mahesh Digajaaraadu..... Atidhi tho malli prathapam choopaadu....aaa records malli type chesi fingers ki pani pettalenu.

Mahesh Digajaaraadu..... Kaleja tho malli thana donga records prathapam choopaadu.

Mahesh Digajaaraadu......Ippudu Malla Dookudu 80 years Industry Hit antunnadu.

Ilaa yenni saarlu kaavalisthe anni saarlu digajaaradam valla family ke chellindi. Nuvvemo mega family mega family antunnavu kaani... chaala varaku vaallu 90% close ga vuntaaru records vishayamlo... maree kinda padi kooda cheyyi paiki chaaparu. Atuvanti vaallatho thalapadithe voka artham vundi... gelichina voka aanandam vuntundi.... kaani ituvanti DIGAJAARUDU heroes... vaalla PUBLICITY PICHI... inkevariki raadu... raabodu. Allu baava chesedi kooda publicity ne ayina... anavasaram anipinchinappudu cheyyadu...talaa toka leni figures choopinchadu. Kaani idendi saami... :wall:

Ituvanti Digajaarudu heroes vunnannallu... 14 reels ye kaadu... 44 reels kooda ilaage chestaayi... kaani manam hunda ga vuntaam kaabatti... ave manakaadiki vachinappudu... idi chesindi veellena anukuntaav nuvvu... choodduvu gaani le.... :child:

Manaku 14 reels avasaram ledu... vaadi bonda avasaram ledu kaani... kaastha decent publicity chesukogaligithe chaalu... NTR ki vunna stamina ku... vaatantata ave vasthaayi collections. Eee 14 reels vaddu... vaadi digajaarudu vaddu.

Producer ane vaadu eeroju voka star tho... inko roju inko star tho teesthaadu... maa cinema Number one ani cheppukunte... problem ledu kaani... falaana vaadu No.1 ani munde announce cheyyadaaniki veedentha... veedi bathukentha.

India Today lo chiru photo...NTR photo pakkana pakkana vesi... evaru NO.1 ani article vesaaru... adi voopu vasthe NTR srushtinchagala Tsunaami... ila producers cheta false figures cheppinchukuni... No.1 cutouts lo photos vesukuni... evarini mosam cheyyaalani bayalderaaru... eee thandree kodukulu.

Bro I'm not awesome. I love NTR. but at the same time.. I recognize publicity trends.. social trends.. and what it takes to get victory at the b.o, and in the people.

I am far too occupied on my personal carrier.

But I can guarantee you.. taking 14 reels as my inspiration.. the day I enter production with NTR as my hero.. you will see an explosion in the amount of publicity.

I follow trends closely for this main purpose.

The days of a hero making/breaking a film are gone. It ended with Pokiri, Yamadonga.

Starting from pre-Jalsa.. PUBLCIITY IS KING. WHO EVER PUBLISIZES IN A SUBTLE MANNER.. THEY WIN.

However the telugu people will see through this.. in about 10 years.. once every producer jumps on board.. and new trends will emerge.

Right now a few select producers understand it.. Geetha Arts, 14 reels, Arka Media Works, and sometimes Dhil Raju/ RR Movie Makers.

And milk money... and popularity for the actor.

I hope to be at the fore-front of those new "trends,".. or take publicity to the highest level one has ever seen.

ledhu bhayya nuvvu awesome anthe.... nee analysis ki porlu dandaalu pettochu.. i'm serious.

dookudu records janalaki ardham ayindhi.......... ppl are not recognizing it as Industry HIT.......... they are treating it just HIT.

One can not sustain all the times with the hyper publicity.......mahesh bob realized it slowly.........

For example, if they want to make hyper publicity for business man, what they will tell, it collected 100 Crs in first week or it Collected 200 Crs for 50 days...

mahesh understand the mistake now..........

Archived