Audacity of Hope

minion

This was Obama the day before 2008 elections. His grandmother died the day before elections and he was sharing that sad news.

Don't let the Republican apparatus and Fox News types define what Obama was ... he was remarkable. When he took over, America was on the brink of collapse ... teetering on the edge of another economic depression ... it took enormous courage from Obama and many from his team to pull America out of that.

BTW, if you haven't read Audacity of Hope by Obama ... its a good read. There is an audio version narrated by Obama himself. Worth listening.

he was a failure to me..being the first african-american president, he should have done few things to improve the living standard of this community..

Flint episode will remain as a black spot in his presidency...and also the reason why Hilary lost Michigan  

15 minutes ago, subash.c said:

he was a failure to me..being the first african-american president, he should have done few things to improve the living standard of this community..

Flint episode will remain as a black spot in his presidency...and also the reason why Hilary lost Michigan  

Can’t put everything on him but yeah .. he should’ve done more :)   

5 hours ago, subash.c said:

Flint was a local issue. What can US President can do about it?

There were some local issues with water payments and stuff ... thing is, you can't expect decent service if you're not paying ... that's just the way it is in a capitalistic society.

Inka African Americans ante ... he was the President of all people ... not just AAs. I think he maintained the balance well ... 

My only gripe of Obama is ... why he didn't do more to stop the russian aggresion and their intervention.

As President, he knew ruskies were trying to sabotage ... way back in early 2015. 

I'm not exactly sure why didn't act ... 

He expels some diplomats at the tail end of it ... how is it going to help?

To be honest ... I have this conspiracy theory that he didn't want HC to win for whatever reason ... may be its just me.

45 minutes ago, minion said:

Flint was a local issue. What can US President can do about it?

There were some local issues with water payments and stuff ... thing is, you can't expect decent service if you're not paying ... that's just the way it is in a capitalistic society.

Inka African Americans ante ... he was the President of all people ... not just AAs. I think he maintained the balance well ... 

Watch this on amazon prime if you have subscription...though this is not completely about Obama, will get an idea what I was talking about 

16 minutes ago, subash.c said:

Watch this on amazon prime if you have subscription...though this is not completely about Obama, will get an idea what I was talking about 

I wouldn't say Michael Moore was bad ... but, I have seen 9/11 too ... 

All I'd say is ... life goes on ... he's making 11/9 now :) 

What I'm saying is Trump may not be a bad person ... 

I wouldn't trust one Republican behind him though ... these are the lowest of scum on the earth ... you know  ... the turtle, ryan ... lowest scum of earth ... 

Repeat after me ... nothing good could ever come out of current Republicans ... they're like the scum of the earth ... 

Trump is a different story though ... 

10 hours ago, Avinash said:

Our constitution is a remarkable and beautiful gift ... by itself, its just a peice of parchment ... 
it has no power on its own ... we, the people, give it power ... we give the meaning with our participation and with the choices we make ...  

I'm just quoting Obama.

3 hours ago, minion said:

I wouldn't say Michael Moore was bad ... but, I have seen 9/11 too ... 

All I'd say is ... life goes on ... he's making 11/9 now :) 

What I'm saying is Trump may not be a bad person ... 

I wouldn't trust one Republican behind him though ... these are the lowest of scum on the earth ... you know  ... the turtle, ryan ... lowest scum of earth ... 

Repeat after me ... nothing good could ever come out of current Republicans ... they're like the scum of the earth ... 

Trump is a different story though ... 

nen pettina link 11/9 bro....released few months back

Archived