πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹TENNIS Thread | Oct/Nov/Dec 2023 | ATP Finals πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹

Husker

On 1/29/2023 at 4:03 PM, KingV said:

For me Novak closely followed by Rafa are all time greats.Β 

Opinions differ le bro....Djokovic ni adigithe...Tennis eeroju ee stage lo undante Federer is the most important player ever ani monna quarter finlas post match lo annadu....so titles chuskunte yes, joker and rafa are ahead but What one has done to tennis anedi chuste Federer ani andaru single voice tho antaru.

7 hours ago, Husker said:

1. kind of known result.. not even expected a fight..Β 

2. Odd Timing - Melbourne time vs CST or EST ( almost mid night here)

3. ESPN's priorities these days are very bad.. no alternative legit sports channel in US. all Slams are contracted to ESPN telecast. No1 rank player center court lo aaduthunna.. evado unseeded American 15th court lo aadithe.. adi telecast chesthadu and they move center court match to ESPN+.
When I'm already paying for TV provider with channels, I expect to watch a marquee match on live TV. why do IΒ need to spend extra dollars to subscribe to ESPN+

I guess all these contributed for low ratings.. sports ratings in general especially sports like NBA also getting low viewership these days.. all depends on matchups..Β 

joker fans mentionedΒ the same in Β comments,..

Edited by Muskism

9 hours ago, Muskism said:

@HuskerΒ vaaancul, deeni pi mee spandanenti!?

3:30AM ET, 1:30 AM PT....

Novak vs Rafa vs Federer or Alcraaz if he live upto the expectations should play in finals to motivate people to loose sleep and watch. I skipped just because of timing all Novak matches except SF and Finals...!!! I personally would have watched more matches if Rafa continued to next rounds...!!!

30 minutes ago, KingV said:

3:30AM ET, 1:30 AM PT....

Novak vs Rafa vs Federer or Alcraaz if he live upto the expectations should play in finals to motivate people to loose sleep and watch. I skipped just because of timing all Novak matches except SF and Finals...!!! I personally would have watched more matches if Rafa continued to next rounds...!!!

Fans ante kallallo aggipullalu pettukoni choodali uncle πŸ˜‚ what are you talking,..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Husker changed the title to πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹TENNIS Thread | March 2023 | Hard Court | USA πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹
  • 2 months later...

Rafael Nadal withdraws from Roland Garros and plans retirement in 2024

Nadal finally acknowledged Thursday it wasn’t going to happen in time for Roland Garros, where play begins in 10 days and, while he’s not exactly sure when he will be fully recovered from aΒ lingering hip injury, Nadal said he expects to return to action at some point and probably wrap up his career in 2024.

"You canΒ΄t keep demanding more and more from your body, because there comes a moment when your body raises a white flag, Even though your head wants to keep going, your body says this is as far it goes.Β You never know how things will turn out, but my intention is that next year will be my last year.

Tournaments stay forever; players play and leave. So Roland Garros will always be Roland Garros, with or without me, without a doubt. The tournament is going to keep being the best event in the world of clay, and there will be a new Roland Garros champion and it is not going to be me,” -- Rafael Nadal

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yaswanth526 said:

After the exit of Federer and Nadal almost retirement thread anadha ayipoyindhi ga

French Open Semis

Alacaraz vs Djokovic match going on

Tennis ni India lo popularise chesindi valega, I don't think current gen youth watch tennis much. They don't have any idols to follow/ watch...

1 hour ago, sandeeps said:

Tennis ni India lo popularise chesindi valega, I don't think current gen youth watch tennis much. They don't have any idols to follow/ watch...

Djokovic e french tho 23 slams avvudhi Nadal tweet chestadu 22 cross chestadu kabbatti.

He should carry the legacy for couple of more years.

Godavalu padakunda normal ga unte name vastadi baaga 27-30 madya slams kuda gelavochu career end ki.

6 minutes ago, Yaswanth526 said:

Djokovic e french tho 23 slams avvudhi Nadal tweet chestadu 22 cross chestadu kabbatti.

He should carry the legacy for couple of more years.

Godavalu padakunda normal ga unte name vastadi baaga 27-30 madya slams kuda gelavochu career end ki.

That's fine. Young lot of tennis World needs a new hero. High time for new gen of fans

• Husker changed the title to πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹TENNIS Thread | Oct/Nov/Dec 2023 | ATP Finals πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹