YADA YADA HI DHARMASYA GLANIRBHAVATI BHARATA ABHY

krishna_Bidda

Posted Today, 01:22 PM

YADA YADA HI DHARMASYA GLANIRBHAVATI BHARATA 
ABHYUTTANAM ADHARMASYA TADAATMANAAM SRUJAMYAHAM. 
O Bharata, whenever there is decline of righteousness and rise of evil, I manifest Myself. 
*** continuation from last week *** 
If there is majority of those who break the law of the land and/or the law of the divine, it leads 
to acts of evil. This in turn leads to doom of the society. Anarchy destroys the society. It becomes act of self-destruction. 
During such times, when there is great danger of anarchy and destruction of society, the Lord 
says “I Manifest.” (Srujami) 
We need to understand this word clearly. It means “He” shows His presence. As God is considered to be good and divine, we can say “Good and Divine manifest” instead of saying “I 
manifest.” This in turn will kill evil and bring in turn peace and prosperity. 
The next question is “which God” comes out and manifests? 
There are two ways in which we can approach this issue of “Manifest.” 
First one is to see the extra ordinary divinity in a human form who lived/lives/will live the life 
of a sthitaprajna/jivanmukta. 
The second one is actual incarnation of Lord on earth who takes birth for namesake but actually out of His free will and not due to any vasanas from previous births like us. 
The sastras clearly state that he who works selflessly and not looking for fruits of action is 
actually divinity on earth. He who dedicates his life for the welfare of all is said to be God on 
earth for that period. 
During evil times there will arise someone who will reach Godhood by his actions and becomes God Himself and destroys evil. The history has many examples of men/women who 
are considered as Gods by generations that come later on. 
As the learned scholars say, at every time adharma prevails and prevents man’s evolution, the 
Parabrahman emModies Himself. 
What will He do? 
This theme is taken up in the next Sloka. 
Sloka 8 
PARITRANAYA SADHOONAAM VINASHAYACHA DUSHKRITAAM 
DHARMA SAMSTHAPANARTHAYA SAMBHAVAAMI YUGE YUGE 
For the protection of the righteous, for the destruction of wicked, and for the establishment of Dharma, I am born in every age. 

Recording of Bhagavad Gita slokas completed

SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

SHARE  ·   PRINT   ·   T+  

A project to record all the 700 slokas in the Bhagavad Gita undertaken by journalist-turned-singer L.V. Gangadhar Sastry reached a milestone when the recording was completed and unveiled for a select gathering at the Prasad's Laboratories here on Tuesday.

Among those who got the opportunity to listen to the rendition of ‘Viswaroopa Sandarshana' chapter were Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan and his wife Vimala, Swami Swaroopanandendra of Sarada Peetham, Visakhapatnam, noted filmmaker and former Union Minister Dasari Narayana Rao and Sanskrit scholar Pullela Sriramachandrudu.

Mr. Sastry, who worked as a journalist for 12 years, turned singer fulltime and worked in Telugu and Kannada movies. He told presspersons that he was working on the project for six long years.

Till now, it was only Ghantasala who had sung 106 slokas of the Gita and this was the first venture of its kind, covering all the 700 slokas, he said.

In two to three months, the complete collection of 18 compact discs and cassettes, denoting each of the Gita's chapters would be released into the market, he said, adding that the President of India was expected to unveil the complete collection.

The dignitaries appreciated the initiative of Mr. Gangadhar Sastry and said the youth of today would surely benefit from this complete rendition of the Bhagavad Gita .

Archived