True Friend

raaz

A True Friend

Once there were two friends named Rama and Krishna living in a village. Rama likes Krishna very much but Krishna does not like Rama. Krishna borrowed a lot of money from a moneylender who was very ruthless. Rama also borrowed some money from the moneylender. Rama was uneducated and Krishna was educated, So Krishna took the advantage if it and made it look like Rama had taken most of the money. Rama paid lot of money but could not clear his debts because of Krishna. The ruthless moneylender gave them few chances and they could not clear the debts off.  He gave the last chance to clear the debts in a week, if failed he threatened to auction their wealth and family members too. They could not find a way to clear the debts off.

So at last they decided to take the huge risk of going for the huge treasure which is believed to be in the dense forest area. Nobody was sure about that and so could not take the risk of going through the dense forest. They started going through the forest, at the end of the forest they came across a river. They started building a raft and by the time they completed building the raft the sun had gone out and flow of the water in the river was very high. So they decided to take rest for the night. When they were about to sleep one man came to them and said “no man who crossed the river has ever returned back”. Krishna decided he should not cross the river and fell into sleep while thinking how to make Rama go cross the river.

In the next morning Krishna woke up and found that Rama and the raft were missing. He waited for Rama but found no sign of Rama coming back. He went back to his village in anger. He started telling the villagers that his friend had cheated him. The moneylender heard the news and called him. He explained the sequence of events happened except what the unknown man told them and asked for one more chance, the moneylender listened to him and said “The story is good, it would be much better if it is true. I will send my men along with you. If you can show them any proof that your story is real then I will give you another chance” and sent some of his men with him. They all went to the spot and found a note which he earlier couldn’t notice.

The note says” Sorry my dear friend, I know you will not let me go if you are awake, I do not want the treasure at the cost of you, I would prefer to die rather to see you die. So I am going for it, wait for me till the next dawn. If I do not return back go back and explain the moneylender what had happened and plead for another chance and please do me a favor my friend, try to clear off my debts too”.

Krishna crossed the river despite of warning from the other men and found unlimited treasure besides Rama’s body. He sat down on his knees, watching the sky and shouted”Oh God Do you really exist? If so please make my body lying besides my close friend’s”.

Archived