Hindu scriptures <-> Gods

krishna_a

Just want to discuss a topic....was thinking some people about politicizing Hindu Gods these days and then my thoughts were flowing.....

every God (Character) portrayed in Indian scriptures represents  one/many personality traits of human begins in general.  They are fantastic sources to read and learn how to live & survive in a society.  They are very pure abstract concepts and are meant to enlighten every individual.   But overtime people started building belief systems around them, made concrete symbols of those gods and started worshiping them.

The more I read, I understand and still trying to understand -  Hindu scriptures suggestions for way of life and survival are the best.   They are way above other religious scriptures. Other religions seem to push mankind into some belief systems and whereas Hindu scriptures are too abstract representing various aspects of humans and life around them.

Every role & character you read in those scriptures depicts a personality. How should one with a personality of a character survive in the society ?

• What is your lifestyle going to be?
  • What issues / problems you will face?
  • How do other people see you and how should other people deal with you?

And they have

• some composite characters by name "Brahma, Vishnu, Siva"
  • some specific "avtars" with a specific personality too deep (e.g Rama, Krishna,  Kaalimaatha etc etc ) 

Most of those characters have some +ve and some -ve.  Scriptures never told their "Character" is perfect.  Some are extremely good, some are cunning,  some are womanizers,  some are foodies,  some have emotional problems etc etc... 

There is no superpower called God , they want mankind to see "God in everything and respect the way it is" - Animals, Trees, Soil, Water, Fire, Human Personalities........  Truly respect to those GURUs who made everything in a very abstract manner to enlighten mankind.  

ps: Topic is not to discuss whether those "God"ly characters existed in real - I dont know/ We dont know.  

Generally humans when in certain conditions ( more applicable to women )  they exhibit psychic hyper symptoms  and the only way to get them back to normal is to offer what they like the most.    These days we offer some gifts, two scoops of ice cream and some non-veg etc to make them normal.

Do you relate this character and how humans offer "non-veg" to a certain goddess ? 

ps I am seeking opinions here....As mentioned just some random thoughts... I may be completely wrong and ignorant of the realities, intent behind those scriptures, characters.

2 hours ago, krishna_a said:

Generally humans when in certain conditions ( more applicable to women )  they exhibit psychic hyper symptoms  and the only way to get them back to normal is to offer what they like the most.    These days we offer some gifts, two scoops of ice cream and some non-veg etc to make them normal.

Do you relate this character and how humans offer "non-veg" to a certain goddess ? 

ps I am seeking opinions here....As mentioned just some random thoughts... I may be completely wrong and ignorant of the realities, intent behind those scriptures, characters.

First of all God is represented as one in Hinduism in many forms ......and the single name is ParaBrahma or Brahman....

Just now, krishna_a said:

Alanti mana India lo ... ee fake Godmen maid poodi maaredukaaya chestunnaru 

And finally “the so called saviours dilute the essence” 

First of all there is no such thing called God Man and it is a media coined term....what is your confusion ??? In Hinduism there are only gurus or sadhus .....

2 minutes ago, krishna_a said:

Alanti mana India lo ... ee fake Godmen maid poodi maaredukaaya chestunnaru 

And finally “the so called saviours dilute the essence” 

What do you mean by so called diluting essence .....there is a difference between Dharma and religion .....Dharma is eternal truth which is inclusive of everything... religion is narrow minded which says only my way leads to salvation or you go to hell and examples are Islam and Christianity.......In Dharma liberation of a soul is the ultimate thing be it Hinduism or Jain or Buddhism....

8 minutes ago, krishna_a said:

God is everything that is created by nature ... end of the day there is no separate hell or heaven ... it’s all happening with in you

our scripts are useful to figure out that hell or heaven within and deal with it :)

The concept of karma is not that easily understood and high sadhana is required to understand it.....yes you are the one who make heaven or hell out of you.....

Archived