Sachin

King Of Masses

MASTER ROCKS !

Hi All,

The most SPECIAL FORUM for and from Me !

What to start and how to start Will I able to get it all in words ? Will I be able to express his Greatness in words ? I doubt myself YES, I DO.

Firstly let me RATE his Innings though I pity myself that I dont have that level of understanding and knowledge to RATE HIS CLASS. I didnt watch the Sandstorm innings but still feel that was his BEST EVER (in ODIs). Watched WC 03 and reckon it was his 2nd BEST EVER, looking at the occasion and importance of the same. In Sharjah, it was something else. I rate it first because it was ONLY HIM who took India away. I still remember this QUOTE

Steve Waugh - We won against India but lost against SACHIN TENDULKAR.

That says it all ! People with some brain can easily understand what he meant by that. I dont say that it was or it is today A Single Man Army. Yes, today Team India is not ONLY dependent on THE MASTER for a Victory. There are many other who can prove to be a Match Winner on a given day and I am proud of this fact but are we honest and KIND enough to still think whether Team India rely only on THE MASTER. I mean to say that in his 20th year we still expect him to gift vistories on HIS OWN while he has been already doing that since long. I can confidently say that he RULED TEAM INDIA for atleast 10 YEARS, if not more People, I am not talking about how good he played for team India, I am saying that it was HIM upto whom Team India use to look for a VICTORY. He is OUT, people are out of the stadium and most of them use to switch off their TV sets, including me until I got other greats like Ganguly and Dravid.

The thought I am trying to share here is that why do we still argue about him being teh only MATCH WINNER for India. Why we still say "No, Team India can win without him or his knock" Is this FAIR enough ? Isnt it a DISGRACE ? Isnt it a SHAME ? I feel like crying when I listen people talking all this.

Why Cant we just stop judging him, even after 20 LONG YEARS

after so many matches he gifted us, after so many days he made us feel Happy, after so many moments he gave us to feel PRODU of, after so many memories he gave us to look back and Cherish, We still cant help ourselves judging him. We still want more. Well, its not about wanting more as a FAN, we alwayz want that but the problem I have is that why do we change our thoughts when ours expectations are not fulfilled Do we do the same in our lives and our beloveds, the answer is NO. I know some of you think the way I do and support him but there are many who have loads of crap to say. For Example - One friend of mine said what is he doing since last 4 matches, not even made a Fifty. He was right in his thoughts, I understand but is it right to criticize THE MASTER if he failed in few matches, one out of them was a Run out and he was playing well in that Match.

I dont like Indian Captain because of what he speaks. No doubt he is THE BEST CAPTAIN, after DADA but he still need to learn how to get the BEST out of your Senior ost Player, who is a INSTITUTE in himself, half of the Cricketing World feels like Me. If you have got the No 1 rating for all those years, doesnt mean that you dont expect apprecaition, atleast from your Skipper. It alwayz motivates any player, no matter how Genuis he is. He should applaud MASTER's effort a bit more, if his words and time is not that Precious.

If 2nd Greatest Batsman does not fall short of Praising THE MASTER, every now and then, I dont think Indian Skipper, who have scored a Century after a year, should feel awkward of praising him. On the contrary he should feel privileged to do the same. When THE MASTER does not make A CENTURY in 3-4 matches, he goes "Top Order should Fire"

Is that the way you make THE BEST BATSMAN feel ?

Is this the way you get the best out of him ?

As a Skipper, NO ! If you still dont find players who collectively cant do the JOB which he has done for more than 10 years atleast (Years when India was One Man Army), you should not say so.

Feel Proud !

Well, I will keep on going and will still not give up. Its better I stop and just wait for MY MASTER to keep rubbing his boots on the faces of all those Loosers He like doing all that and I RZPKT it

Lets see some of his recent STATS -

In 2009,

He reached 17000 from 15000 in 47 innings and averaged 47.22 with a stike rate of 87.23. He scored 4 Centuries and 12 Half Centuries during this period. His runs tally from 12000 to 15000 came in 77 innings and he averaged 43.25 with a strike rate of 81.74. This means he has improved his average and strike rate in last couple of years during which he scored these 2000 runs.

Can anyone answer my one question - Is he getting Better or....?

Well, let me make it more clear

Morover, he averages THE BEST among all opener of all time. His average is 48.28 (2nd Best - Grondon Greenidge, 45.39) with strike rate 87.68 and he scored 41 CENTURIES and 71 Half Centuries (2nd Best - Our Very Own DADA, 19 Centuries and 58 Half Centuries).

If we talk about his current form - He scored 746 runs in only 16 innings he played in 2009 and averaged 53.28 with a strike rate of 94.43 He hit 3 Centuries and 1 Half Century this year. Just assume if he plays more than 30-35 odd matches like he alwayz did in past when he use to play all the matches India played, he will obviously SCORE around 1500 RUNS, which I guess can be still rated THE BEST as he Averages THE BEST in the whole world for current year. YES, I am not kidding, its surprising but its TRUE. He also has most 100s this year

Note: I dont consider DHONI's Average as he already got more NOs than THE MASTER.

Moreover, after playing only 16 innings, THE MASTER is 3rd Top Scorer for Team India, after Dhoni and Yuvraj, who scored 995 and 754 respectively, from 25 and 21 matches respectively.

I am not comparing that dhoni with MY MASTER Its just that some people tend to it and here is my answer. Lets see if anyone can do it for consecutive 5 YEARS, which Master is doing after 20 YEARS

He is a National Treasure !

I forgot to mention that he shares the No 1 Position for leading Century makers for 2009 with Watson and one Zimbabwe player but YES, he played only 16 innings which is almost half what other players like Ponting, etc have played this year.

POINT - There is still no COMPETITON OR COMPARISON

HE RULZ -------- ALL THE WAY --------

We will henceforth record his all innings in here. I hope I get support from THE LICC Members - If you LOVE Cricket, You gotta RZPKT THE MASTER. This way we can also keep this Community HAPPENING and LIVE by posting our views on our fav players and also posting views on the matches on the other forum. This forum is just for THE MASTER

We do have many things to feel proud of as A INDIAN, but this is the NATIONAL TREASURE which makes me feel SPECAIL I am PROUD and Privileged to call myself A INDIAN, one of the main reason is

SIR SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR !

Thanks for staying in MY HEART and making me feel on top of the WORLD.

My wishes are alwayz with you MASTER, no matter what

Who said what on Genius...

"He is 99.5 percent perfect. I'd pay to see him" - Viv Richards.

"It's scary, where the hell do we bowl to him" -Allan Border.

"There is no shame being beaten by such a great player, Sachin is perhaps only next to the Don” - Steve Waugh.

“You take Don Bradman away and he is next up I reckon” - Steve Waugh.

"There is no shame being beaten by such a great player. We didn't lose to Team India. We Lost to Sachin Tendulkar" -Steve Waugh.

“I still think Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world ahead of Steve Waugh and Lara” - Glenn McGrath.

"If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard" - Dennis Lillee.

"I'd like to see him go out and bat one day with a stump. I tell you he'd do okay" -Greg Chappell.

"He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease." - Greg Chappell

"Cricketers like Sachin come once in a lifetime and I am privileged he played in my time" - Wasim Akram.

"The pressure on me is nothing as compared to Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin, like God, must never fail. The crowd always expects him to succeed and it is too much pressure on him" -Mark Waugh.

"Everybody gets 15 minutes of fame. But if there's one person I've admired over a 15-year of period, it's definitely Sachin." - Brain Lara

“Sachin Tendulkar is a genius. I’m a mere mortal” - Brian Lara

"I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player" -Shane Warne.

“Destined to be a great” - Barry Richards.

“Sachin is cricket’s God” - Barry Richards.

"He has defined cricket in his fabulous, impeccable manner. He is to batting what Shane Warne is to bowling." - Richie Benaud

"He is Sachin Tendulkar. I hope he stays Sachin Tendulkar. We need a new player, a player in his own way. He has a technique which is the hallmark of a great player. Everything indicates that he will be a great player and I am sure he will prove me right. Reminds me of Barry Richards". - Eddie Barlow

"I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two... his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel" -Sir Donald Bradman.

"In an over I can bowl six different balls. But then Sachin looks at me with a sort of gentle arrogance down the pitch as if to say 'Can you bowl me another one?'" - Adam Hollioke

"You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket. His bat looks so heavy but he just waves it around like it's a toothpick? "-Brett Lee

"You have to decide for yourself whether you're bowling well or not. He's going to hit you for fours and sixes anyway?" -Micheal Kasprowicz

"Don't bowl him bad balls, he hits the good ones for fours" - Michael Kasprowicz.

"Technically, you can't fault Sachin. Seam or spin, fast or slow ? Nothing is a problem?" -Geoffrey Boycott.

"His life seems to be stillness in a frantic world... [When he goes out to bat], it is beyond chaos - it is a frantic appeal by a nation to one man. The people see him as a God... ?" Mathew Hayden, on Sachin Tendulkar.

"I have seen GOD , he bats at no.4 for india in Test." - Mathew Hayden

"He's a phenomenon. We have to be switched on when he plays allow him no boundries, for then he doesn't stop" - Mark Taylor

This one is not by any legend, but some fans:

"Commit all your crimes when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed because even the Lord Is watching" - Placard at the SCG as Sachin was making his century, January 2008

Sachin Tendulkar has been the most complete batsman of his time, and arguably the biggest cricket icon as well. His batting is based on the purest principles: perfect balance, economy of movement, precision in stroke-making, and that intangible quality given only to geniuses, anticipation. If he doesn't have a signature stroke - the upright, back-foot punch comes close - it is because he is equally proficient in each of the full range of orthodox shots (and plenty of improvised ones as well) and can pull them out at will.

Some of his finest performances have come against Australia, the overwhelmingly dominant team of his era. His century as a 19-year old on a lightning fast pitch at the WACA is considered one of the best innings ever to have been played in Australia. A few years later he received the ultimate compliment from the ultimate batsman when Don Bradman confided to his wife that Tendulkar reminded him of himself.

Blessed with the keenest of cricket minds, and armed with a loathing for losing, Tendulkar set about doing what it took to become one of the best batsmen in the world. Tendulkar's greatness was established early: he was only 16 when he made his Test debut. He was hit on the mouth by Waqar Younis but continued to bat, in a blood-soaked shirt. His first Test hundred, a match-saving one at Old Trafford, came when he was 17, and he had 16 Test hundreds before he turned 25. In 2000 he became the first batsman to have scored 50 international hundreds, in 2008 he passed Brian Lara as the leading Test run-scorer and in the following years, he crossed 13,000 runs and 30,000 international runs.

He currently holds the record for most hundreds in both Tests and ODIs - remarkable, considering he didn't score his first ODI hundred till his 79th match. Incredibly, he retains a divine enthusiasm for the game, and he seems to be untouched by age: at 36 years and 306 days he broke a 40-year barrier by scoring the first double-century in one-day cricket. It now seems inevitable that he will become the first cricketer to score 100 international hundreds, which like Bradman's batting average, could last for ever.

Tendulkar's considerable achievements seem greater still when looked at in the light of the burden of expectations he has had to bear from his adoring but somewhat unreasonable followers, who have been prone to regard anything less than a hundred as a failure. The aura may have dimmed, if only slightly, as the years on the international circuit have taken their toll on the body, but Tendulkar remains, by a distance, the most worshipped cricketer in the world.

Archived