πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹TENNIS Thread | Oct/Nov/Dec 2023 | ATP Finals πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹

Husker

14 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Aa courts decide chese vadu joker fan la unnadu

iltanti issue last year women's vs men's ochinapudu.. Wimbledon officials released a statement.. it isn't about Federer... they might have thought match would be pretty one sided.. and other two matches had all four star players and could be close games which gives spectators best match to watch.. Delpo vs Nadal, Joker vs Nishi are bigger matches than Federer facing Anderson.. more than the court, it wasn't his day... ah comeback evadu expect cheyyadu after 2 sets down against Federer..Β ?

Β 

Star quality decides court allocation, say Wimbledon officials

Venus Williams and home favorite Johanna Konta were the only two leading women to have their matches on Centre Court or Court One on β€œManic Monday”, when all 16 fourth-round matches are played. Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic all got top billing.

Some of the women players β€œdemoted” to the lesser courts were less than impressed about their treatment.

β€œI was really surprised that I was playing on Court Two,” said world number one and top seed Angelique Kerber after she lost to Spanish 14th seed Garbine Muguruza.

β€œI think it was a good match on a high level, I was actually looking forward to playing on one of the two big courts. Maybe I will talk to them.”

Newly-crowned French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko said: β€œI think I deserve to play on a better court than Court 12.

β€œ(Opponent) Elina (Svitolina) is number four in the world. I think our match was a very interesting one for the people to watch.”

After winning her match on Court Three, twice grand slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova added: β€œI have not played on Court One or Centre Court the whole tournament, though I understand why Johanna Konta is there, it’s England and they have to put their product there.”

Former champion Chris Evert also weighed in.

β€œIt’s equal prize money so why not equal representation on Centre Court and Court number One?,” she said.

β€œI would like to see it three and three, and I think any woman would like to see it that way.”

Asked about the scheduling, Wimbledon chief executive Richard Lewis said: β€œYou’ve got this fantastic era for men’s tennis. There have been years where the women have outshone the men but at the moment it’s very hard to argue beyond the big four - Djokovic, Murray, Nadal and Federer - being on Centre Court and Court One.

β€œI absolutely respect Angelique Kerber is number one in the world, Muguruza is a former finalist, grand slam winner but we are spoilt for choice. There are matches on two and three today that would grace Centre Court on any other day.

β€œI wouldn’t say it’s favoritism. I’d just say it’s taking the marquee matches. In the end it’s not about male/female, it’s about which matches you think are the ones the public and the broadcasters would like to see. It’s about who are the star players at the time.”

Not all women players were upset by the scheduling either and Magdalena Rybarikova risked a frosty locker-room reception.

β€œTo be honest, I enjoy watching more men’s tennis,” she said.

β€œI think also for the spectators it’s more enjoyable to watch - because it’s huge names like Federer and Murray and I think they deserve to be on Centre Court,” the Slovakian said after winning her fourth-round match on Court 18.

β€œSometimes girls win 6-1 6-2 and I don’t know if it is for spectators, but sometimes it’s boring.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tennis-wimbledon-courts/star-quality-decides-court-allocation-say-wimbledon-officials-idUSKBN19V28Q

Edited by Kiran Edara

Just now, Kiran Edara said:

iltanti issue last year women's vs men's ochinapudu.. Wimbledon officialsο»Ώ released a statement.. it isn't about Federerο»Ώ... they might haveο»Ώο»Ώ ο»Ώthought match would pretty one sided.. and other two matches had all four star players and could be close ο»Ώgames which givesο»Ώ spectators best match to watch.. Delpo vs Nadal, Jokerο»Ώ vsο»Ώο»Ώ Nishi are bigger ο»Ώmatches than Federerο»Ώο»Ώ facing Anderson.. more than the court, it wasn't his day... ah comeback evadu expect cheyyadu after 2 sets down against Federer..Β ?

Β 

Star quality decides court allocation, say Wimbledon officials

Venus Williams and home favorite Johanna Konta were the only two leading women to have their matches on Centre Court or Court One on β€œManic Monday”, when all 16 fourth-round matches are played. Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic all got top billing.

Some of the women players β€œdemoted” to the lesser courts were less than impressed about their treatment.

β€œI was really surprised that I was playing on Court Two,” said world number one and top seed Angelique Kerber after she lost to Spanish 14th seed Garbine Muguruza.

β€œI think it was a good match on a high level, I was actually looking forward to playing on one of the two big courts. Maybe I will talk to them.”

Newly-crowned French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko said: β€œI think I deserve to play on a better court than Court 12.

β€œ(Opponent) Elina (Svitolina) is number four in the world. I think our match was a very interesting one for the people to watch.”

After winning her match on Court Three, twice grand slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova added: β€œI have not played on Court One or Centre Court the whole tournament, though I understand why Johanna Konta is there, it’s England and they have to put their product there.”

Former champion Chris Evert also weighed in.

β€œIt’s equal prize money so why not equal representation on Centre Court and Court number One?,” she said.

β€œI would like to see it three and three, and I think any woman would like to see it that way.”

Asked about the scheduling, Wimbledon chief executive Richard Lewis said: β€œYou’ve got this fantastic era for men’s tennis. There have been years where the women have outshone the men but at the moment it’s very hard to argue beyond the big four - Djokovic, Murray, Nadal and Federer - being on Centre Court and Court One.

β€œI absolutely respect Angelique Kerber is number one in the world, Muguruza is a former finalist, grand slam winner but we are spoilt for choice. There are matches on two and three today that would grace Centre Court on any other day.

β€œI wouldn’t say it’s favoritism. I’d just say it’s taking the marquee matches. In the end it’s not about male/female, it’s about which matches you think are the ones the public and the broadcasters would like to see. It’s about who are the star players at the time.”

Not all women players were upset by the scheduling either and Magdalena Rybarikova risked a frosty locker-room reception.

β€œTo be honest, I enjoy watching more men’s tennis,” she said.

β€œI think also for the spectators it’s more enjoyable to watch - because it’s huge names like Federer and Murray and I think they deserve to be on Centre Court,” the Slovakian said after winning her fourth-round match on Court 18.

β€œSometimes girls win 6-1 6-2 and I don’t know if it is for spectators, but sometimes it’s boring.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tennis-wimbledon-courts/star-quality-decides-court-allocation-say-wimbledon-officials-idUSKBN19V28Q

uncle..intha paragraphs endukule...Anderson baaga adadu gelichadu..aa comeback next level....Odipoyaka andaru 100 reasons vethukutharu.. :child:

Just now, Kiran Edara said:

Congrats HD vancle for constant support for RaFa.. ee Epic ni fans list nundi lepi dobbandi..Β :buttkick:

Antha Mana manchike..Epic uncle reverse strategy lo untene best le..kalisochindi ?Β ?Β 

1 minute ago, prakhyat said:

uncle..intha paragraphs endukule...Anderson baaga adadu gelichadu..aa comeback next level....Odipoyaka andaru 100 reasons vethukutharu.. :child:

nenu rasindi oka para ne.. kindadantha copy paste news article.. courts assignment issue gurinchi..Β :dream:

1 minute ago, Yaswanth526 said:

L8 le bro last time manaku ayyindhi 4th round lo esari vallaki quarters lo ayyindhi

comedy gane vesa le uncle...everytime I hope for Rafa Vs Fed final..Nadal lekapothe Fed ke support..Anytime Nadal :no1:

• Husker changed the title to πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹TENNIS Thread | Oct/Nov/Dec 2023 | ATP Finals πŸŽΎβ€‹β€‹