Nice article by a NBK Fan

raavikp

(Greatandhra.com Note: This is the mail sent by Mr Krishna Reddy, the fan of Balakrishna. We publish here as it carries substance)

Dear Editor,

My name is Krishna Reddy, currently I'm living in U.S. and I'm a native of Kurnool district. I regularly follow Greatandhra. I'm a big fan of Nandamuri Bala Krishna from my childhood. I used to watch all his movies on the first day and I'm eagerly waiting for Pandurangadu.

I recently got offended by an article which came in Greatandhra which states that only the person belonging to hero's caste are becoming fans presidents. I don't know about other heroes fans, But, please let me remind you that it is not true in NBK's case.

Currently, Balayya's active fans associations presidents are Sharma, Tiwary, Tilak, Khaadar, Namburi Sathish, Sudhakar Naidu, Manohar Reddy etc and these people span across various regions and various castes. Also in the fans state committee, out of 6 people, 5 people are from different castes. These kind of articles hurt fans like me. Back home, when I was in India, I'm not at all aware of these since in my area, I haven't seen any one liking any hero based on the caste, not only for NBK but also with other heroes fans as well. Only, after coming to U.S. and that too reading in various forums, I understood that there are caste based fans in some parts of coastal districts. But, Balayya commands huge loyal fan following in Uttarandhra and Rayalaseema districts.

In my district, his caste presence is negligible and his fans mainly comprise Reddys and Backward castes.

In my district, he commands huge popularity in the following areas - Allagadda, NandiKotkuru, Pattikonda, Dhone, Adoni, Paanyam, Nandyala, Emmiganuru, Bethamcharla etc and in majority of these places, NBK is the first hero to have a movie which celebrated 100 days. I don't know if you are familiar with this, but in Chiranjeevi's home town Mogalthuru, NBK is the first hero to celebrate 100 days (Narasimha Naidu), till then Chiranjeevi himself didn't had a 100 days movie there. Similarly, Balayya's Maatho Pettukoku is the first movie to celebrate 100 days in C.M YS.Rajasekhara Reddy's hometown Pulivendula. This is just an example of NBK's majestic pull in B and C centers irrespective of caste and region.

Also, if you look at his career, he doesn't have a mentor or guide and he does movie selection by following his heart. From beginning of his career and till date, he worked more with producers and directors of other communities. As we all know, the man who is hugely responsible for Balayya's blockbusters and following in rural areas is S.Gopal Reddy who gave blockbusters like Mangamma Gari Manavadu, Muddula Krishnayya, Muvva Gopaludu and Muddula Mavayya. Gopal Reddy Garu is the next dearest person to all Balayya's fans after Balayya. Coming to direction, the director who made maximum movies with Balayya is A. Kodandaramireddy. After Kodanda Rami Reddy, Balayya made more movies with Kodi RamaKrishna and B.Gopal.

Also his regular producers span across various communities - Rajeeva Reddy of Raajeeva Productions who produced Raktabhishekam and Dharma Khestram. Also, T.Trivikrama Rao of Kapu community made Rowdy Inspector and Bobbilisimham Addala Chanti and Srinivasa Reddy made Pavitra Prema and Krishna Babu. Also, Sridevi movies Prasad who is a relative of S.P. Balasubramanyam made Aditya 369, Vamsanikokkadu and Bhalevadivi Basu. Similarly, he respected elders of his father's generation and worked with them. Rao Gopala Rao made Bhargava Ramudu and Lorry Driver with Balayya. Similarly Chalapathi Rao made Kaliyuga Krishnudu and Kaikala Satyanarayana made Muddula Mogudu.

He personally helped veteran producer M.S.Reddy and gave call sheets for Vamsoddharakudu thus bailing him out of financial crisis. Even now, M.S.Reddy shows that gratitude to NBK when ever they meet in any function. At the same time, if you look at his career in the recent past, he didn't give call sheets to the popular producers like Aswani Dutt, Devivara Prasad, Ramanaidu, R.B.Chowdary etc of his community.

At the same time, he recently introduced the following producers Chengala Venkata Rao(Samara Simha Reddy) and Konda Krishnam Raju(Vijayendra Varma) who are not from his community to Tollywood. He goes by his heart, doesn't follow any equations and is not a diplomatic person. He doesn't know the publicity gimmicks and cheap tricks and that's the reason he doesn't find good patronage in the media.

But some times you wrote very good articles related to his fan following and straight forwardness and thanks a lot for that. The reason I had to put in all this since, many times I felt bad by some of the articles which show him and his fans in bad light related to caste. I agree with you that there might be some people but not everyone and, definitely not the fans of Uttarandhra, Telangana and Rayalaseema areas.

I hope Greatandhra continues to entertain all Telugu people across the world and I hope and pray God that NBK should deliver a successful movie with Pandurangadu.

Archived