Mind of the Common Audience

RamKe

The common audience/the independents are the people that form the majority in any polarized field (politics, films, etc...)

Especially in respect to films, directors try to satisfy them by continuing with the current trends.

The TFI falls into these trends every-time an influential movie comes out thats lapped up by the common audience.

(Magadheera helped later create many over-budgeted films based on graphical/technical gimmicks with null content)

(Dhee, Ready, and the recent Dookudu proved that comedy is king/current trend. A few laughs from a few decent situations/confrontations is all thats needed for the common audience to come to the theater)

My father who represents the common audience saw both Racha, and Dhammu. While he wasn't over enthusiastic about Racha his reaction was that the comedy was good in the 1st half, and overall it was a decent film. Positive vibes. He hated Dhammu. He was shocked that films based on gore/fights were still being made. However. his first reaction was that there was no comedy.

While expectations played a major role, in fact it was this trend of comedy which influenced talks for both films.

Racha, and Dhammu were both Average films from the content perspective, but Racha got above average talk due to its comedy quotient, and Dhammu suffered from Below Average talk due to its lack of.

Final Conclusion: Unless as a director/hero your 110% confident your film will be trendsetting, and influence the TFI for years to come.. please stick to the trends and aim for safety.

From the scripting stage alone, focus on the elements that the common audience expect, and just satisfy them.

Intelligent Dirs like VVV manage to survive by just adapting themselves as they see fit, and surrounding themselves with the people that can help. (Kona Venkat for Adurs vs. Chinni Krishna for Badrinath).

There will come a point where the common audience will start to shun the once popular trend, but by that time an influential movie will release, and the pattern will continue with a new trend.

The directors/heros of films which go against the trend should not be disheartened.

Just because their films did not get the revenue/recognition they should have from the content.. doesn't mean they never will

With the rise of the small screen, films which were flops/hailed as crap are now enjoying tremendous popularity/ creating buzz for the actors in intervals.

The small screen doesn't suffer from a ticket price, trends, reviews, or talks.

Athadu which was a box office flop/disaster (in some regions).. is now being hailed as a masterful film due to Maa TV. mahesh fans, and the majority of the common audience have all together forgotten its flop status.. and beleive it was a hit film.

Dhammu WILL RISE AGAIN ANOTHER DAY. TRUST ME.

IT HAD SOME POWERFUL/REALLY GOOD SCENES.. BUT IT WENT AGAINST THE TREND AND DID NOT GO AS FAR AS IT SHOULD HAVE.. I.E 40C (it stopped at around 35).

ne pichi gaani e sodi antha evudu saduvutahdu.. gun shot... say the matter in two lines..

none are intereste to read pages of info even though u type it in APA format photo-thumb-34756.jpg?_r=1339194005

you would be surprised passport. Not everyone comes to the DB to kill time posting gifs like you.

The main reason people recognize "ramke" outside the DB are due to these large posts.

But in any case, I apologize (as usual) for being wordy. Good Day.

you would be surprised passport. Not everyone comes to the DB to kill time posting gifs like you.

The main reason people recognize "ramke" outside the DB are due to these large posts.

But in any case, I apologize (as usual) for being wordy. Good Day.

thanks man , but my suggestion is to summarize.. rather than keeping all your analysis here .. atleast in second post .. for guys like me .. photo-thumb-34756.jpg?_r=1339194005

:shakehands:

good work by the by.. i read it all through ..

in eaqrly 1990s.. the success mantra of a film is carried over to 3 or 4 other.. but now a days its confined to only 1 movie.. the scenes or story lines are not to be repated .. even though the movie is good it may not fare well :shakehands:

Archived