Reliance takes over Annapurna Studios

Jagannath

eliance MediaWorks, Anil Ambani-led film and entertainment company, which has sizeable presence in Bollywood studios, theatres and distribution, is now looking to gain a foothold in the southern film industry.

In a deal which has the characteristics of the hotel industry, the company is taking over the management of Hyderabad-based Annapurna Studios owned by veteran Telugu actor Akkineni Nageswar Rao’s family.

“This is a first of its kind deal in the film industry. We will be able to expand our presence to Telugu film industry, which is second biggest in the country after Bollywood,” Anil Arjun, CEO of Reliance MediaWorks, told DNA Money.

http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report_reliance-media-takes-over-hyderabad-studio_1601390

I read it as a management handover (51% stake), yet Akineeni family will still have they stake in it.

stakes teskodaniki reliance emana other country company aa....utti foreign companies ki 49% max stake teskune right untundi....ikkada companies either bindover or else end to end business chestay anthe..ther's no word of stake..

eliance MediaWorks, Anil Ambani-led film and entertainment company, which has sizeable presence in Bollywood studios, theatres and distribution, is now looking to gain a foothold in the southern film industry.

In a deal which has the characteristics of the hotel industry, the company is taking over the management of Hyderabad-based Annapurna Studios owned by veteran Telugu actor Akkineni Nageswar Rao’s family.

“This is a first of its kind deal in the film industry. We will be able to expand our presence to Telugu film industry, which is second biggest in the country after Bollywood,” Anil Arjun, CEO of Reliance MediaWorks, told DNA Money.

http://www.dnaindia....-studio_1601390

I must say ... I'm disappointed in Nagarjuna. Its a move without soul. Then again, what do I know ... he is the business man. It must have made some 'business sense'. Good for him. I wonder how ANR feels about this.

Archived