Facts about loosing game in 11 centuries of sachin

The Ghost

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muthiah Muralitharan: "I have played a lot of cricket against Tendulkar compared to what I have played against Lara. While both are difficult to bowl to, I think Lara plays me better than Tendulkar. That Lara is a left-hander is an advantage to him, but the great thing about him is he launches into the attack straightaway. He uses his feet well against me while Tendulkar relies more on the sweep, I feel. I find Lara tougher."

Wasim Akram: "I have bowled to both Tendulkar and Lara and I have found Lara more attacking. Tendulkar has a tighter technique, no doubt, but Lara can single-handedly win the game for his team. I am not saying Tendulkar cannot do it but Lara has maybe done it more often than him. If you are asking me who the best batsman I have bowled to is, then it's not Tendulkar and not Lara as well. It's Martin Crowe... he was an amazing batsman. Regarding Tendulkar and Lara, I would love to have both in my team! Who wouldn't?"

Lara wins Sachin hands down in many aspects ...I can think of only one aspect where Sachin is better , that is consistency, Sachin is rock solid most of the times !

Please watch Lara batting style , I bet u never could have seen such elegance in any other batsman of this generation !

He is the most stylish batsman of this era !

Lara could pile up runs against any bowler in this world and his agrressiveness is blended with grace like noone else !  

He had singlehandedly ripped apart many many teams

Sachin can never score a 300 in tests .....

we cannot just judge a batsman by the number of runs he has scored, but the number of times his runs has caused to the victory of his team. In these aspects its truely clear that Lara, Ponting and even Inzamam is well ahead of Sachin. Its clear that sachin is not a great match winning batsman as Lara and Ponting. Ofcourse Sachin has won matches for India, but has always flopped in the big stages, where Lara and Ponting has excelled.

Some more statics of sachin. some people still talking that he is not a good performer against great teams such as Australia etc

here are some facts

out of his 54 man of the matches.

10 Vs australia, among that 10,  5 in india, 5 in abroad.

2 Vs Englad       among those2,  1 in inida, 1 in abroad,

5 Vs NewZeland among those5,  4 in inida,  1 in abroad,

6 Vs Pakistan among those6,     1 in India, 5 in abroad,

4 vs South Africa among those4, 3 in india  1 in abroad,

5 vs Sreelanka among those 5,  1 in inda,  4 in abroad,

9 vs WestIndies among those 9 3 in india  6 in abroad,

In my view above mentioned teams are stronger teams I dont how others feel,

out of 54 he got man of the matches he got 41 man of the matches against greatest teams. and remaing 13 were on the weaker teams.

among those 41. 18 man of the matches were in india.23 were in abroad

facts are like this but I dont know from where these people collect that information. sachin played well against weeker teams. he can play very well in india only.

he may play well in india because this is home country.everyone has own grip on their own places. but his performance is also great in abroad.

see the number of man of the matches telling that fact.

he got 18 man of the matches in india and 23 out of india.

2.Scoring Against weaker Oppostions 19/07/2006 08:50

This can happen in India only..

People remembers 152 against Namibia and forgets 98 against Pakistan in WorldCup

People remembers 248 against Bangladesh and forgets his 7 centuries against World Champions Australia [4 in their own den]..

Only one century against Bangladesh and share the honour of scoring test century against each test playing nation wid Dravid,Ponting and Garry Kristen...No one talk about other 3 batsman scored centuries against Bangladesh..then why the fuss for Sachin??

quotes on sachin by famous cricketers

i think this thread can be used for sharing quotes on the master....so go on and share what u know of the famous quotes on sachin...here are a few:

Don Bradman: I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...hi compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel!

Wasim Akram: has predicted that Sachin Tendulkar will easily break all international batting records. "He has everything a top batsman needs. Tendulkar is a classic example of a player being so good that his age is an irrelevance" Akram says in his autobiography titled "Wasim". He also stated a number of examples when he and his team were frustrated by Tendulkar's batting prowess.

David Boon: "Technically he stands out as the best because of his ability to increase the pace at will".

Ted Dexter: (who chaired the panel, the Coopers & Lybrand award as the International Test player of the year) "This year Tendulkar has been the batsman nobody wanted to bowl at. He took Shane Warne apart in India, which illustrates his genius."

M. L. Jaisimha: "The more I see of him the more confused I'm getting to which is his best knock."

Cricket Historian Vasant Raiji: "I have always felt C. K. Nayadu was the best. I now think Sachin has the honour of being the most outstanding batsman of all time."

Mike Selvey: "Tendulkar is the supreme right-hander on the planet, a focussed technician who offers a counterpoint to Brian Lara's more eye-catching destruction."

Jeff Thompson: "Sachin is an attacker. He has much more power than Sunny. He wants to be the one to set the pace. He has to be on top. That's the buzz about him."

Dennis Lillee: "If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard."

Asif Iqbal: (after India won at Sharjah) "He has given a new dimension to batting. Such dominance can

Steve Waugh: "You take Don Bradman away and he is next up I reckon."

Shane Warne: "I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player."

Kasprowicz: "Don't bowl him bad balls, he hits the good ones for fours."

Steve Waugh: (after being defeated in the Coca-Cola Cup finals in Sharjah) "It was one of the greatest innings I have ever seen. There is no shame being beaten by such a great player, Sachin is perhaps only next to the Don''.

Adam Hollioke: "In an over I can bowl six different balls. But then Sachin looks at me with a sort of gentle arrogance down the pitch as if to say 'Can you bowl me another one?'"

Shane Warne: "When it comes to judging the best among these fabulous band of batsmen, my vote goes to Tendulkar. He has an uncanny ability to come out on top under different circumstances and under different conditions, whether it is Test cricket or one-day internationals. And more importantly, he has done this so young. "

Allan Border: (after India won the Coca-Cola cup in Sharjah) "Hell, if he stayed, even at 11 an over he would have got it."

Greg Chappell: "He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease.

Mark Waugh: Sachin's better; Lara is more risky outside the off stump.

Shane Warne: Nothing affects Sachin, Brian lets things bother him.

Steve Waugh: In history Sachin will go down as second to Bradman.

Warne: You have to decide for yourself whether you're bowling well or not. He's going to hit you for fours and sixes anyway. Kasprowicz has a superior story. During the Bangalore Test, frustrated, he went to Dennis Lillee and asked, "Mate, do you see any weaknesses?" Lillee replied, "No Michael, as long as you walk off with your pride that's all you can do."

Paul Strang: "What we (Zimbabwe) need is 10 Tendulkars."

Australian Media: "The most exciting batsman of his time because he finds the right balance between reason and passion, technique and power, nerves and placement and judgement that applies to all tastes."

Sachin Tendulkar: "One should not compare me with anyone. I have my own shots and the way I go out to play. I have my own game and the way to score runs.''

Ravi Shastri: "We always knew that Sachin Tendulkar is a great cricketer, but after the Coca-Cola Cup here, we have seen the birth of a legend. I can't think of anybody who has batted more authoritatively in one day cricket for India, or even in the world except for Vivian Richards."

Sachin Tendulkar: "When I'm in the middle, the only thing that comes to mind is that I'm a batsman and the team expects something from me and I should be able to live up to my teammates' expectations."

Ajay Jadeja: (after India entered the Coca-Cola cup final in Sharjah) "I can't dream of an innings like that. He exists where we can't."

Rahul Dravid: "Playing in the same team as Sachin is a huge honour. His balance of mind, shrewd judgement, modesty and, above all, his technical brilliance make him my all-time hero."

Navjot Sidhu: "His mind is like a computer. He stores data on bowlers and knows where they are going to pitch the ball."

Mohinder Amarnath: "A complete batsman- he's the best in the business."

Prof. R. Shetty, Secretary MCA: "We are proud to possess him due to his commitment to Mumbai and Indian cricket."

Raj Singh, President Cricket Board: "I was very impressed the first time I saw him bat as a little boy at the Cricket Club of India."

Lalchand Rajput, Former Mumbai captain: "Even as a teenager he always seemed very focused and alert on the field. He learnt his lessons fast."

@Kasprowicz

"Don't bowl him bad balls, he hits the good ones for fours."--Michael Kasprowicz, referring to Sachin Tendulkar

Hashim Amla

"Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it."

Hashim Amla, the South African batsman, reassures himself as he boards a flight

@Warne again(Sachi is his nightmare for sure)

"Sachin Tendulkar is, in my time, the best player without doubt - daylight second, Brian Lara third."

Shane Warne delights the Indian press with his views on batting greats of this era

David Boon

"Technically he stands out as the best because of his ability to increase the pace at will"

Mama jaibalu mama, iraga deesavule asalaki.

vaallu oka mata annaru choodu, sachin weeker teams meede score chesi strike retu penchukunnadu ani. akkade telisi potavundhi, vallaki  sachin gurinchi telisindi emi ledu ani.

sachin 42 centuries 5 centuries matrame weaker teams meeda chesadu, idhi kooda teliyakunda sachinni gurinchi bad ga rayadam undhe ade pedda comedy asalaki.

:D :D :D :Dsudhakar mama vaters ki keka answers ichav ........ kani nenu ponting sachin comparision gurinchi em matlatadanu.......... nenu pakka aussies fan ........ ind vs ausies adatante ........ sachin batting varuku chusta ante intrsetgaaaaaaaaaa.....

Archived