Yamadonga audio launched: Telugucinema

pandu111

True to the film's grandeur and uniqueness, music of Yamadonga was launched in a splendid manner. NTR's mother first time making public appearance, Mohan Babu and Dasari's inimitable speeches, Ali providing comic relief, NTR's energetic presence and Priyamani in her scintillating attire were some of the major attractions at the audio launch ceremony.

The music was launched on Saturday night (July 14, 2007) at Marriot Hotel, Hyderabad. Dasari Narayana Rao and K Raghavendra Rao unveiled the audio albums from look-a-like of bowls of boiling oils.

Hero Ravi Ravi Teja, directors Puri Jagannadh, V V Vinayak, Bhaskar and Surender Reddy, heroines Priyamani, Archana and Mamata Mohandas, Ramya Krishna, cameraman Senthil Kumar, music director Keeravani, Rama Rajamouli, Sri Valli, writer M Rathnamm, Vijayendra Prasad and others graced the stage.

Mohan Babu

Without referring Chiranjeevi's name, Mohan Babu said I kept one person in mind when I delivered this dialogue in the film - " Nyayanaiki, Anyanaiki, Dharmaniki Adharmaniki Sangarshana Jariginappudu Godameeda Pilli La Batike Vaadiki Narakamalo Sala Sala Kage Nunello Veyyadame Siksha.." (When clash arises between law and unlawfulness, the person who sits on the fense will go to hell and will be burned in the boiling oils)

Apart from his usual Chiranjeevi bickering, Mohan Babu brought the entire house down with his inimitable style of narration and dramatic speech. He informed that when he asked Rajamouli to do a film for him, Rajamouli said he won't do it. He jokingly referred Rajamouli that he has aped some of his Guru Raghavendra Rao's qualities.

"When Raghavendra Rao wants things to be done from his actors, he always smiles. Likewise when Rajamouli wanted to make for shoot even after 6pm, he used to come to me and enquire about whether I needed food. He would try to keep me in jolly mood," he said.

"In my 33 years of acting career, I had never attended any film function in which I have not played lead role. This is the first time that I am attending. I came here only for two reasons - the director Rajamouli and Tarak (NTR).

In my opinion, Rajamouli is combination of talents of Dasari and K Raghavendra Rao. I feel proud to be associated in such great technician's film. I myself was a technician. Before turning actor, I did apprenticeship in direction department for six months. So I always respect technicians. Rajamouli will become one of the greatest directors in Telugu.

Regarding Tarak, I should not praise him because he is like my son. But his acting talents are surprised me. There was a scene in the film where he had to say a lengthy dialogue. I was stunned by his delivery of that lengthy dialogue. After the scene I had immediately called Tarak's mother and told my joy. Yamadonga will become big hit and bring Tarak great success."

NTR with his mother Shalini

NTR

"I always told everyone that I have two brothers - Vinayak and Rajamouli. They are like my family. We all had begun our careers at the same time. When my first film, Ninu Choodalani, flopped, I was unsure of my career. Then Raghavendra Rao gaaru and Ashwinidutt gaaru came forward to make Student No.1 with Rajamouli. Even after the film's shooting finished, I was not sure of director's talent. I sincerely apologize for it now. He gave me two hits - Student No.1 and Simhadri. Vinayak on the other hand gave me Aadi. But till now I could not enjoy the success of Simhadri because after that all my films were flopped. My fans could not relate to any of the successive movies due to Simhadri. With Yamadonga, I am sure that the drought ends.

When I was shooting for Raakhi, Rama Rajamouli gaaru came to me and asked me to shed my weight. She told me that I should lose weight immensely. Rajamouli said he wanted to present me completely different so I ought to lose the flab. The entire credit for my slim and trim look goes to them. My fans and I have immense faith in Rajamouli's talents. So I didn't ask him story, I did whatever he said.

Vinayak praised me about my dance steps in the film but that credit should go to choreographer Prem Rakshit. After Prabhudeva and Lawrence, he is going to be next big thing. I am too small person to speak about M M Keeravani. He is great music director and his music rocks.

From my childhood, I have great liking for movies. After my grandfather NTR and uncle Balakrishna's movies, I used to watch Mohan Babu Uncle's movies a lot. From his Assembly Rowdy to Rayalaseema Ramanna Chowdhary, I had enjoyed everything. I will forever remain indebt to him for his love and affection on me."

Dasari

"When I look at the dais, I am glad that today's directors have such healthy relationship. Like we had good relationship at our time, these directors are bonding well. It is good sign for Telugu film industry. Raghavendra Rao and I have great relationship between us for past 35 years and this would continue. When he made blockbuster Adavi Ramudu, I wanted to deliver bigger hit than his and made Bobbilipuli. And Raghavendra Rao wanted to excel and made Kondaveeti Simham. Then I made Sardar Paparayudu. Such was our professional competition but we always had good friendship.

Rajamouli, Vinayak and Puri all are having good relations. I am very happy with that. Rajamouli told me the story. Until now, on Telugu screen such experiment has not done! It is a beautiful script. It has many surprising elements and entertaining moments. It has good music too. After Ramesh Naidu, Keeravani is one Telugu music director who came on to the scene like a force and created a mark. We should be proud to have such an immensely talented Telugu music director.

Tarak has energy and fire to do something. I liked his Raakhi. His acting in the film was amazing. He is the only hope for directors to plan films like what his grandfather did. Mohan Babu is like my son. I am proud to say that he is the only actor in Telugu who can do any kind of roles.

Rajamouli

"This is my third film with Tarak. With Tarak, I don't feel excited as he gives whatever expression I ask, however the tougher one it is. When I planned an entertainer with him, I had difficult task at interval bang. After conceiving a lengthy dialogue scene at the interval I was confirmed that it is going to be hit. That scene will become highlight. NTR reminds us of his grandfather. I should apologize for Mohan Babu gaaru for not able to do a film for him when he offered. When I approached him for this role, he didn't keep anything in mind. My brother Keeravani has given good numbers but more than that his re-recording is core to the film. After Ilayaraja he is best in re-recording and brings life to the film."

Keeravani

The film has many specialties. Daler Mehendi sang a song. It is his first South Indian film. NTR and Mamata Mohandas sang remixed number, "O Lammi Tikkareginda.."(Yamagola). Five mass numbers are beautifully written by young and budding writer Anantha Sriram.

The film won't have blood and gore. It is an entertainer like Gundamma Katha or Appu Chesi Pappu Koodu.

During the shooting of Major Chandrakant, I met late NTR. He always cares for other persons and their well-being. Tarak has similar qualities, I like him for that than his stardom or his acting talents. Regarding Mohan Babu gaaru, I want to say one thing he is real hero off screen too. I spent him for a week and after that I became very brave.

Ravi Teja

For Rajamouli and NTR together this is hat-trick film. This is double hat-trick for Rajamouli as director. I wish them a great success.

Priyamani

I like to say it was my good fortune to act in this film. It is going to be superhit. Keeravani sir has given wonderful music. I thank Rajamouli sir for giving me the great chance. Taraka and Mamata also sang very well. It was a great fun to work with them. The entire crew is so good. We had a lot of fun doing the film.

Mamata Mohandas

I am so happy that I am running short of words to express my joy and feelings. It is a hit film, that is granted. I must say each song in the film is so exquisite. I am also thankful to Keeravani sir for making me render a song in it. I am looking forward to meet all of you celebrating the success of the film.

Archana

I played Menaka role in the film. I loved all the songs. Even before we were actually shooting for, we began grooving for the music.

Ramya Krishna

This is a super hit film. I am waiting and eager to see the movie on screen.

Puri Jagannadh

"Rajamouli narrated me the story few months ago. I told him then that it would be super hit. I cannot reveal some points but it has lots of surprise elements. First I feared that Mohan Babu gaaru would overtake NTR but after seeing a dialogue both of them had done competitively. There is one dialogue that only NTR can tell. No one can do that."

Vinayak

"I have seen two songs in the film. The dances were mind boggling. Only NTR alone can do such songs. He is marvelous. Mohan Babu gaaru doing the film itself is a sign for the film's success. In one scene Tarak (NTR) reminded us of his grandfather Late NTR. Keeravani's music is superb."

Archived