BEST QUOTES ON SACHIN

I saw him playing on television andwas struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him.Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing muchthe same as I used to play, and shelooked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...hi compactness, technique, stroke production... it allseemed to gel! in reference to Sachin Tendulkar.

- Sir Don Bradman

He is Sachin Tendulkar. I hope he stays Sachin Tendulkar. We need a new player, a player in his own way. He has a technique which is the hallmark of a great player. Everything indicates that he will be a great player and I am sure he willprove me right. Reminds me of Barry Richards.

- Eddie Barlow

He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease.

- Greg Chappell

I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player.

- Shane Warne

I think he is marvellous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he's 99.5% perfect.

- Viv Richards on Sachin Tendulkar

Today, he showed the world why he is considered the best batsman around. Some of the shots he played were simply amazing. Earlier, opposing teams used to feel that Sachin's dismissal meant they could win the game. Today, I feel that the Indian players, too, feel this way.

- Wasim Akram

Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives.

- BBC Sports, on Sachin Tendulkar

I Was fielding in the covers Tendulkar came out to bat in his debut Test at Karachi. I still remember Waqar Younis was at his peak form at that time. Tendulkar tried to drive Waqar through the covers off his very firstball in Test cricket but was beaten all ends up. But I walked to captainImran Khan and told him 'this kid looks very good' and Imran agree with me.

- Abdul Qadir

You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket. His bat looks so heavy but he just waves it around like it'sa toothpick.

- Brett Lee, on Sachin Tendulkar's batting, 1999

Archived