Mohan Babu discouraged me : Manchu Lakshmi

Gana Yaswanth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc3TD9oAmx8&feature=player_embedded

Manchu Lakshmi Prasanna, the invigorate daughter of Mohan Babu is on the way to achieve success as an artist with her first film 'Anaganaga O Dheerudu.' Lakshmi plays the negative role of an ill tempered witch in the movie with more screen time than that of hero Siddharth and heroine Shruti Hassan.

Sharing the experiences after entering the Telugu industry, Lakshmi Prasanna breached a secret about Mohan Babu and K Raghavendra Rao.

"Director of the movie Prakash suggested me to take the negative role in the film and I agreed. Dad Mohan Babu and Raghavendra Rao uncle discouraged me not to go for it. Once I completed Jhummandi Naadam, I don't want to hear them and started working for Anaganaga Oka Dheerudu. Both of them are very sweet persons in my life but I don't know the reason why they tried to pull me back from this project. I am lucky now because daddy is giving precious suggestions in dialogue delivery every day. This will be the magnificent movie and a good start for my career as an artist," says Lakshmi.

A basic finding is that premier family names in our industry always discouraged their ladies from evolving as artists and Lakshmi is the first girl to come out breaking the customary jinx.

Archived