Interesting argument regarding Dussera

King of the Kings

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ravanudu eemi vere culture ni nasanam cheyyalani ekkada chusadu mama ? Aswamedha yagam eedo chesevaru gaa gurrani vere rajyaniki pampi aa rajyam chejjikkinchukovadam edo chesevaru gaa. Lavakusa too godava kuda aa gurram vishayam lone anukuntagaa mama ?

actually yagnas paducheyyataaniki maricha,subahu etc tana cronies ni pampadu kada.

actually yagnas paducheyyataaniki maricha,subahu etc tana cronies ni pampadu kada.

I'm not sure if these are the facts, I see most of these instances in our puranas which are etched out to favour some and demonize others. Original Valmiki Ramayanam lo it clearly says that Rama didn't like the fact that his father send him to the forest. Kani manollu adi hide chesi, Rama heartfully went to the forest as per his father's wish antaru, just to elevate Rama's character. I think Ravana attacking Yagnas is not so believable, considering the fact that Ravana himself was very much a Vedic scholar.

I'm not sure if these are the facts, I see most of these instances in our puranas which are etched out to favour some and demonize others. Original Valmiki Ramayanam lo it clearly says that Rama didn't like the fact that his father send him to the forest. Kani manollu adi hide chesi, Rama heartfully went to the forest as per his father's wish antaru, just to elevate Rama's character. I think Ravana attacking Yagnas is not so believable, considering the fact that Ravana himself was very much a Vedic scholar.

naaku intakumundu valmiki ramayana teliyadu. but nuvvu annaka choosa. i didn't find what you said in this word to word translation of valmiki ramayana. go through ayodhyakanda (chapter17,18,19)and check for yourself.

http://valmikiramayan.net/index.html

dandakaranya lo vunnappudu rishis andaru rama ki cheppindi valla yagnas ni rakshasula nundi kapadamane kada. they were troubling them.

naaku intakumundu valmiki ramayana teliyadu. but nuvvu annaka choosa. i didn't find what you said in this word to word translation of valmiki ramayana. go through ayodhyakanda (chapter17,18,19)and check for yourself.

http://valmikiramayan.net/index.html

dandakaranya lo vunnappudu rishis andaru rama ki cheppindi valla yagnas ni rakshasula nundi kapadamane kada. they were troubling them.

Ade cheppedi contemporary times lo unna Ramayana translations anni aa fact ki cover chestay to glorify Rama. Kani original Sanskrit version lo ayite clear gaa undi antaru that Rama didn't like the fact that he ended up in the forest bcoz of his father. Refer to 35 slokas (poems) in 53rd sarga (chapter) of Ayodhyakanda in Valmiki Ramayana original. Again nijamgaa Ravanudu rakshasulatoo rishis ki champinchado leedo teliyadu, as I said that Ravana himself was a vedic scholar, its hard to believe in a logical sense. Kani chinnappati nundi Ramudu manchi vadu, Ravanudu rakshasudu ani demonise chesi manaku nooripostaru, aa notion ki question cheyyanivvaru kabatti, we tend to believe everything that was said to us and shown to us on TV.

Ade cheppedi contemporary times lo unna Ramayana translations anni aa fact ki cover chestay to glorify Rama. Kani original Sanskrit version lo ayite clear gaa undi antaru that Rama didn't like the fact that he ended up in the forest bcoz of his father. Refer to 35 slokas (poems) in 53rd sarga (chapter) of Ayodhyakanda in Valmiki Ramayana original. Again nijamgaa Ravanudu rakshasulatoo rishis ki champinchado leedo teliyadu, as I said that Ravana himself was a vedic scholar, its hard to believe in a logical sense. Kani chinnappati nundi Ramudu manchi vadu, Ravanudu rakshasudu ani demonise chesi manaku nooripostaru, aa notion ki question cheyyanivvaru kabatti, we tend to believe everything that was said to us and shown to us on TV.

this is a word to word translation of the original. so i believe it. 53rd chapter lo nuvvu cheppina part vundi. but i feel that he was just fearful of his parents' safety than anything else. thats why he tells lakshmana to go back and safeguard his parents. i don't read too much into it.

aranyakanda lo antha rakshasula gurinche kada. Ravana's "religion" is different from Rama's. At that time "Shaiva" and "Vaishnava" are two different religions. and religious practices were also different. these were two different warring tribes. no doubt about it.

historians say that valmiki did not write balakanda and uttarakanda in which rama is described as lord vishnu himself. in the other kandas rama is described as a hero and not as a god.

this is a word to word translation of the original. so i believe it. 53rd chapter lo nuvvu cheppina part vundi. but i feel that he was just fearful of his parents' safety than anything else. thats why he tells lakshmana to go back and safeguard his parents. i don't read too much into it. aranyakanda lo antha rakshasula gurinche kada. Ravana's "religion" is different from Rama's. At that time "Shaiva" and "Vaishnava" are two different religions. and religious practices were also different. these were two different warring tribes. no doubt about it. historians say that valmiki did not write balakanda and uttarakanda in which rama is described as lord vishnu himself. in the other kandas rama is described as a hero and not as a god.

I don't think its word to word. The site you gave clearly says 'This epic poem Ramayana is a smriti which is translated as "from memory". Given the antiquity of Srimad Valmiki Ramayana, there have been some interjected verses. Sometimes these verses can be contradicting.' Clearly it says its translated from memory and has verses added as required, forget about the contradictions :straightface:

Archived