#KAElection: SC to hear Congress petition at 1.45 am

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AG: Anti-defection law would come into force only after the MLAs are sworn in.

Justice Sikri and Bhushan: does that mean all the suitcase exchange is possible before they are sworn in? That's impermissible.

Ā 

???

Please dismiss this petition. They want an injunction to stop discharging function of one of the highest constitutional functionary. Larger questions is that can it be stalled?: Attorney General KK Venugopal, Centre's lawyer #KarnatakaElectionsKarnatakaStateElections2018.png

Ā 

It's Governor's job to invite to oath. President & Governor aren't answerable to any court. Court shouldn't stop a constitutional functionary in functioning of his official duties: Attorney General KK Venugopal, Centre's lawyer #KarnatakaElectionsKarnatakaStateElections2018.png

Just now, chanti149 said:

Verdict at 5 am...

Verdict: Supreme Court declines to stay the swearing in of BS Yeddyurappa. Case to be heard later and formation of government will depend on court's final decision.

Just now, prakhyat said:

Verdict: Supreme Court declines to stay the swearing in of BS Yeddyurappa. Case to be heard later and formation of government will depend on court's final decision.

Adedni mari india today lice channel lo ala cheptunadu anchor....

Kk...later amte epudu...fixed date amd time istaru ga ipude...?

Supreme Court did not dismiss the petition filed by Congress and JD(S), said, "this petition is a subject of hearing later on". SC also issued a notice to respondents including BJP's BS Yeddyurappa, asking to file a reply

Singhvi says defer swearing-in till 4.30 pm. "If Yeddyurappa comes with the records/letter and the Court finds there is no merit in my case, I am out. Else I am in. But once he is sworn in then the whole thing will have to be reversed", says Singhvi.

Archived