HudHud Lover Chaganti Rahul Reddy Arrested by CID

NagaChaitanya

Andhra CID arrests youth for FB post saying, 'I love you Cyclone Hudhud'
In a bizarre move, the Andhra Pradesh CID arrested law student Chaganti Rahul Reddy under the Information Technology Act for his Facebook comments on cyclone Hudhud that they termed were 'anti-people'.

So, what exactly did Reddy say? "I love u hudhoodh…" and "nature was taking revenge against the betrayers."

The arrested youth is a member of opposition party YSR Congress.

A press release issued by the CID has this to say about Reddy's comments: Mr Chaganti Rahul Reddy posted irresponsible, anti-people comments in Facebook after the natural disaster Hududh, further claiming that they were acting based on a complaint filed on 15 October that some Facebook users were posting derogatory comments on Facebook.

Further, the press release issued by the CID and accessed by The Hindu states that Reddy was an activist of the YSR Congress - a party currently in the opposition - and that he “closely moves with YSRCP District Student Wing”.

It isn't quite clear, though, what his political affiliations have to do with Cyclone Hudhud and the alleged 'irresponsibility'.

Here is the section (66A) most applicable to his supposed offence under the IT Act, 2008:
"Punishment for sending offensive messages through communication service, etc."
Any person who sends, by means of a computer resource or a communication device-
> any information that is grossly offensive or has menacing character; or
> any information which he knows to be false, but for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience, danger, obstruction, insult, injury, criminal intimidation, enmity, hatred, or ill will, persistently makes by making use of such computer resource or a communication device,
> any electronic mail or electronic mail message for the purpose of causing annoyance or inconvenience or to deceive or to mislead the addressee or recipient about the origin of such messages (Inserted vide ITAA 2008) shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend for 2-3 years with fine.
For now, Reddy has been placed under judicial custody. jaffa6.gif

Good job. There is absolutely no wrong in putting persons like him in jail. I understand various people support various parties but apart from ridiculing people for voting this guy is way beyond everything in terms of ethics. He used to use Jr NTR photo to comment against TDP. 

Good job. There is absolutely no wrong in putting persons like him in jail. I understand various people support various parties but apart from ridiculing people for voting this guy is way beyond everything in terms of ethics. He used to use Jr NTR photo to comment against TDP. 

:buttkick:  :buttkick:  :buttkick: sala gadu

This has been the trend kada uncle......  divide n rule formula.....

divide N fanbase...

:buttkick:  :buttkick:  :buttkick: sala gadu

tappu ledu le....heros egos cash chesukuntunnaru

:super: ilanti vedhavalani asalu vadhala kudadhu... samajaniki pattina cheeda purugulu

his politics is similar to jagan's politics. That's the reason he is using Jr NTR photo as a proxy for attacking TDP. You can understand how low Jagan and his followers can dive to reach power by looking at his followers. One another similar follower for Jagan is that greatandhra site owner. I suggest that one of our active members release a list of his followers: greatandhra site owner, this guy, vijayawada chit fund cheater kolla, bank robbers etc. Chinna pamunaina pedda karra tho champali. veellani light ga teesukunte society ke pramadha karam ga thayaravutharu.

ila saana mandi sessaru buddodi foto petti. adi soosi mana Talibans rechipoyevaaru.

ila saana mandi sessaru buddodi foto petti. adi soosi mana Talibans rechipoyevaaru.

ya true. but this person is above them. he is too much into politics.. being a student wing leader he should have not spill venom like his boss. he should have tried to play correct politics. adhi valla raktam lone ledanukunta.

Social media is no more a backyard thing anymore guys be careful in u r criticism

Don't need to be paranoid brothers ... just be yourself ... and be considerate to each other ...

My experience is ... that you'll be alright  ... as long you follow your instincts :)

Archived