This is the best phase in my life: Kalyan Ram

veeramachaneni

Contented and happy

Y. SUNITA CHOWDHARY

Kalyan Ram shows no signs of nervousness on the eve of the release of ‘Hey Ram’.

Happy go lucky Kalyan Ram.

Kalyan Ram is smiling, he’s just returned from the Censor Board and the members have given him a clean chit. Hare Ram is releasing today, it’s yet another film from his production house — NTR Arts which he established in the memory of his grandfather. The schedules have been grinding and now the actor is heaving a sigh of relief and is spending most of his time with his seven-month-old son Sourya Ram. He’s married to Swati, a doctor by profession. “A girl approved by my parents and she is the most understanding person I ever met,” he declares.

Admits Kalyan Ram, “This is the best phase in my life, not that marriage has changed me completely. I’ve always been a private person. But it’s so different, I know I have to go home early because there are people who are waiting for me. Earlier I would be adventurous trying all kinds of stunts but now I can’t afford to do that.” Kalyan Ram met with an accident while shooting for some action scenes in Hare Ram and had seven stitches on his head. After that he’d resolved to be more cautious.

There is a visible change in his approach to the media as well, there are no inhibitions and he became lot more articulate. He says that the media and the film industry move hand in hand and there are times when he gets upset when media blows things out of proportion.

He adds, “I think it’s the communication gap between the media and the industry which is the cause for concern. Either we are not able to communicate properly or they are not able to understand us.”

While elaborating on his film Hare Ram, Kalyan Ram emphasises that it is a commercial subject and the title is not misleading, just apt. He wants to talk about it only when it releases but assures his fans that there is something refreshing about the screenplay.

Talking about his father Harikrishna, Kalyan Ram says, “he’s very busy with his work as the Member of Parliament but takes time to keep in touch with the news about my film.” So is he going to campaign for the upcoming elections? The actor restrains, ponders for a while and says, “We are too young for politics, but there is an unwritten rule in the house….we do what the elders say without questioning. It’s my grandfather’s Party, we are all here to carry on the legacy.”

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/07/18/stories/2008071850290400.htm

Archived