Cow cess on fuel, LPG

rajanani

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/india/cow-cess-on-fuel-lpg-madhya-pradesh-plans-to-earn-rs-200-crore-annually-6232711.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Cow cess on fuel, LPG: Madhya Pradesh plans to earn Rs 200 crore annually

DEC 16, 2020 / 09:02 AMCow cess on petrol and diesel is estimated to mop up Rs 120 crore annually while the same charged on the cylinder will fetch Rs 83 crore every year 
petroldieselpetrol-pump-770x433.jpg?impolicy=website&width=770&height=431

Representative image (Source: Reuters)

Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led Madhya Pradesh government is planning to impose cow cess on fuel. The government hopes to earn at least 200 crores, which will be used for cow welfare.

The animal husbandry department has made the proposal, citing that Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana already charge cow cess, sources told Times of India. The department has proposed to charge cow cess of 15 paise per litre on petrol and diesel and Rs 10 per cooking gas cylinder.

What does cow welfare mean? 

If it doesn't include abolition of slaughter houses, then what is it trying to achieve? 

As a Hindu, I am not against spending money for welfare of cows. But what is it really achieving? 

I am sure this is another black box like Clean Ganga and PM Cares Fund :sleep: 

7 hours ago, dusukochadu said:

What does cow welfare mean? 

If it doesn't include abolition of slaughter houses, then what is it trying to achieve? 

As a Hindu, I am not against spending money for welfare of cows. But what is it really achieving? 

I am sure this is another black box like Clean Ganga and PM Cares Fund :sleep: 

same with various other cess Edu Krishi kalyan chetha chedaaram.  

Archived