Bharat Mathukumilli

Sinna.Sinna

When I decided to enter politics and hopefully contest the Lok Sabha elections in 2019, lot of well wishers asked me whether I really wanted to go into the “ugly” political environment in India. With the legacy of two grandfathers who transitioned from business into politics and successfully served multiple terms as members of parliament, I had a privilege that few others in the country did. I thought, if youth like me stay away from politics because we don’t want to get into the mud, then what about the millions who aspire to impact change but don’t even get the opportunities like I did. While impacting education through GITAM, is a source of immense satisfaction and great pride to me, I believed that public life offers a much broader canvas to impact the lives of millions. I was fortunate to receive the ticket for the constituency I love, run a campaign on issues close to my heart, and for receiving backing of a large number of voters. Prateek and I met a month after my loss to discuss what my next steps should be. It was in that discussion we agreed that the acute shortage of ethical public leadership in the country and the institutional framework that enables it as one of the most important bottleneck in effecting change. To address this shortage, we conceived Kautilya School of Public Policy as a breakthrough public policy education institute that nurtures future public leaders of India. Combining distinguished faculty, global quality curriculum, world-class infrastructure, the school will enable students to navigate a bright career in policy making, implementation and leadership. We’re launching the school tomorrow and I would love for you to attend the launch. Please register here to attend the same - https://kautilya.org.in/events/policy-politics-and-purpose/

7 hours ago, fan no 1 said:

Leaders should be born from the people not made in classrooms. I believe, these policy making schools will push too much of progressive agenda rather than teaching leaders to be centrists.

Lol ! Learning is the basis of everything whether it is science or politics. Classroom is just one way of learning platform aside of real life experience. CBN lanti vallu kuda opted for politics as one of their majors. Baga telugu movies dialogues ki alavatu padithe ilanti statements ne nachu tayi.

11 hours ago, fan no 1 said:

Leaders should be born from the people not made in classrooms. I believe, these policy making schools will push too much of progressive agenda rather than teaching leaders to be centrists.

Any policy research or  higher learning institute automatically gets hijacked by Marxists/communists who subvert the institute founder's original intent and turn it into a den of anarchy, corruption and antinationalism.JNU, TISS, HCU are a few examples. I hope the institute's founders find the right balance of professors, advisors and guides, while exercising sufficient control to keep it on the right path. I just read that Nidhi Razdan is on the advisory board.

13 hours ago, JAYAM_NANI said:

Lol ! Learning is the basis of everything whether it is science or politics. Classroom is just one way of learning platform aside of real life experience. CBN lanti vallu kuda opted for politics as one of their majors. Baga telugu movies dialogues ki alavatu padithe ilanti statements ne nachu tayi.

Political Science ni private college ni compare chesesaru tamaru, paiga na view meeru sarigga chadavaledu....Malla cheptunna...eetlanti policy making colleges too progressive views cheptaru...Farmers views telusukokunda chesina policy valle farmers bandh chestunnaru...you decide whether it is "lol!!" or what ever it is.

1 hour ago, fan no 1 said:

Political Science ni private college ni compare chesesaru tamaru, paiga na view meeru sarigga chadavaledu....Malla cheptunna...eetlanti policy making colleges too progressive views cheptaru...Farmers views telusukokunda chesina policy valle farmers bandh chestunnaru...you decide whether it is "lol!!" or what ever it is.

There was a professor/teacher who once lived in India. He taught at Taxila. He is considered the pioneer of the field of political science and economics in India. He is known as Acharya Chanakya or Kauṭilya or Vishnugupta. He wrote a classic treatise on polity called Artha-shastra. If you believe that politics can't be taught in a university, then i have nothing more to say to you. If it can't be taught, why did Acharya Chanakya wrote it ?

Archived