Finally S 386 passed in Senate

Bittu_77

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Uravakonda said:

Meaning enti?

Every country is given quota in visa numbers irrespective of number of filings. 

With less visa numbers and more filings from India, there is a huge backlog in EB2 and EB3 categories. 

This bill erases the per capita limit and numbers are issued by filing date.

Good for India and China immigrants,  not so for European immigrants. 

This bill has been introduced several times with different names, but couldn't see light in Republicans controlled Senate.

Finally, with Trump's loss, Republicans who opposed this bill earlier went easy this time.

Once i140 is approved and you stand in line for 2 years, irrespective of priority date you can file i485 (so priority date becoming current is out of equation) you get AC21, EAD, Advanced Parole, no need to extend H1/H4/L2/H4-EAD, no need of Visa Stamping anymore, even Kids who are older than 21 can continue with their parent's adjustment status application (i485).

Drawback - older Kids cannot apply for EAD, even if primary applicant expires, family stays in line.

If you switch a company 6 months after filing i485, you have to apply for 485-J-Supplement-Status which costs extra 2000 USD.

EAD is for 3 years and whenever you file for extension and you are not with the original employer you have to file this 485-J-Supplement status.

Eligibility to file i485 - you need a approved i140 and you have to stay with the company for 2 years..

after you apply for i485 - you have to stay with the company for  6 months for getting advanced parole... now you can port your GC application between companies (but there is a 2000 USD fee for every extention) 

18 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

Eligibility to file i485 - you need a approved i140 and you have to stay with the company for 2 years..

after you apply for i485 - you have to stay with the company for  6 months for getting advanced parole... now you can port your GC application between companies (but there is a 2000 USD fee for every extention) 

I140 vachaka 2 Years aa mastaru or Total 2 Years?

19 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

if Trump signs, then your priority date will become current no matter which company you work for

Approved I140 old employer tho vundi new employer tho GC process malli start cheyyani vallu kooda eligible aa bro ?

Okay guy’s let me tell you one thing. We did so much hard work for this bill as a member of Immigration Voice. Trump administration was favor of this bill and Trump wanted to sign this bill. For several dirty political reasons had many blocks all these years and we are not done yet. I was in DC for more than 30 times for meeting senators, congressmen and some DHS officials to educate about this bill and seeking for cosponsor ships. We came very far with hard work of IV team and I am a part of that. I am very proud to be and happy to work with some great guy’s in the IV across the USA. We are one step closer to the finish line. Just imagine how much efforts we put to remove Country Cap from the immigration system in this country. This is going to be a History and I am one of the Frontline fighter. I feel like TDP won the election! Jai TDP and jai NTR

- The bill Lee passed is an amended version of what the House passed. So it has to go back to the House.
- McConnell & Pelosi have to setup a special conference committee with members from both House & Senate to come to an agreement.

- After the conference committee resolves any differences between both House & Senate versions of the bill, EACH chamber must vote again.
- The final bill is then sent to the President to sign to make it law. He can veto it if he wants.

3 ways to stop bill if they want to:

1. Get the House to poison the bill with so many amendments that Senate doesn't agree to.

2. Senators object.

3. Trump vetos.

All this has to done before December 18 or it is gone

1 hour ago, sr.yarlagadda said:

Okay guy’s let me tell you one thing. We did so much hard work for this bill as a member of Immigration Voice. Trump administration was favor of this bill and Trump wanted to sign this bill. For several dirty political reasons had many blocks all these years and we are not done yet. I was in DC for more than 30 times for meeting senators, congressmen and some DHS officials to educate about this bill and seeking for cosponsor ships. We came very far with hard work of IV team and I am a part of that. I am very proud to be and happy to work with some great guy’s in the IV across the USA. We are one step closer to the finish line. Just imagine how much efforts we put to remove Country Cap from the immigration system in this country. This is going to be a History and I am one of the Frontline fighter. I feel like TDP won the election! Jai TDP and jai NTR

Really great work Bro...thanks for all your effort. 

1 hour ago, sr.yarlagadda said:

Its really going to be a major boost for Indians... its going to remove country based limits... thanks bro... hopefully everything goes smooth...

8 hours ago, Koduri said:

Approved I140 old employer tho vundi new employer tho GC process malli start cheyyani vallu kooda eligible aa bro ?

Simple brother.... both of us are in same boat.... 

I have my priority date on Jan 2017 with employer A. Now I am with employee B and my latest i140 is approved 3 months ago.... 

if everything is smooth and this bill becomes law.... let’s assume this bill will be applicable from 2022-Oct, then I will be eligible for i485 as I stayed with my employer for 2 years after my i140 is approved. 

let’s say I have to switch another employer C in next 1 year..... in that case, by 2022 Oct, my priority date will be current and I will get i485 as normal process 

2 hours ago, sr.yarlagadda said:

A wholehearted thank you for your efforts brother.... my gesture is very less compared to your efforts!

3 hours ago, Bittu_77 said:

My PD is Aug 2011, but changed multiple employers. I Started with new employer 5 months back. So my employer need to start fresh PERM and and I140. Hope it will be done next year and I will ready by Oct 2022

No need to worry.... your case will see light in normal process itself.... by 2022 end, PD will be moved to 2018-2019 if this bill is passed 

Archived