YSRCP allegations against V Nagaewsara Rao

'Are you really poor?' Family who got tractor from Sonu Sood now being hounded

Since TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu offered to help the family, YSRCP supporters and authorities have questioned their ‘worthiness’ for support.

‘Inquiry’ into the family’s poverty 

On Monday morning, the Mandal Revenue Officer (MRO) and Mandal Parishad Development Officer (MPDO) of Kambhamvaripalle showed up at Nageswara Rao’s house. They told him that since he had received the tractor the previous evening, the District Collector asked them to carry out an inquiry and report on his financial status. 

Questioning the need for such an inquiry, Nageswara Rao says, “I didn’t cheat anyone or take it from the government, somebody has donated it.” 

The MRO conducted a detailed inquiry to confirm that he did not have any properties in his name. This was followed by an insensitive, prejudiced conversation with the MPDO, says Nageswara Rao. 

“He made hurtful comments while asking me about contesting for an MLA seat in the past, about our plans for my older daughter to study medicine.” The MPDO wondered how he could contest elections, and have ambitious plans for an expensive education for his daughter, if he was indeed poor, Nageswara Rao says. 

“The MPDO said that on one hand I am saying I am so poor that I had to make my daughters plough the field, but how could I be so poor if I had such plans for my children… I was very upset by this, I told him it wasn’t right. I have been a human rights activist. As a Dalit, Scheduled Caste man, can we not even think of getting our children to study medicine?” 

He also explains his foray into Assembly elections in 2009. “I had contested on Jaya Prakash Narayana’s Lok Satta Party ticket. That was not a party where you needed a lot of money to contest,” he says. 

In his interview with BBC Telugu, Nageswara Rao asked, “If I was not Dalit, if I was wealthy, would anyone have come to my village and made inquiries?”

Caught in party rivalry 

The viral video was tweeted by a journalist on Saturday, and was noticed by Sonu Sood on Sunday. “The video somehow reached that gentleman (Sonu Sood), who sent us that tractor. I was very relieved and happy that night, that I don’t have to worry about the lockdown being extended any more… But then Chandrababu Naidu announced that he would help with my daughters’ education. Right after that, YSRCP supporters started making accusations against me, saying I am not a farmer, I am not poor etc.”, says Nageswara Rao. 

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/are-you-really-poor-family-who-got-tractor-sonu-sood-now-being-hounded-129576

What is there a need for the govt to inquire his poverty? 

He is a Dalit man, human rights activist and contested in 2009 assembly elections as LokSatta candidate. This doesn’t make him rich.

TDP has a good chance here to expose YCP’s cruel nature against Dalits. 

Archived