Cognizant

In a press release last week NDLF said, “We came to know that Cognizant (CTS) is now actively pursuing to lay off, several of their employees at various locations in Chennai. Many of our union members have come to us complaining about the resignation threats made by HR over email and through telephone.”

Karnataka State IT/ITeS Employees Union (KITU) said it had initiated legal action after receiving complaints from dozens of technology workers who had lost their jobs or were faced with the prospect of lay offs at Cognizant.

A KITU spokesperson said that as per the Labour Laws, companies that employ more than 100 employees need to obtain approval from the Labour department in order to execute layoffs. “Rebranding a layoff by arguing that employees voluntarily resigned when they were, in fact, forced to resign, is also against the law. KITU urges all the affected employees to refuse to resign if asked to do so by the company,” he said.

As per reports, Cognizant is first benching employees, and taking them off their projects.

In the IT industry, benched employees are those, who have no active projects, and are kept in a resource pool for future projects.

Once an employee is placed in the bench, Cognizant gives them 35 days to upskill themselves, and find a project.

After 35 days, 6 days extension is also provided, and if that employee is not able to find a new project within those 41 days, then the HR asks them to resign, and if they resist, then as per NDLF, they are threatened by the HR.

But in a contradictory statement, a Cognizant spokesperson said, “Performance management is a normal process across all companies in the IT industry, including Cognizant.”

The statement added, “While Cognizant does not comment on rumor and speculation in the marketplace, we would like to clarify that recent third party allegations regarding a specific number of job actions are not accurate, not based on facts, and were not announced by Cognizant. Cognizant continues to hire at all levels in India and globally.”

Do you know any of your CTS friends facing this problem?

36 minutes ago, LuvNTR said:

UP MP lanti states lo labor laws no abolish chesina vallani you are questioning ah!

1 hour ago, LuvNTR said:

Out of curiosity adugutunna..

Ante ippudu modi cognizant CEO ki phone chesi 18000 members ni lepai ani chepadu Antara??

Leda trump ki call chesi outsourcing apeyi ani chepadu antara meeru ?

every year cognizant inthe lepestadi. vala employee count ekkuva kabatti ala prathisari news lo untaru. mostly it is in line with normal attrition %.

But paina oka post prakaram 2 months salary kuda giving ante they are hoping reduction of projects for next 6months minimum.

vadilesukodam better ane opinion ki vachinattunnaru inka.

40 minutes ago, Munna_NTR said:

Ante ippudu modi cognizant CEO ki phone chesi 18000 members ni lepai ani chepadu Antara??

Ila logic lu adagakudadu

3 hours ago, Munna_NTR said:

cognizant IT solution center pedithe State and Central full tax exemptions tho paatu EPF, power, water, muncipality tax, input tax lu ila chala vaatilo subsidies teesukuntadi telusa meeku. deeniki thodu all software exports anni kuda tax free ga velthayi for out of country ki. Labor laws lo enni laws levu ila jobs protect seyadaniki.....Inni subsidies teesukoni kuda ila thousands lo jobs lepesthu unte mana MODI garu chusthu kurchunte saripodda. 

I am also asking out of curiosity brother. logic lekundane comment vodulutha antava ?

8 minutes ago, LuvNTR said:

cognizant IT solution center pedithe State and Central full tax exemptions tho paatu EPF, power, water, muncipality tax, input tax lu ila chala vaatilo subsidies teesukuntadi telusa meeku. deeniki thodu all software exports anni kuda tax free ga velthayi for out of country ki. Labor laws lo enni laws levu ila jobs protect seyadaniki.....Inni subsidies teesukoni kuda ila thousands lo jobs lepesthu unte mana MODI garu chusthu kurchunte saripodda. 

I am also asking out of curiosity brother. logic lekundane comment vodulutha antava ?

Not only cognizant ee so called subsidies ki andaru eligible and andaru teskuntaru. AP lo Conduent pedithe CBN kooda ichadu ... ila chala companies ki istaru throughout India.. daaniki MODI ki enti link?

And software exports tax free ga velladam enti? Brief me ?

Finally layoffs ni MODI aapali... rahul aapali ante ela .. ? Evari company individual decisions vallavi ..!

Ippudu USA lo Furloughed employees chala mandi unnaru.. layoffs kooda chala jarigayi.. ala ani trump ni Antara enti?

Finally software company pettadaaniki oppukokapothe anali emo CM/PM ni.. layoffs ki kooda valle kaaranam ante ela brother ?

Just now, Munna_NTR said:

Not only cognizant ee so called subsidies ki andaru eligible and andaru teskuntaru. AP lo Conduent pedithe CBN kooda ichadu ... ila chala companies ki istaru throughout India.. daaniki MODI ki enti link?

Finally layoffs ni MODI aapali... rahul aapali ante ela .. ? Evari company individual decisions vallavi ..!

Ippudu USA lo Furloughed employees chala mandi unnaru.. layoffs kooda chala jarigayi.. ala ani trump ni Antara enti?

Finally software company pettadaaniki oppukokapothe anali emo CM/PM ni.. layoffs ki kooda valle kaaranam ante ela brother ?

Only one question to You. why bring CBN name here? can't you write your answer without his name? 

Just now, LuvNTR said:

Only one question to You. why bring CBN name here? can't you write your answer without his name? 

What is wrong in that ? subsidies ichadu .. I know that..  kabati I mentioned CBN name.. what is the issue .. I don't understand?

6 minutes ago, Munna_NTR said:

What is wrong in that ? subsidies ichadu .. I know that..  kabati I mentioned CBN name.. what is the issue .. I don't understand?

in CBN duration, any IT company laid off 18000 employees?

4 minutes ago, LuvNTR said:

in CBN duration, any IT company laid off 18000 employees?

I always stay away from unnecessary discussions.  I was shocked to see you blaming MODI for layoffs .. now you are comparing a PM and CM.. I don't know what's the issue. So let's go by your way.. you should blame Yediyurappa or palaniswami for layoffs .. why are blaming MODI then ??

43 minutes ago, Munna_NTR said:

US lo full time job ki per year of service 2 weeks pay chetilo petti teestaaru..... it’s a real firing that happens. But in India, doddi daarilo bedirinchi bouncers ni petti balavantam ga voluntary resignations cheyistunnaru..... Verizon is a best example. US lo employee ni fire chesthey.... 10 years service untey Verizon tho 20 weeks payment chetilo petti one month notice tho fire chestundi..... India lo choosam kada.... how they handled senior employees in Hyd. 

Labor laws em avtunnayi? 2 weeks notice is the law if employee has to resign. But companies will force for 2-3 months notice. 

bayata ekkadanna OT payments untayi.... on top of it, weekend work antey extra payment untundi. Why these rules does not apply for IT jobs ? 

India lo IT industry and private banking lo severe labor abuse jarugutondi..... someone has to address this..... else situation will only worse in future.

2 hours ago, Munna_NTR said:

I always stay away from unnecessary discussions.  I was shocked to see you blaming MODI for layoffs .. now you are comparing a PM and CM.. I don't know what's the issue. So let's go by your way.. you should blame Yediyurappa or palaniswami for layoffs .. why are blaming MODI then ??

what did Manmohan Singh did when Satyam laying off 25000 People. Same thing i expect Modi atleast try rather than wearing 5 lac suit and sitting with stone face. 

If you can't defend your MODI without bringing CBN name, you can ignore comments atleast. Please don't compare that fraud MODI with CBN. I know CBN would't sit silently with stone face. He will atleast try to persuade CTS to keep them. I can say this as he gave paying 60% contribution  for EPF to HCL employees who are hired from AP to work in bezawada. 

2 hours ago, sskmaestro said:

US lo full time job ki per year of service 2 weeks pay chetilo petti teestaaru..... it’s a real firing that happens. But in India, doddi daarilo bedirinchi bouncers ni petti balavantam ga voluntary resignations cheyistunnaru..... Verizon is a best example. US lo employee ni fire chesthey.... 10 years service untey Verizon tho 20 weeks payment chetilo petti one month notice tho fire chestundi..... India lo choosam kada.... how they handled senior employees in Hyd. 

Labor laws em avtunnayi? 2 weeks notice is the law if employee has to resign. But companies will force for 2-3 months notice. 

bayata ekkadanna OT payments untayi.... on top of it, weekend work antey extra payment untundi. Why these rules does not apply for IT jobs ? 

India lo IT industry and private banking lo severe labor abuse jarugutondi..... someone has to address this..... else situation will only worse in future.

ee Laws emi pattavu. ee corporate ayithe BJP ki donate sesthado vallaku ee laws emi apply avvavu. okavela donate seyakapothe CBI Raids, ED raids, IT raids. Telisinde ga.

23 minutes ago, LuvNTR said:

what did Manmohan Singh did when Satyam laying off 25000 People. Same thing i expect Modi atleast try rather than wearing 5 lac suit and sitting with stone face. 

If you can't defend your MODI without bringing CBN name, you can ignore comments atleast. Please don't compare that fraud MODI with CBN. I know CBN would't sit silently with stone face. He will atleast try to persuade CTS to keep them. I can say this as he gave paying 60% contribution  for EPF to HCL employees who are hired from AP to work in bezawada. 

The main ignorance of people like you comes up here. Do you know that I am a MODI supporter ?Have some information before you speak. You better know that i am a better and big follower/well wisher/ supporter of CBN than you. I actively participated in tarak's meetings when he campaigned for TDP in vizag district. 

Did you ever attend mahanadu ? Do you have TDP membership? Did you ever participate in TNSF programs ? I did them when I was studying.  Don't ever dare to speak about me regarding TDP and CBN.

Finally what manmohan did was a different case and now what is happening is a different case. Now the whole world is suffering from economic crisis and you want the Prime Minister to do magics and you say this keeping a keyboard in front of you typing whatever you want. Do you dare to file a case against cognizant.. can you do that? If so do that and support the 18000 employees otherwise don't say unnecessary useless comments over here on whom ever you want because typing is free.

Finally if MODI is fraud why did he won the second time as well. People cannot accept the succes of others it might be in any issue but they can say whatever they want.

CBN did a lot to many people. I know what he has done to IT industry in AP. He has given employee incentives, rental subsidies, office spaces many many things to companies in AP. Current government is also following and releasing the incentives that CBN introduced in 2017. But he lost in the elections. We have to accept the defeat. I am not comparing CBN with MODI, I just told that CBN also gave subsidies in my above post.

For people like you everything and every comment will be in a negative way. Go have some coffee and finally you are in my ignore list In this DB. Bye bye. 

2 minutes ago, Munna_NTR said:

The main ignorance of people like you comes up here. Do you know that I am a MODI supporter ?Have some information before you speak. You better know that i am a better and big follower/well wisher/ supporter of CBN than you. I actively participated in tarak's meetings when he campaigned for TDP in vizag district. 

Did you ever attend mahanadu ? Do you have TDP membership? Did you ever participate in TNSF programs ? I did them when I was studying.  Don't ever dare to speak about me regarding TDP and CBN.

Finally what manmohan did was a different case and now what is happening is a different case. Now the whole world is suffering from economic crisis and you want the Prime Minister to do magics and you say this keeping a keyboard in front of you typing whatever you want. Do you dare to file a case against cognizant.. can you do that? If so do that and support the 18000 employees otherwise don't say unnecessary useless comments over here on whom ever you want because typing is free.

Finally if MODI is fraud why did he won the second time as well. People cannot accept the succes of others it might be in any issue but they can say whatever they want.

CBN did a lot to many people. I know what he has done to IT industry in AP. He has given employee incentives, rental subsidies, office spaces many many things to companies in AP. Current government is also following and releasing the incentives that CBN introduced in 2017. But he lost in the elections. We have to accept the defeat. I am not comparing CBN with MODI, I just told that CBN also gave subsidies in my above post.

For people like you everything and every comment will be in a negative way. Go have some coffee and finally you are in my ignore list In this DB. Bye bye. 

Ok good luck. You don't need to bring CBN name here. That's what i asked you first. This is MODI administration and local state whre CBN no way associated. No need to bring his name.

US lo GM company motham one big plant ni close sesi 8000 people ni lay off sesi Mexico ki move sestham ante Trump immediately jumped into action and made GM change their mind with few incentives. Cheyali anukunte PM enni ayina cheyavachu. But he don't . He only spends money on buying MLAs from congress and form govt in MP, KA etc. states. I never intend to hurt you. since you brought CBN name i told you that. All andha bhakths use CBN name and 23 number to always defend themselves in every topic. That's why i assumed you MODI bhakt. anyway good luck. 

7 hours ago, NBK NTR said:

ee corona crisis lo CM or PM ga evaru unna em cheyyagalaru regarding layoffs

Lay-off ayina vallu monthly thousands of rupees TDS lu kadutunnaru..... in this corona time, what is center govt giving back to people who have regular TDS for years and their payrolls stopped ?

Someone please define upskill and what is the limit. Ex. last 2yrs ga mainframe support or a legacy Java app support lo vundi all of sudden project poyi bench Meraki vaste, unskill ani pool lo vesi 35days iste em chestaru evaranna? 

Upskill kinda let's say AWS certification cheste ventane job istara? So I see unskilled as a reason to fire people above 35+ and fill in with fresh grads. There are multiple benefits, health insurance costs on the company increases with avg age usually so avi cut cheyochu ela fire cheyatam valla...Also obviously cost per emp increases with experience and age. Paina evaro  natural attrition annaru, by no means 18k is natural attrition in my view.

1 hour ago, sskmaestro said:

Lay-off ayina vallu monthly thousands of rupees TDS lu kadutunnaru..... in this corona time, what is center govt giving back to people who have regular TDS for years and their payrolls stopped ?

Reduced PF contribution 12 % to to 10% from both company and employee. So that you will get more money to his hand.  

Note : that amount will be taxable.  Don't expect much from buffas. 

Companies like cts,tcs and infy lo seniors ni vadlicnhukune pani lo unnaru . Oka senior ki iche amount tho india lo 2-3 freshers vastharu easy ga . Mid high level management lo chala waste unnaru . Just example maa dantlo hyd lo kontha mandi 20+ exp vallu office ki vachi real estate broker business lu chestharu .  Eppudu ante appudu vellipotharu . These guys have 0 knowledge Ilanti vallu fire avvaru because they have close relationships with high level management(executive level) 

32 minutes ago, gnk@vja said:

Companies like cts,tcs and infy lo seniors ni vadlicnhukune pani lo unnaru . Oka senior ki iche amount tho india lo 2-3 freshers vastharu easy ga . Mid high level management lo chala waste unnaru . Just example maa dantlo hyd lo kontha mandi 20+ exp vallu office ki vachi real estate broker business lu chestharu .  Eppudu ante appudu vellipotharu . These guys have 0 knowledge Ilanti vallu fire avvaru because they have close relationships with high level management(executive level) 

You are right. That’s the norm in IT industry. As your experience increases, no of jobs available to you decreases drastically. But this cannot be shown as lack of upskill. Companies have to clearly state that they want to recruit more freshers, that’s nothing wrong. Janaalaki kuda oka clarity undaali...... you cannot stick to a private job through out your life..... may be people are waiting to get fired ? (2 months salary vastundi.... ah time lo edo oka course nerchukoni..... edo oka pilla bachhaaa company lo job raadaaaa ani feeling emo) 

when you fire the people is what matters. Corona lanti crisis time lo thousands of employees ni forceful resignation (if I resign company don’t pay me!) cheyyinchatam..... CTS might have enjoyed years of corporate billing and profits from these 18,000 employees! Covid time lo teseyatam anedhi too much!

2 hours ago, sskmaestro said:

I agree about TDS but covid debbaki new projects ravali and unna projects nilabadali.....central govt migrant workers ne lite teeskunnaru without giving basic needs and IT employees ni asalu pattinchukoru

Archived