NRIs slowly withdrawing investments from India

Vihari

ee Modi ki Nirmalamma ki eppudu edo oka group of people ni gelukkokunda undadam raadu anukunta. 

Budget lo kotha rules pettaru. any NRI stays 120 days in india then liable to pay all taxes earned whatever they earned . aa rules kuda clear ga publish seyadam raaledu ee nirmalamma ki......full confusion lo pettindi......debbaki all NRIs withdrawing slowly passive investments and moving deposits, debentures out. already recession fear tho chala mandi withdrawing. Now this. 

Last year FDIs, FIIs meeda kottindi. ee year NRIs. already FDI/ FII money flow thaggipoyindi india ki. Nisani lu antha MODI cabinet lone sacharu. 

https://qz.com/india/1797186/budget-2020-measures-aimed-at-nri-tax-evasion-may-hurt-investment/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo

Current rule is for 180 days ..New rule is for 120 days ..?  

As per current rules .. if you stay abroad less than 6 months in a financial year .. foreign income also taxable in India. I was abroad april/may 2019 .. paid 50k + additional tax here. This is incase if you are working for same employer .. not sure if you change company.

So New rule is more worse and total xxxx up. In simple terms from now onwards if you go for onsite from any  company for less than 8 months in a financial year your onsite salary is also taxable in India.

I am happy, I didn't invest a single penny in the last 8 years in India, but only in USA. I regret my decision to buy land 9 years ago in India. Looked good then, but became a bad illiquid investment now. Jagga and Modi successfully doing their jobs in scaring away NRAs and NRIs.

21 hours ago, Kumbk said:

I am happy, I didn't invest a single penny in the last 8 years in India, but only in USA. I regret my decision to buy land 9 years ago in India. Looked good then, but became a bad illiquid investment now. Jagga and Modi successfully doing their jobs in scaring away NRAs and NRIs.

Ammeseyyandi uncle aa land ni...next time meeru India vacheppatiki kabja chesesi nava ratnala khajana loki kalipestaru

18 minutes ago, Vishal_Ntr said:

Ammeseyyandi uncle aa land ni...next time meeru India vacheppatiki kabja chesesi nava ratnala khajana loki kalipestaru

Hereditary land pakkana kalisipothundhi ani konnam. But US stock market growth tho compare chesthe waste. Bavamaradhi daily a look vesthunnadu ani dheema. 

32 minutes ago, Kumbk said:

Hereditary land pakkana kalisipothundhi ani konnam. But US stock market growth tho compare chesthe waste. Bavamaradhi daily a look vesthunnadu ani dheema. 

Purchasing land beside hereditary land is good decision. You can't compare everything with money. If land has irrigation facilities it is equal to gold. I hope there are no legal issues with purchased land. Owning house or land in your village gives pride to your parents.

2 hours ago, ravindras said:

Purchasing land beside hereditary land is good decision. You can't compare everything with money. If land has irrigation facilities it is equal to gold. I hope there are no legal issues with purchased land. Owning house or land in your village gives pride to your parents.

No legal issues, but ours is the last generation to look after it. I knew a retired person in Canada who was desperately trying to dispose all of his lands in Guntur few years ago and take the money back to Canada. His kids had minimal exposure to India. His situation will repeat on a major scale in a decade or two.

36 minutes ago, Kumbk said:

No legal issues, but ours is the last generation to look after it. I knew a retired person in Canada who was desperately trying to dispose all of his lands in Guntur few years ago and take the money back to Canada. His kids had minimal exposure to India. His situation will repeat on a major scale in a decade or two.

Agree .. 

1 hour ago, Kumbk said:

+100

On 2/7/2020 at 2:39 AM, Kumbk said:

Yes.. idi matram pakka...

On 2/7/2020 at 5:09 AM, Kumbk said:

True, but I guess not majorly impact for other districts except Krishna, Godavari belt

41 minutes ago, Mahen_Nfan said:

True, but I guess not majorly impact for other districts except Krishna, Godavari belt

Immigration is more from Guntur till Vizag. 
20 years from now, if there is no development, you will see most of the villages will be left spacious.

16 hours ago, sskmaestro said:

Immigration is more from Guntur till Vizag. 
20 years from now, if there is no development, you will see most of the villages will be left spacious.

True. Not only that, Krishna and Godavari belts lost their cultural, economic, and intellectual superiority to Hyderabad in between 90-00s (because of job/business related migration), making TG better than Andhra in all aspects. From 00's onward, Bangalore and USA become another destinations for educated AP people. AP is mostly hollowed out. I am already seeing people in USA, who grew up in HYD, but whose parents were from KG belts, have little affinity towards AP. Unless either of Vizag or Vijayawada rises up to compete with HYD/BAN, in ten years, AP will become permanently backward (compared to rest of South) and TG will take the mantle of cultural/economic/educational beacon for Telugu people for the entire next century.

I personally believe Vijayawada and GUNTUR combined have better chance of competing with HYD & BAN than Vizag. And Amaravati could have aided in that aspect.

45 minutes ago, Kumbk said:

True. Not only that, Krishna and Godavari belts lost their cultural, economic, and intellectual superiority to Hyderabad in between 90-00s (because of job/business related migration), making TG better than Andhra in all aspects. From 00's onward, Bangalore and USA become another destinations for educated AP people. AP is mostly hollowed out. I am already seeing people in USA, who grew up in HYD, but whose parents were from KG belts, have little affinity towards AP. Unless either of Vizag or Vijayawada rises up to compete with HYD/BAN, in ten years, AP will become permanently backward (compared to rest of South) and TG will take the mantle of cultural/economic/educational beacon for Telugu people for the entire next century.

I personally believe Vijayawada and GUNTUR combined have better chance of competing with HYD & BAN than Vizag. And Amaravati could have aided in that aspect.

Think practically. In whole india around 5 million people are working in it field. What about others? Where they will have to go?

In us 1 in 200 working in it field. let us assume usa has 5 million jobs. How many will go to locals? and how many go to others like Indians, chinese etc? Every country restricting immigrants.There will be saturation in every field. 

1 hour ago, ravindras said:

Think practically. In whole india around 5 million people are working in it field. What about others? Where they will have to go?

In us 1 in 200 working in it field. let us assume usa has 5 million jobs. How many will go to locals? and how many go to others like Indians, chinese etc? Every country restricting immigrants.There will be saturation in every field. 

Even without IT, people would have migrated. Time and again, using KG belts are rich due to agriculture as excuse, industries were never promoted in the region. Most of my uncles migrated to HYD in 90s and started small scale industries. Even now, most of cousins in HYD work in non-IT jobs. Under current circumstances, those guys are never going to come back or coming only to retire. Earlier when AP was combined, it was not an issue. But with the state bifurcation, we need a strong city, be it Vijayawada or Vizag, than can enable inward migration. The region also need to move up the value chain, whatever the sector. 

The region has coast, abundant water facilities, and talented human resources. For many decades, it has been primed for explosive growth, but lacking industries that can act as catalyst. So its limping along. I was hoping things like capital and Bandar port would have enabled that, but now things are back to square one.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:26 PM, Vihari said:

another news.

Tamilnadu high court proposes ban on purchase of homes by NRIs in india. Also proposes 100% stamp duy increase on purchase of second house by anyone..:roflmao:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/nri/nri-real-estate/housing-for-allhc-proposes-ban-on-nris-from-buying-houses-inindia/articleshow/73943697.cms

I partially support that ban on purchase of homes, instead of ban it can be something else to demotivate NRI's from purchasing

Those who settled in US or other countries I don't understand why they purchase flats in Hyd or Vja or any other city, what returns will it yield except taking prices to higher brackets and making it unreachable for people who currently live in the cities and towns. As someone mentioned in this thread atleast 90% of their kids will not move back to India down the line and slowly alll those properties will go into relatives or some politicians or into the hands of those who have strong hold in the area.

Ofcourse it is their financial decision, unless they return back to India within 10years they will face issues when their kids or grand kids try to liquidate them.

13 minutes ago, BalayyaTarak said:

I partially support that ban on purchase of homes, instead of ban it can be something else to demotivate NRI's from purchasing

Vancouver, Canada is implementing non-residency tax to prevent the same situation due to Chinese buying up all the properties. Foreigner who buys property in Vancouver has to pay extra tax yearly on top of regular property taxes. This is a good idea to demotivate buying property as a means of wealth storage without staying in the property.

1 hour ago, BalayyaTarak said:

Those who settled in US or other countries I don't understand why they purchase flats in Hyd or Vja or any other city, what returns will it yield except taking prices to higher brackets and making it unreachable for people who currently live in the cities and towns. As someone mentioned in this thread atleast 90% of their kids will not move back to India down the line and slowly alll those properties will go into relatives or some politicians or into the hands of those who have strong hold in the area.

Ofcourse it is their financial decision, unless they return back to India within 10years they will face issues when their kids or grand kids try to liquidate them.

NRIs antey kevalam Green Card holders and citizen mathramey kadu kadaaa..... think about H1B and F1 visa holders. You never know when you get your green card and also, you never know if there is a situation where your Visa extension will be denied and you have to pack your bags all of a sudden.

30 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

NRIs antey kevalam Green Card holders and citizen mathramey kadu kadaaa..... think about H1B and F1 visa holders. You never know when you get your green card and also, you never know if there is a situation where your Visa extension will be denied and you have to pack your bags all of a sudden.

If they have plans to return to home country at all then we can understand, there are many even in my family who only comes to India very rarely say once or twice in 10 years, their kids never prefer to come back or stay here and the properties they bought in Bangalore and Hyderabad kind of cities are already occupied by local goons and now their parents who are old enough have to roam around lawyers and courts for their children

The cases mentioned by you I too agree, in such cases they should have due diligence in the area they invest and the price they are putting into the property

Maa bava unnadu , oorlo polam konta untaru and aaa oorlo polam vese vallu leru so kintha beedu padipoyundi, latest is Jagga taking some of that land for distribution, and kids dont even know telugu and doesn't have much relation with relatives, now image what will happen at later stage to thise lands

21 minutes ago, BalayyaTarak said:

If they have plans to return to home country at all then we can understand, there are many even in my family who only comes to India very rarely say once or twice in 10 years, their kids never prefer to come back or stay here and the properties they bought in Bangalore and Hyderabad kind of cities are already occupied by local goons and now their parents who are old enough have to roam around lawyers and courts for their children

The cases mentioned by you I too agree, in such cases they should have due diligence in the area they invest and the price they are putting into the property

Maa bava unnadu , oorlo polam konta untaru and aaa oorlo polam vese vallu leru so kintha beedu padipoyundi, latest is Jagga taking some of that land for distribution, and kids dont even know telugu and doesn't have much relation with relatives, now image what will happen at later stage to thise lands

Manollu OA mamoolga undadu le..... they will not have green cards in US. Still they don’t force their kids to learn their mother tongue. Egeskuntaaa ellu kuda English lo Matladataaru pillaltho..... look at Chinese and Mexican, even they stay in US like us, but their kids speak Chinese and Spanish fluently. Mana Indians ki ee rogam eppudu potundooo (kottha ni naakadam paatha ni nirlakshyam cheyyatam) 

18 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

Manollu OA mamoolga undadu le..... they will not have green cards in US. Still they don’t force their kids to learn their mother tongue. Egeskuntaaa ellu kuda English lo Matladataaru pillaltho..... look at Chinese and Mexican, even they stay in US like us, but their kids speak Chinese and Spanish fluently. Mana Indians ki ee rogam eppudu potundooo (kottha ni naakadam paatha ni nirlakshyam cheyyatam) 

Mukhyam ga Telugu vallu. 

Tamilians and malayalis best mother tongue vishayam lo... 

1 hour ago, sskmaestro said:

+11111

6 hours ago, sskmaestro said:

Mana state lone Teluguni mingabeduthunte inka telugu nerchukoni em chestaru bro. Matru basha ani mana tapatrayam anthe

Archived