AP Govt has ordered to abolish Telugu medium

chanu@ntrfan

There have been countless studies which proved that people who were very strong in their mother tongue (writing + speaking) typically had higher IQ. These days even in many so called posh English medium schools, most of the students who don't learn Telugu at all (3rd language)  learn neither English nor Telugu very well. My wife is one of them. I saw many such people and their ability to articulate is very limited because of their limited vocabulary in both the languages. Even though I studied in English medium, my training in Telugu was very rigorous. 

With English being an alien language to most of the populace including teachers, instead of getting trained in bad English (which is very hard to get rid of later), I think it would be better to use Telugu as primary language and switch to English gradually at higher classes. 

These days kids in USA can write better Telugu than some of the Telugu people from Hyderabad.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good decision

mana south side ommunication problem untadi chala ... even job ochaka kooda half pani kooda cheyani matlade vallu munduku potharu ... goddu chakiri chesetodu matram alane untadu .. idi chala chala ekkuvaga jarguthadi ... english medium lo chepthe atleast oka basic confidence develop avtundi .... 

2 hours ago, HelloNTR said:

Good decision

mana south side ommunication problem untadi chala ... even job ochaka kooda half pani kooda cheyani matlade vallu munduku potharu ... goddu chakiri chesetodu matram alane untadu .. idi chala chala ekkuvaga jarguthadi ... english medium lo chepthe atleast oka basic confidence develop avtundi .... 

Why ree

So called English medium lo chaduvukunnollu as worst as    Telugu medium school students

11 hours ago, sskmaestro said:

We don’t have any right to forcefully enforce Telugu medium when whole society is moving towards English medium. If someone is arguing against this decision, there is no point arguing, so I didn’t bring that up. 

How well govt teachers are equipped to teach in Eng medium is a bigger question. This decision will kill the govt schools. When the govt schools turn into 100% English medium, there will be apples to apples comparison with private schools and these govt schools will be at the bottom of the list. 

Slowly, if the education quality in govt schools doesn’t improve, you will see fall in number of students. That will pave way to shut down the schools and grab the govt school lands..... 

this decision proved that govt schools are gonna privatize in near future..... 

Ippudu english medium lo teachers andaru english lo chepthunara, vallu telugu lone cheppedi, valla english standards kuda chala low

infact idhi kuda improve avvali anukondi

Telugu mana mother tongue, entho gouravam undi, kani china laaga mana country motham oka language ayithey ee problem undadu

but ee rojullo country lo ekkadi kaina vellali antey English chala avasaram, country daati vellali anna kavali

Edaina kothadi try chesthunappudu konni limitations, problems untayi. but It's better to move on.

37 minutes ago, chanu@ntrfan said:

Ippudu english medium lo teachers andaru english lo chepthunara, vallu telugu lone cheppedi, valla english standards kuda chala low

infact idhi kuda improve avvali anukondi

Telugu mana mother tongue, entho gouravam undi, kani china laaga mana country motham oka language ayithey ee problem undadu

but ee rojullo country lo ekkadi kaina vellali antey English chala avasaram, country daati vellali anna kavali

Edaina kothadi try chesthunappudu konni limitations, problems untayi. but It's better to move on.

It’s not about standard of English brother..... it’s about culture of teachers and students towards the language. No matter how the teacher teaches, English medium student ki English oka foreign language kaadu. 

Consider a Telugu medium student. When I wrote 7th public exam, I am surprised to see that Telugu medium students couldn’t even write “what is your father’s occupation” correctly. That’s my first encounter with a Telugu medium student. And that’s the ground reality. 

Teachers in govts schools are 100 times lethargic than the students in govt schools  ( general statement)

will the govt implement this rule with immediate effect ? 

6-10th students life nasanam avtundi if they transfer to 100% English at once. 

Teachers marks esestaaru to showcase they are teaching well...... 

with in 3 years, you will see steep drops in the Govt school enrollments. 

I suspect, this is the first step towards privatizing govt schools 

Telugu aney subject tappa motham English lo untundi.....

social studies, science, Maths Eng lo chadivi artham chesukoni rayatam antey.... too tough for the 6-10 class Telugu medium students... their level of English is less than 3rd class English medium student.... 

Sentence formation, spellings etc gurtunchukovatam vallaki kastam..... 

just compare 7th class English syllabus of English medium and Telugu medium schools.... you will see the difference....

if the govt imposes from young age..... like say, for current 1st and 2nd class 100% English medium antey chaala genuine ga implement cheyochu.... 

you will have 5-10 years to role out this transition smoothly.... 

ala kaakunda DeMo laga hadaavidi ga chesesthey chinna pillalu etu kakunda potaaru 

29 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

It’s not about standard of English brother..... it’s about culture of teachers and students towards the language. No matter how the teacher teaches, English medium student ki English oka foreign language kaadu. 

Consider a Telugu medium student. When I wrote 7th public exam, I am surprised to see that Telugu medium students couldn’t even write “what is your father’s occupation” correctly. That’s my first encounter with a Telugu medium student. And that’s the ground reality. 

Teachers in govts schools are 100 times lethargic than the students in govt schools  ( general statement)

will the govt implement this rule with immediate effect ? 

6-10th students life nasanam avtundi if they transfer to 100% English at once. 

Teachers marks esestaaru to showcase they are teaching well...... 

with in 3 years, you will see steep drops in the Govt school enrollments. 

I suspect, this is the first step towards privatizing govt schools 

nenu anedi ippudu vellu english medium cheyatam tho motham english aipodi ani kaadu

mana chaduvula standards ento andariki telusu

janalu govt. schools ni chusey drusti marudhi

maaa chelli 8th varaku telugu medium, 9th nunchi english, kani 10th lo 560 vachayi.

26 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

just compare 7th class English syllabus of English medium and Telugu medium schools.... you will see the difference....

if the govt imposes from young age..... like say, for current 1st and 2nd class 100% English medium antey chaala genuine ga implement cheyochu.... 

ala kaakunda DeMo laga hadaavidi ga chesesthey chinna pillalu etu kakunda potaaru 

bro nuvvu edo oohinchukoni edo chepthunav, antha emi undadu.

4 minutes ago, chanu@ntrfan said:

nenu anedi ippudu vellu english medium cheyatam tho motham english aipodi ani kaadu

mana chaduvula standards ento andariki telusu

janalu govt. schools ni chusey drusti marudhi

maaa chelli 8th varaku telugu medium, 9th nunchi english, kani 10th lo 560 vachayi.

9th and 10th Eng medium ayinaaa..... She was taught from a better teachers.... ah standard current govt teachers ki ledu w.r.t English. Hope I put it clear.

17 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

Don't worry bro.  Good start is halfdone. Telugu to English medium  change is must at some point of student life. It is better to focus on maths, science and remove remaining subjects like social. We need to reduce stress on students. We need to teach morale lessons through stories like Chandamama. We need to teach psychology lessons like overcoming jealous, greed other negative traits. Teachers need to treat students with empathy and compassion.

When we overload students and teachers with too much syllabus , student will try to find easy path instead of understanding concept and it's application. When teacher teaching the concept he needs to tell its importance , where it can be applied.

We have to teach students with practicals , images and cartoons.

Please Google"learn how to learn"  you will get Coursera course which teach how brain works and learning techniques

Ippati generation lo andaru students ki equal opportunities undali ante english language compulsory.....period.

Teachers are equipped with the required skills is a major concern in govt schools, I've noticed many have already expressed the same

To overcome this instead of making teaching in english mandatory, teaching english as a subject with a trained teachers can yield good results too. Telugu medium schools lo 10th standard ki vallu teach chese english choosthe chala basic level lo untundi. 

I've done my schooling in so called english medium private school, all my teachers did was to translate the lessons in telugu and that worked quite well for me, govt schools lo kooda ade cheyyochu, translation pedda kastam avvadu govt teachers ki. Government ichina G.O lu bane ardam chesukuntaru ga chadivi textbook lessons oka lekka?

Ikkada telugu ki vache nastam emi ledu. Bhasha meeda abhimanam unte social circle lo telugu lo matladukunte sari.

నిరా రక్షత,దీవితాన్ని,సంఘ సస్కర్తలు,రాజిక సౌద్దన్నాన్ని అని మీ తింగరి మాలోకం చదివిన తరువాత మీకు తెలుగుపై కోపం రావడం సహజం.చూసి చదవడం రానంత మాత్రాన ఎటువంటి ప్రణాళిక లేకుండా ఉన్నట్టుండి తెలుగు మీడియం స్కూల్స్ అన్ని ఇంగ్లీష్ మీడియం చేసేస్తాం అంటే ఎలా

I expressed similar feelings few days ago........

Govt schools lo teachers ki 15 days or 30 days crash courses Ichesi..... Maths, Science and Social studies English syllabus lo cheppamantey..... 

I don’t think it is possible...... even if it is possible, the quality of education is not even 50% of English medium students. 

Simple example - Chemistry lo salts aney concept undhi..... maa pakkintlo atanu Telugu medium..... Nenu English medium.... 

naku Saindhava lavanam antey edho foreign language laga vinipinchedi..... 

Sodium Chloride antey common salt ani naaku Telugu but he doesn’t know....

the culture of education is humongous and I feel for the students who will be scale goats in this transition.... 

i welcome the change, but have enough doubts on the transition and implementation. 

In long run, we may not see Telugu Pandits and poets as everyone will just focus on getting marks and clearing that subject which is called Telugu.......! 

40 minutes ago, Raaz@NBK said:

They will extend to 7th class in one year, 8th class in two years, 9th class in 3 years, 10 th class in 4 years.

Suppose a Telugu medium student studying 5th class in this year, he can study 6th class in english medium in next year. He will get 5 years time to learn english before writing ssc exam in 10 th class.

currently some students studying mpc / bi pc  in telugu medium. they are studying english medium in enginineering/medicine. 

learning abilities of a person decreases with age. if a student study in english medium at early age he able to understand and learn english in a better manner

our minister(cherukuvada sriranganadha raju) running bharatiya vidhya bhavan  school in tadepalligudem. he recruits teachers from maharashtra. all students and teachers speak in either english or hindi.

if  you see some of the christian missionary schools they speak only english. if a student speak in telugu they give punishment to child.

we need to create english speaking environment in government schools. recruit some of  teachers from other states who are good at english. when the teachers from other states speak only english or hindi , our  students will learn those languages effectively. stop  recruiting teachers  who completed their studies(dsc or b.e.d etc) in telugu medium

it is better to remove telugu medium completely from intermediate , degree , post graduate in phased manner. it may take 10 years to transit from telugu to english medium. 

Archived