Citizen Registry (Assam)

minion

With a porous border India has with Nepal and Bangladesh, and with births of Indian citizens not registered 100% properly any where in India, this is a tough problem to tackle. The best option is to let bygones be bygones and start enforcing strict border patrolling. Indian govt. should educate the jawans about the full implications of the problem and then enforce touch penalties on jawans aiding the smuggling of Bangladeshis. Second thing the govt. can do is impose mandatory birth & death registrations in the border states and mandatory identification cards to prevent future immigration. Third thing to do is monitor the already immigrated people who tend cluster for any law&order issues.

37 minutes ago, Kumbk said:

With a porous border India has with Nepal and Bangladesh, and with births of Indian citizens not registered 100% properly any where in India, this is a tough problem to tackle. The best option is to let bygones be bygones and start enforcing strict border patrolling. Indian govt. should educate the jawans about the full implications of the problem and then enforce touch penalties on jawans aiding the smuggling of Bangladeshis. Second thing the govt. can do is impose mandatory birth & death registrations in the border states and mandatory identification cards to prevent future immigration. Third thing to do is monitor the already immigrated people who tend cluster for any law&order issues.

recent citizen registry kind of sounds like draconian measure, but if you think about it, it kind of makes sense.

I know some are devastated, my hope is that there is recourse for those who  rightfully call themselves Indians. I'm hoping Foreigners Tribunal is legit.

Archived