Citizen Registry (Assam)

minion

There are few things to consider..... don’t bring this as a patriotism debate....

there are some cases like father is not citizen and son is citizen etc., there may be other cases as well. 

Where ee will you dump them if you want them out of citizen list?

do we have a path to citizenship ? Or we want to get rid of them? 

These are policy decisions and will keep India in bad light internationally if we do not handle this in right way.

45 minutes ago, minion said:

Its not India's responsibility.

Where will you dump them ? If you say they are not Indian citizens, there should be a right way fwd on where to drop them and the time lines. 

You need to deploy X amount of police to get this task done in a planned manner.

if you just say they are not our citizens and sit idle, what’s the point of having millions of non citizens roaming within the country ?

do we assume they will leave on their own?

How do India deport them? On what basis and process? Don’t get me wrong. 

Firstly, Indian govt feels they are illegal immigrants. How will you prove that they are Bangladeshis ? Do they submit their Bangladeshi passport? Or will Bangladesh come fwd and agree that they are citizens of Bangladesh ?

at which border will you dump them and who will agree to it? 

Think rational. I am not batting for these 2 million people. I am only looking for a strict method of action and not just jumla politics.

2 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

How do India deport them? On what basis and process? Don’t get me wrong. 

Firstly, Indian govt feels they are illegal immigrants. How will you prove that they are Bangladeshis ? Do they submit their Bangladeshi passport? Or will Bangladesh come fwd and agree that they are citizens of Bangladesh ?

at which border will you dump them and who will agree to it? 

Think rational. I am not batting for these 2 million people. I am only looking for a strict method of action and not just jumla politics.

+1

1 minute ago, RamaSiddhu J said:

You are in US ...don't u know many US former Presidents just ignore this deporting of illegal immigrants....just a humanitarian ground...

Even to deport, Bangladesh will ask for documents proving these 2 million are Bangladeshi citizens. Why will they accept 2 million undocumented persons?

finally these people will end up in a Indian camp with free food and shelter

1 minute ago, sskmaestro said:

Even to deport, Bangladesh will ask for documents proving these 2 million are Bangladeshi citizens. Why will they accept 2 million undocumented persons?

finally these people will end up in a Indian camp with free food and shelter

Actually I worked under a franchise of coaching centre. The owner is a Bangladeshi..he is well known in that area. Now became ward councillor...lol..

Citizen registry ni strict ha implement chesthey country lo almost 1 Cr dorukutaaru (< 1% though )

1. If they want to be the citizens of their own country, they will not live as a illegal immigrant in first place

2. Nobody will show the passport as they will be punishable by IPC if they sneak into our country illegally

3. Bangladesh can simply say they are not our citizens and if India feels in a different way, India should submit proofs. 

4. Where do you deport them and who will agree?

5. Do you allow the illegal immigrants to roam free with out any proper monitoring or laws?

6. What is their path to citizenship ? (As this number will increase as years pass by and their kids will become citizens by birth)

7. Did Indian govt has seriousness on finding the Root Cause on the no of ways these illegal immigrants come into our country ?

8. What about agents who are Indian citizens of India and bring these illegal immigrants  into our country ?

9. Do we put them in jails and feed them? Or do we put them in a camp and feed them?

10. If they are illegal immigrants what about their human rights if an Indian citizen sees them as a source for organ trafficking mafia ? Or sex mafia? 

There are more to answer and that’s the reason why previous Govts have not touched this (atleast my view).

but we only think that current govt is cart wheeled by super Patriot and Nationalist and all previous Govts are not patriots!

13 hours ago, sskmaestro said:

Where will you dump them ? If you say they are not Indian citizens, there should be a right way fwd on where to drop them and the time lines. 

You need to deploy X amount of police to get this task done in a planned manner.

if you just say they are not our citizens and sit idle, what’s the point of having millions of non citizens roaming within the country ?

do we assume they will leave on their own?

Again, its not India's job to find them a place or status ... perhaps UN can do something about it. Just not our problem.

About millions of non-citizens roaming around ... that's what this is all about ... finding and purging the unwanted baggage. We have our own to take care of.

20 minutes ago, minion said:

Again, its not India's job to find them a place or status ... perhaps UN can do something about it. Just not our problem.

About millions of non-citizens roaming around ... that's what this is all about ... finding and purging the unwanted baggage. We have our own to take care of.

Again you are not addressing the main problem minion bro. It is us who tagged them as non citizens and they are in “our” land. Where do we dump them? Do you think they will leave on their own? UN will say X Y or Z. But we should have a clear stand on what we will do. 

Unless we take a clear stand on what we have to do, we should not touch this. 

17 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

Again you are not addressing the main problem minion bro. It is us who tagged them as non citizens and they are in “our” land. Where do we dump them? Do you think they will leave on their own? UN will say X Y or Z. But we should have a clear stand on what we will do. 

Unless we take a clear stand on what we have to do, we should not touch this. 

I'd say put them in camps, that'll bring UNs attention ... and all the human rights activists along with it.

BTW, that's exactly what Indian govt is trying to do. Not death camps, but temporary camps until their issues are resolved.

1 hour ago, minion said:

I'd say put them in camps, that'll bring UNs attention ... and all the human rights activists along with it.

BTW, that's exactly what Indian govt is trying to do. Not death camps, but temporary camps until their issues are resolved.

So you put them in camps and feed them for years? Is it a logical solution ? On one hand we say we don’t have money to feed a budget deficit state. But we feed these people with tax payers money!

if Indian govt takes this step, the no of camps will increase as people outside the border will see this as a source of free food and security.

8 minutes ago, minion said:

No, we don't feed them for years ... that's the whole idea.

We have our own mouths to feed. Lets do that first.

You put them in camps and starve? That doesn’t sound logical minion bro.... don’t fall to the BJP’s fake patriotism trap. 

First of all they won’t go on their own

you cannot prove that they belong to X country 

if you put them in camps, you have to give food and shelter (extra budget). This will attract many others to cross border illegally and join camps.

if you put them in camps and starve, every death will put us on same lines of those syria victims (child dead body on beach) 

UN will never provide a solution. It will only suggest to deal with them on humanitarian grounds.

pakistan will pitch in atrocities of India on Kashmir immediately 

its a headache if you want to go this way. 

Instead, identify the illegal immigrants and define a path to citizenship. That will help us.

9 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

You put them in camps and starve? That doesn’t sound logical minion bro.... don’t fall to the BJP’s fake patriotism trap. 

I didn't say we should starve them brother. I'm just saying its not India's responsibility. 

If UN wants to do something about it, by all means India WILL do its part.

You know me well my friend. I'm not the kind to fall for fake stuff.

But remember, there is a reason for the rise of the likes of Trump. Is he wrong? I wouldn't know.

4 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

Instead, identify the illegal immigrants and define a path to citizenship. That will help us.

You are a good man. 

I think Indian govt is trying to do exactly what you suggest. Identify illegals is the first step.

34 minutes ago, minion said:

I didn't say we should starve them brother. I'm just saying its not India's responsibility. 

If UN wants to do something about it, by all means India WILL do its part.

You know me well my friend. I'm not the kind to fall for fake stuff.

But remember, there is a reason for the rise of the likes of Trump. Is he wrong? I wouldn't know.

Minion bro, once we tag them and remove out of citizen registry it is morally and ethically our responsibility to show a solution. UN did not ask us to do this workshop. It is us who started this and if we don’t deal with these things properly (with out plan A B and C) it will be another utter flop stunt like DeMo. On top of all, this exercise can put us in bad light in Intl community.

5 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

Minion bro, once we tag them and remove out of citizen registry it is morally and ethically our responsibility to show a solution. UN did not ask us to do this workshop. It is us who started this and if we don’t deal with these things properly (with out plan A B and C) it will be another utter flop stunt like DeMo. On top of all, this exercise can put us in bad light in Intl community.

I disagree brother.

India, as a country, has the right to decide who belongs within its borders. 

We can look at moral and ethical aspects of it differently. But, first things first. If they don't belong in here, then they don't belong.

Let's go from there.

1 hour ago, minion said:

I disagree brother.

India, as a country, has the right to decide who belongs within its borders. 

We can look at moral and ethical aspects of it differently. But, first things first. If they don't belong in here, then they don't belong.

Let's go from there.

Your point is right if you want to decide on accepting x no of people through your immigration system. 

When you already have 2 million inside your country and there is a chance if potential increase to this number, we have to act wisely so that nothing back fires. 

First identify what are the leaks into the country. Make sure your implement new laws and apply them to everyone who are responsible for this intrusion 

I don’t think Bangladesh accepts them back as these people do not have documentation. 

50 minutes ago, minion said:

Strange thing is @sskmaestro

None of the international organizations never cared about these people. Until Indian Govt took this action. Why is that? I don't know honestly

There will be N no of issues for a world body like UN and this is one of those. 

Illegal immigration is a global problem and countries should have a strict policy before expecting UN to intervene. 

Archived