Vivaan post on mod edits

minion

sorry, I'm kind of resurrecting an old topic.

@Vivaanin one of his recent posts pointed out that no member should be able to edit other member's post in its original content ... this includes mods.

He's right ... 

Mods, if a post doesn't comply ... by all means, please edit ... but, put your sig there.

Its not right to edit someone's content without notice as if it appears to be of theirs

I think that's what he's trying to tell.

@Vivaan please come back.

BTW, this is a general netiquette ... even for admins and mods.

Agree with you, if they can mention reason or rule why it has been modified , people reading that thread will automatically become aware of rules and make sure they follow that model when they post comments or topics.

kakapothe mana dblo Ban koda lite teskoni cheyalanukundi cheseppudu entha rules gurthu chesina no use

4 hours ago, BalayyaTarak said:

kakapothe mana dblo Ban koda lite teskoni cheyalanukundi cheseppudu entha rules gurthu chesina no use

No, admins/mods are spending their personal time filtering unwanted content. I for one appreciate that. Everyone in this forum should.

But the important thing is ... to make sure members express their opinion in a fair and controlled manner.

Not artificially curtailed.

7 minutes ago, minion said:

No, admins/mods are spending their personal time filtering unwanted content. I for one appreciate that. Everyone in this forum should.

But the important thing is ... to make sure members express their opinion in a fair and controlled manner.

Not artificially curtailed.

That is what even my line is about, when members take ban itself as a privilege, how can we expect them to post or discuss in a controlled manner.

4 hours ago, BalayyaTarak said:

take ban itself as a privilege

Guilty as charged. I was one of those who took a ban as a privilege.

But, it was a chance to lighten the moment.

Vacchesa moment ... if you will :) 

16 hours ago, minion said:

sorry, I'm kind of resurrecting an old topic.

@Vivaanin one of his recent posts pointed out that no member should be able to edit other member's post in its original content ... this includes mods.

He's right ... 

Mods, if a post doesn't comply ... by all means, please edit ... but, put your sig there.

Its not right to edit someone's content without notice as if it appears to be of theirs

I think that's what he's trying to tell.

@Vivaan please come back.

BTW, this is a general netiquette ... even for admins and mods.

🙏🙏ardham chesukunnaru andi. thank you. Its not an acceptable/fair way of moderation. Delete cheseyandi leda notifu chesi content edit cheyamanandi. Ledaa pre validate chesukuni offensive ga unte post cheyamaakandi anthe gaani user raasina daani vaalla peru meede mods marchi post cheyatam correct kaadu.

Ika aa paina mee ishtam.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:18 PM, KING007 said:

Intha english, US ki velli improve ayyinda, leka chinnapti nunche na??

I'm flattered :)

fluency in any language is just a small part. Nothing to crow about.

What matters is the clarity of thought and how to convey that thought effectively. 

Honest gaa cheppalante brother ... when I talk to some folks in my village ... it amazes ... they don't know any english ... but, they could express their thoughts beautifully in the language they know ... Telugu. 

To me, that's the most important thing ... clarity of thought and a way to clearly express that thought ... in any language.

Archived